News 2014 Saints Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that we have been in the Hun at least 3 times a week and all for the right reasons! (Touch wood)

We're getting more exposure than doggies tigers and north put together! :)

Love that we have been in the Hun at least 3 times a week and all for the right reasons! (Touch wood)

We're getting more exposure than doggies tigers and north put together! :)

Ch 7 been showing our NZ trip a bit too, as shown on our website.

Don't know what they were all laughing about after Newnes mentioned about his diabetes
It just came across as a throw away comment when realistically it is a disease that impacts a lot of peoples lives. I would say the nonchalant way in which it was stated generated the laugh.

Don't know what they were all laughing about after Newnes mentioned about his diabetes

theyre just a fun bunch looking for laugh. i wouldnt read into it much

maybe theyre laughing because its mentioned in the media all the time, kind of like the geelong football factory comment

i know i laugh at stupid s**t all the time, because hey i like laughing

maybe theyre laughing because its mentioned in the media all the time, kind of like the geelong football factory comment

Thats strange, I like laughing too

I didn't read too much into it. I like to laugh also but couldn't figure out what they were laughing at so obviously the joke went over my head this time.

Why are we questioning why the players were laughing at Newnes' comment? I thought it was pretty obvious that they were laughing because he flatly and overly nonchalantly made mention of Patty's diabetes, instead of approaching the serious matter subtly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we questioning why the players were laughing at Newnes' comment? I thought it was pretty obvious that they were laughing because he flatly and overly nonchalantly made mention of Patty's diabetes, instead of approaching the serious matter subtly.
My original comment wasn't implying anything bad about what Newnes had said. I know the players wouldn't laugh at someone with diabetes in a bad way which is why I was asking what was said that made them laugh and it seems Newnes' way of mentioning he had diabetes flew over my head.

I reckon this. They made such a big deal over it, by joking about it, it shows that the playing group accept him, and don't give a crap about media perceptions.

My original comment wasn't implying anything bad about what Newnes had said. I know the players wouldn't laugh at someone with diabetes in a bad way which is why I was asking what was said that made them laugh and it seems Newnes' way of mentioning he had diabetes flew over my head.
Yeah Newnes just spurted it out so 'matter of factly' that it sounded a bit odd so the players laughed at him:p.
If he hadve said something like " And of course Paddy has had diabetes for a long time and for him to be a number 1 draft pick will be a great inspiration to other young children with type 1 diabetes" . Wouldve sounded fine.
But to just say this is Paddy , he has Diabetes . Sounded pretty stupid:D All in good fun though and Paddy seems like a good sport :thumbsu:
Love how they keep taking the piss out of him about the gap between his teeth.
Every time he smiles he reminds me of the old actor Terry Thomas
terry-thomas_1.jpg
:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back