News 2014 Saints Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone listening to Sen a few minutes ago when the media guy was discussing Ameet Bains with KB? He gave him a huge rap, and stated that Bains is one of the emerging star administrative talents in the AFL. I really think weve got our back office set up and running well now. Big things are going to happen for us!

I wasn't but I have been of this opinion for a little while now. A really intelligent hire by whoever made that choice. When you are list manager and you have 19 of your players re-sign you know they are doing something right. Not to mention last years draft. I see him being a great successor to the Pelican and then probably even higher at another club.

I wasn't but I have been of this opinion for a little while now. A really intelligent hire by whoever made that choice. When you are list manager and you have 19 of your players resign you know they are doing something right. Not to mention last years draft. I see him being a great successor to the Pelican and then probably even higher at another club.

A public service announcement: Please differentiate from 'resign' and 're-sign'. Do you know how many heart attacks I had during FutureFest from friends who didn't know better?? :p

Was anyone listening to Sen a few minutes ago when the media guy was discussing Ameet Bains with KB? He gave him a huge rap, and stated that Bains is one of the emerging star administrative talents in the AFL. I really think weve got our back office set up and running well now. Big things are going to happen for us!

I'd still like more from the club media wise. Sandy updates or something. Can probably do more at the game too but don't know of that was an MCG thing (went to the Richmond/saints game) involve the crowd.more, better use of loud speakers

I'd still like more from the club media wise. Sandy updates or something. Can probably do more at the game too but don't know of that was an MCG thing (went to the Richmond/saints game) involve the crowd.more, better use of loud speakers

I found my way onto the Green Bay Packers site less than an hour after their game last Monday our time and they had 24 video clips from the game including highlights, interviews and the like. Unbelievable. There's the gold standard right there.

I found my way onto the Green Bay Packers site less than an hour after their game last Monday our time and they had 24 video clips from the game including highlights, interviews and the like. Unbelievable. There's the gold standard right there.

As I have mentioned in the past, I would love to be involved with the marketing. There are so many easy opportunities. Even in our worst games there are moments to point to where a player does something fantastic. That's an easy output of videos, they already have the recordings of every game it would take less than a hour to cut out a few clips, they don't even need a buffer of any kind. Put them on YouTube instantly, maybe another hour.

Five minute interviews with players are always at least somewhat interesting to fans and they could be recorded in one day in two hours total, have an interview every week over the off season.

This part of it, the multimedia element in a visual entertainment, which is hugely beneficial, would only take maybe a one or two person team at most. There are so many students that have either just left school or are about to that could do a decent job and they wouldn't require super high wages. The students get real experience, and a job. You would have an endless supply of people to hire. It's just some basic video editing.

If you wanted even less work, you could just communicate with schools and have a dedicated link to certain schools that could then go on to brag they have work experience, and then ST. Kilda only get the best students. The schools would certainly work in to the curriculum or maybe have a competition, but the entire structure of it would be taken care of for you.

I'm making it sound easier than it would be, but it wouldn't be impossible at all.

What is technically stopping them? He wont be on the Swans list once the next lodgement date goes through but are there rules pertaining to training despite this?

Technically, a technicality, just one of the strange rules the AFLPA has made:

"Membrey, 20, had a late finish to the year with the NEAFL Grand Final on September 20, where he booted five goals in a losing Swans' team.

AFLPA rules stipulate players must have an unbroken period of eight weeks' leave, meaning he will eligible to start three weeks after the Saints' first-to-four year players return on November 5."

Also I must have misread the article earlier. Clearly we start training on the 5th of November but he won't be able to until November 20. Unless we can get permission from the AFL it seems.

Yeah. I heard the segment. It is on every Friday where they get a media proffesor from one of the universities in to talk about media performance's. They named Ameet Bains the MEDIA PERFORMER OF THE WEEK! Commented that he was honest, transparent and spoke well. Also mentioned something about our new general manager???(I think) and he was the one who wanted to "open" the club up to the public. Gave us a big thumbs up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/its-official-crows-aces-patrick-dangerfield-and-rory-sloane-among-top-10-afl-players/story-fndv862c-1227097295022?from=herald sun_rss

ADELAIDE’S midfield has had its value confirmed by official AFL statistician Champion Data, with Patrick Dangerfield and Rory Sloane rated among the top 10 players in the league.

Jack Steven at 39th, only Saints player in top 50, according to these rankings.

(19. Dal Santo, & 26. Goddard - FWIW)

From memory Steven was ranked 19th last year but dropped this year due to his injury etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back