VFL 2014 Sandringham Zebras News and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm too lazy to look up when this is but whenever we play Werribee it's on TV. :thumbsu:

Round 19 on Saturday August 16 vs Werribee. Its now a 1.10pm start after originally being 7.00pm night game and it now clashes with the Saints/Swans game!

I'm too lazy to look up when this is but whenever we play Werribee it's on TV. :thumbsu:
who-gonna-stop-being-lazy-thats-rightyou-are.jpg

Not sure if this is the best place to ask... But how is Blake Acres coming along? Im looking at him for a ultimate team keepers league for next season and beyond (free agent in my league)
Will probably play 2014 out in the VFL hasn't played much since returning from his foot injury a few weeks ago because of a corky he got in his first game back. Assuming he has a good injury-free pre-season he'll probably see a lot of games in 2015.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask... But how is Blake Acres coming along? Im looking at him for a ultimate team keepers league for next season and beyond (free agent in my league)

Is he listed as a defender? Dont think he is projected to become the type of player that would score highly in fantasy football (for a mid). But a very handy player in reality.
But I am sure I saw him listed as a defender in one of the games, and in that context I'd definitely say for points scoring potential/high pos numbers he is a better bet than most players with two years or less in them.

Is he listed as a defender? Dont think he is projected to become the type of player that would score highly in fantasy football (for a mid). But a very handy player in reality.
But I am sure I saw him listed as a defender in one of the games, and in that context I'd definitely say for points scoring potential/high pos numbers he is a better bet than most players with two years or less in them.

Listed as a center...but in ultimate footy they give dual pos throughout the year. So he will prob start as a mid next year, and if he plays defense he will gain C/B in about rounds 6,12,18. Other players im looking at are Hartung, whitecross (for next year), and Schneider for this finals. Im top 4 atm

Saints Qualified For VFL Finals (12 So far)

Jason Holmes
Trent Dennis-Lane
Darren Minchington
Sam Dunell
Dylan Roberton
Tom Simpkin
Brodie Murdoch
Spencer White
Terry Milera
Josh Saunders
Seb Ross
Lewis Pierce (6 seniors & 3 Dev Squad)

Arryn Siposs, Daniel Markworth, Beau Maister & Tom Lee all qualified but have season ending injuries.

NOT QUALIFIED (NEED PLAY 7, ONLY 2 GAMES LEFT)
Cam Shenton (6)
Blake Acres (5 plus 1 Dev Squad)
Nathan Wright (5 plus 1 Dev Squad)
Shane Savage (5)

Cam Shenton (6)
Shane Savage (5)

So fair chance Shenton, Acres and Wright will be right to play VFL finals.
Assuming they play at least 1 of the last 2 games? Is that what it means?

Savage: no chance i would assume as last week was probably his only bad game since coming back into the Saints team.

So fair chance Shenton, Acres and Wright will be right to play VFL finals.
Assuming they play at least 1 of the last 2 games? Is that what it means?

Savage: no chance i would assume as last week was probably his only bad game since coming back into the Saints team.

Yeah spot on mate. Only added Savage cos he was only other one that can qualify but doubt we'd drop him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, how's the season shaping up for Sandy going into the finals?

The game against Williamstown will determine where we finish on the ladder. We will probably lose (since Willy are 3rd, and we're 7th), but if we DO win, we will pop up to 6th, and go into the finals with a bit of a winning streak. After that, we will be playing a final, most likely against North Ballarat - this makes it all the more important to beat Willy, because there's a huge difference between playing them at Trevor Barker Oval, and trudging down the Eureka Stadium.

I'd love for us to win the whole shebang, obviously, but that's probably not realistic. I think winning a final, and playing in a Semi, would be a good result for the year. Anything after that is a bonus.

Jason Holmes
Trent Dennis-Lane
Darren Minchington
Sam Dunell
Dylan Roberton
Tom Simpkin
Brodie Murdoch
Spencer White
Terry Milera
Josh Saunders
Seb Ross
Lewis Pierce (6 seniors & 3 Dev Squad)

Arryn Siposs, Daniel Markworth, Beau Maister & Tom Lee all qualified but have season ending injuries.

Cam Shenton (6)
Shane Savage (5)

That system seems to suck big time where injuries are concerned.

That system seems to suck big time where injuries are concerned.

Just found out that Dev squad games don't count, they have to be senior appearances so think Acres & Wright won't be able to qualify. Will have check numbers later.

Just found out that Dev squad games don't count, they have to be senior appearances so think Acres & Wright won't be able to qualify. Will have check numbers later.
Seems weird , you could have a young guy who was injured most of the year, he gets up and gets a couple of Sandringham games into him, doesn't have a chance of playing for the Saints, but neither can he play for Sandringham finals.
I guess they need to keep the likes of Sam Fisher out though.

UPDATED

Saints Qualified For VFL Finals (12)

Jason Holmes
Trent Dennis-Lane
Darren Minchington
Sam Dunell
Dylan Roberton
Tom Simpkin
Brodie Murdoch
Spencer White
Terry Milera
Josh Saunders
Seb Ross
Lewis Pierce
Nathan Wright
Cam Shenton

Blake Acres, Arryn Siposs, Daniel Markworth, Beau Maister & Tom Lee all qualified but have season ending injuries.

NOT QUALIFIED (NEED PLAY THIS WEEK)
Shane Savage

Last edited:
"During the first week of the VFL finals selection can be open, just as it is throughout the home and away season as it coincides with the final home and away AFL round.

But from the second week of the finals certain eligibility criteria kicks in.

When one club has both its AFL and VFL or affiliated club engaged on the same weekend during the finals, selection will again be open as long as a player has played at least one VFL game during the 2014 home and away season.

For AFL standalone or aligned clubs, AFL Listed or Rookie players must have played at least six VFL games during the 2014 season to be eligible to play in the VFL final series. "
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc...294689-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=31121267

Does this mean that Gwilt can play first final?

Glad Collingwood have as big an injury problem as us as could be our likely opponent if results go as ladder suggests.
Lets hope they don't drop any of their decent players.

Goalless in the last. 9.8.62 to 17.15.117.
Dunell the standout with 23 possessions and 13 marks.
Simpkin good but copped an injury in the last q
Minchington another good game but not outstanding like last week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back