News 2014 Saints Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunstan has committed to the Saints until at least the end of 2017 after a stellar first year where he played 16 games and kicked nine goals before a shoulder injury brought a premature end to his first AFL season.

His impressive year was capped off with retiring St Kilda great Lenny Hayes handing his number seven guernsey to the precocious teenager.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-09-08/dunstan-resigning-kickstarts-saints-fest

It's an interesting concept by the club, particularly the claim from the Facebook post:

Throughout September we will be celebrating the next generation of St Kilda stars, announcing a new re-signing on a DAILY basis.

Either we've re-signed 30 players or someone doesn't know how many days there are in September (or the meaning of the word daily).

That criticism aside, it is nice that the club is paying each player credit rather than lumping them all together in a press release.

The thing the club can't do is sell the results. They have to sell progress. In the B&F videos, that's what they focus on: progress on our list, progress on players (debuts, Rising stars, etc), progress in the coaching (Peta), progress with the community (building that house), progress with NZ (Wellington, the new board member). They have to keep selling the idea that we are building something, and everything we do is another brick in that building. This processional of signings heightens that sense, at a time when fans are tempted to focus on poor results (as they watch other teams reap the rewards of their results, in finals).

Very, very clever.

The thing the club can't do is sell the results. They have to sell progress. In the B&F videos, that's what they focus on: progress on our list, progress on players (debuts, Rising stars, etc), progress in the coaching (Peta), progress with the community (building that house), progress with NZ (Wellington, the new board member). They have to keep selling the idea that we are building something, and everything we do is another brick in that building. This processional of signings heightens that sense, at a time when fans are tempted to focus on poor results (as they watch other teams reap the rewards of their results, in finals).

Very, very clever.

astute analysis. and i think correct

lol at the intelligent public voting in the linked poll "Who is the most improved saints player" Luke Dunstan, in his first year, with nothing to improve on, is ranked second...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-afl-report-card/story-fni5f9q3-1227048929359
At least Newnes is in front. Saints fans need to keep voting to outweigh the numpties.

Doesn't the blame lay with the Hun for including Dunstan in the first place? Don't give them enough credit to buy they did it on purpose as some sort of social experiment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Newnes is in front. Saints fans need to keep voting to outweigh the numpties.

Doesn't the blame lay with the Hun for including Dunstan in the first place? Don't give them enough credit to buy they did it on purpose as some sort of social experiment
Agreed

#11. You deep down wish the Doc swapped jumpers with Tuds AFTER the Premiership ceremonies...
This was such an odd tradition in my opinion. Wonder when it phased out..

You have come to terms with people asking if KFC stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Never heard this one. Probably for the best!

Never heard this one. Probably for the best!

probably some of are old enough that KFC was always called Kentucky Fried Chicken until they changed to the acronym. when did they do that? in the 1990s?

• The annual $5 saints raffle is on. Members who have email addresses should have received an email regarding this.

• The Saints annual survey email came round this morning. I did mention about someone form the member ship department coming on here regularly to answer our questions.

#'s 2 3 & 8 are locks :)

#8 is rubbish. There's no way I would have played Maxy ahead of Zach. I loved Max but Zach was the man. His finals campaigns in 2009 and 2010 were fantastic. People choose to forget that he was named our player of the finals in 2010 (jointly with Lenny).

#8 is rubbish. There's no way I would have played Maxy ahead of Zach. I loved Max but Zach was the man. His finals campaigns in 2009 and 2010 were fantastic. People choose to forget that he was named our player of the finals in 2010 (jointly with Lenny).

+1 totally agree mate. But obvious that means we arent real supporters cos we think that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back