Is Kane lambert still available?
Yes
Position:Small midfielder/defender/forward
Height: 178cm
Weight: 78kg
Born: 26/11/91
Home club: Northern Blue

The inside word
A tough mature-age midfielder, Lambert was just a vote off winning this year's Liston Trophy after another outstanding VFL season for the Northern Blues. The 21-year-old ball-magnet averaged 26 disposals per game and kicked 21 goals with his combination of inside ball-winning and outside run. Lambert is a terrific tackler and learnt his craft as a lockdown midfielder, but has expanded his game in recent seasons. Was also named the most promising player in the VFL, and proved his endurance by running a 13.11 beep test at the state combine

Aug 13, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NORTH! 2016,2017,2018.
Forgive my ignorance, but how does it work? Is there a list? If you want to nominate for it, should you have by now?
Pretty much like the draft only difference is players are vying for rookie spots not senior spots. Left overs not chosen from national draft. I assume they have already nominated themselves for the AFL draft so no need to again.

"To be eligible for selection to the rookie list, players must be registered with a club that is affiliated with the AFL, nominate themselves for the AFL draft and be between 18 and 23 years of age. The vast majority of the players selected are recruited from the major underage leagues (the TAC Cup, West Australian Football League or Tasmanian Football League colts, or South Australian National Football League under 18s), or the major state senior leagues (the Victorian Football League, WAFL, TSL or SANFL). On rarer occasions, players can be drafted directly from metropolitan or country leagues. Delisted players from other AFL clubs are also often selected and are referred to as recycled players. Re-drafting delisted players from the same club is also common due the requirement to either elevate or delist all rookie listed players after three years on the rookie list.
Since 2006 each team has been allowed to select one player older than 23, provided that player had not been on an AFL primary or rookie list previously."

I was just perusing the draft edition of Inside Football looking for rookie prospects and came across Shannon Taylor,pacey,agile line breaker,in fact sounded just like Nakia,and then the last bit "North Melbourne are interested".
I recall people being excited about him in his draft year but seemed to go off the rails or something. Anyway he seems to have settled down now , moved from WA got himself fit and played with Frankston last season where he won mark of the year and goal of the year in the one game.

He's now 24 ,the father of 3 and has a job in a bank, now the perfect role model etc. I say lets go for it.

I was just perusing the draft edition of Inside Football looking for rookie prospects and came across Shannon Taylor,pacey,agile line breaker,in fact sounded just like Nakia,and then the last bit "North Melbourne are interested".
I recall people being excited about him in his draft year but seemed to go off the rails or something. Anyway he seems to have settled down now , moved from WA got himself fit and played with Frankston last season where he won mark of the year and goal of the year in the one game.

He's now 24 ,the father of 3 and has a job in a bank, now the perfect role model etc. I say lets go for it.

That name reminded me of this :

Steele7

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grassy Hawks
Get me a few of:
Jermaine Miller-Lewis
Matthew Ah Siu
A mature ager . like: Nick Rippon, Jye Bolton, Scott Sherlock, Shannon Taylor ect
Erinn Wasley-Black
Mark Kovacevic
Billy Myers
Caleb Hislop
Yes. Jermaine Miller - Lewis. Looks to have the X factor we missed in the draft. Can anyone get the clip of him off the AFL draft machine.

Back