News 2014 Saints Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://getrealaussierules.com/new-additions-will-slot-sides-best-22/

The New Additions: Who will slot into your side’s best 22?

St Kilda

With a great divide in the experience and youth at the Saints, the draft will be the major priority for the club in the off season. Despite this, the addition of former Swan Tim Membrey should replace the loss of Rhys Stanley and ease the heavy workload of Nick Riewoldt. Membrey was starved of opportunity at Sydney, in the shadow of dual Coleman Medalist Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippet. The 20 year old will be looking to reignite his one game career and develop his game under Riewoldt at the Saints. Expect to see plenty of him in 2015.

Not sure Membrey will get a run in the ruck though......:rolleyes:

Otherwise agree, barring injury, should play 22 games.

Not sure he's likely to play every game at this early stage of his career, especially with so much likely competition for the sort of role he is likely to play. Think he will probably be in and out according to form, alternating with the likes of Lee and White and maybe Siposs and Murdoch and of course McCartin, if we choose him. If we go Petracca he will likely play most games if fit and available, so he could potentially take up one of the forward spots most weeks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-16/thanks-for-the-membrey

Ooooh Uncle Barrels I beat him, I beat the Stanley Knives man to a post :eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::p:D

In all seriousness, I posted this on the Tim Membrey thread; what an impressive recruit. Think he'll really impact in our fwd line next year and provide a chop out to the skipper. Let's hope the team actually kicks it to him.

Siposs and Lee must be looking over their shoulders....

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-16/thanks-for-the-membrey

Ooooh Uncle Barrels I beat him, I beat the Stanley Knives man to a post :eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::p:D

In all seriousness, I posted this on the Tim Membrey thread; what an impressive recruit. Think he'll really impact in our fwd line next year and provide a chop out to the skipper. Let's hope the team actually kicks it to him.

Siposs and Lee must be looking over their shoulders....

Yep, Siposs definitely would be and Tom lee a bit as well. Time to put some work in young fellas.

+1. Also interesting it's still a part time role either way, so that rules him out of director of coaching.
Maybe not, DoC might only need to be a part-time role...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not, DoC might only need to be a part-time role...

Yeah, this is my thinking. I mentioned it in another thread but I think we could be using this as a quick low risk option at someone to fill the DoC role for a little while while we reassess the situation. Frawley has the senior coaching experience and the experience as the head of the coaches association and even if the whole process is a bit rushed we should know enough about him to know whether he can do the job.

What's Stephen Newport doing these days?

Was the head of the Football Department at the Dogs in the early 2000s, so he's familiar with that type of role. Played 39 games for us, so there's some connection with the club.

Last edited:
I was told earlier in the year that Spud had been having a lot more to do with us (behind the scenes) than he had in a very long time (with regards to culture and so-on, from memory), so it will be interesting to see what happens here. Would have thought that if he had an agreement with Hawthorn that that would be it though, as our job is not exactly a head coaching role that they would be perfectly fine with him ditching them for.

Last edited:
I was told earlier in the year that Spud had been having a lot more to do with us (behind the scenes) than he had in a very long time, so it will be interesting to see what happens here. Would have thought that if he had an agreement with Hawthorn that that would be it though, as our job is not exactly a head coaching role that they would be perfectly fine with him ditching them for.

Probably wasn't 100% set in concrete yet. Good to hear that Spud has been more involved in recent times. Hopefully he takes this mystery job.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/aust...s-thrash-bombers/story-fnk2to87-1227124594929

AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL

Milne kicks 10, Saints thrash Bombers
  • GREY MORRIS
  • NT NEWS
  • NOVEMBER 16, 2014 10:05AM
594901-4a285b62-6c9b-11e4-8209-94d663ade358.jpg

St Marys’ boom recruit Stephen Milne in action during his 10-goal haul against Tiwi Bombers

A 10-GOAL haul by St Marys recruit Stephen Milne and another reminder of the class of Ben Rioli highlighted the Green Machine’s 84-point thrashing of the Tiwi Bombers at TIO Stadium on Saturday.

The Saints are written up in the Herald Sun today, (not sure if it is online although a couple of the individual articles might be).

Interesting who they rate but they've got a picture of Seb Ross and labelled it Tom Curren - MASSIVE FAIL!!

Typical of journos these days......NFI!!

The Saints are written up in the Herald Sun today, (not sure if it is online although a couple of the individual articles might be).

Interesting who they rate but they've got a picture of Seb Ross and labelled it Tom Curren - MASSIVE FAIL!!

Typical of journos* these days......NFI!!

*Editors not journos.. Journos don't put the photos to their stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back