News 2014 Saints Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it only appears the sponsorship extends for the NZ game only.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
Yep that's what I said :)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-22/saints-open-moor-doors-with-jedlwen

Good news for the club... shame Jeldwen only decided to do so after they realised we're playing better than expected and will only have the extra sponsorship for the NZ game. None the less, it's good financially for the club.

EDIT: Another good read.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-22/lenny-loves-tommy

Guys this is a positive that an existing sponsor wants to extend their sponsorship and support of the club. If the club wasn't catering for the sponsors, or not giving them value for the money expended, they wouldn't have extended their sponsorship to include the NZ matches. Good on Jeldwen for this.

Last edited:
To be honest I've always thought the Jeld Wen sponsorship was a little strange.
Mainly becaue Jeld Wen is not really a "consumer brand"
People probably know the brands stegbar and Corinthian, but you'd have to think that its mainly a company that would market to builders or wholesalers.
I could be wrong.

Anyway I really appreciate their sponsorship and will certainly consider their products next time I need to replace bits of the house.

To be honest I've always thought the Jeld Wen sponsorship was a little strange.
Mainly becaue Jeld Wen is not really a "consumer brand"
People probably know the brands stegbar and Corinthian, but you'd have to think that its mainly a company that would market to builders or wholesalers.
I could be wrong.

Anyway I really appreciate their sponsorship and will certainly consider their products next time I need to replace bits of the house.

Jeld Wen is a large global company, they are big sponsors of golf, ice hockey and there is a jeld wen field in Oregon. They own Stegbar, Regency, William Russell, Corinthian Doors, and Airlite in Australia.

Did anyone see the garbage published in the Sun today about Buddy's recent exploits?

"Late last century, or even more recently, some clubs were inclined to call in favours from Plod when players played up after hours. That sort of thing doesn't happen anymore, except occasionally at St Kilda"

What that infers is a pretty awful thing to throw into an article that had absolutely nothing to do with St Kilda.

If they had any evidence to back up that accusation, they'd publish it. Oh wait, in our case they don't even need evidence, they'll take the word of any muppet with an axe to grind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone see the garbage published in the Sun today about Buddy's recent exploits?

"Late last century, or even more recently, some clubs were inclined to call in favours from Plod when players played up after hours. That sort of thing doesn't happen anymore, except occasionally at St Kilda"

What that infers is a pretty awful thing to throw into an article that had absolutely nothing to do with St Kilda.

Everytime I get a popup from news.com saying ive used my free quota and why not subscribe , I think of the reasons.
stuff you hun.

That kind of implication of corruption is pretty much libel.

Yeah the police integrity of the milne case ( which is the only time it was suggested ) was cleared.

Go them Saints. Prosecute , keep it out of the public, but reach a settlement and bank it.

Someone might want to send that to club just incase no one there has picked up on it.

It's a bit "tree falling in the woods", isn't it, Sunny? If the Saints do awesome stuff outside of game day, but it's not recorded and put on the website, does it still impress the fans?

I was looking at some of the youth we picked up in 2009: Blake McGrath, Paul Cahill, Nick Heyne, Tom Lynch, Sam McGarry, Tommy Simpkin, Ross Tungatulum, etc.

Notwithstanding how many of them didn't work out, we never heard a thing from any of them. None of us fans got to identify with them in the way that we are with this current crop. It makes such a difference.

Ross Lyon didn't knoe them either, and he was the coach!

Yeah the police integrity of the milne case ( which is the only time it was suggested ) was cleared.

Go them Saints. Prosecute , keep it out of the public, but reach a settlement and bank it.

We will not do this, which is why they write crap like that. Becouse we are an easy victim. They kick us for giggles.

It does not matter if you win or lose. But if the club sues every time they can and when they cannot kicks up a stink. Then crap like that is not written. Get on the phone, SCREAM LOUDLY at the reporter, at the editor. Make sure they understand that if that is the way they want to go then they will not get access Also speak to the AFL, about how crap like this lowers the impression of the AFL and makes them look corrupt, so they get on the phone and SCREAM LOUDLY. Then ban the reporter for a while. Don't invite the scum at all to the next press confernce.

At worst they get angry themselves, overstep the mark, we take them down. Their insurers get on the phone and talk quietly about increased premiums. Their accountants have harsh words with the editor. At best they learn we are not easy victims to be kicked when ever they want some giggles.

Sorry guys I didn't take much note of who wrote it. I just read it took the quote and moved on. If anyone is unlucky enough to still have a copy they might be able to have a look and find it, it wasn't in the sport section it was closer to the front if that helps.

I also tried searching for it to no avail. Might have been taken down?

Oh, that boy's got bigger trouble than us coming at him after writing an article like that. :eek: What on earth was he thinking?! There's so much libel, so much insulting, so much bridge-burning in one article: NSW politicians, NSW police, three AFL teams, a swimmer, and a shockingly bad taste attempt to take the story of a man's death and turn it into a punchline.

Seriously, you have to wonder what the editor was thinking letting that through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back