2014 SC - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Seriously, this is true.

I'm playing in a cash league, wiping the floor with all comers an looking good for the big prize. So I'm having a bit of banter in the psyche out, trash talking, the usual. In any case, the guy I'm having the banter with, emails me and tells me that someone else in the comp has contacted him and told him to report me for offensive behaviour and get me kicked out of the league. He even offered to split the winnings with him if I got kicked out! Serious.

Now, I've got a fair idea who it is (they have to be close enough to win if I'm not there, and my brother is running 2nd and I'm 74% sure it isn't him ;)). But my understanding is, I can only get suspended from the actual psyche out. I've checked the t&c's but honestly, it's a bit vague. Anyone actually know?

Cheers.

And FYI, no swearing, nothing racial, nothing about sexuality (no homo). Just me and this guy crappung on. Him telling me what a unique team he has and how he could win without Ablett! Mind you, he is running 17th and I did remind him of that. :D
People shoot airliners out of the air, start world wars, etc...sorry dude but people are capable of anything.

Nice. We in the bay suddenly are we?
Are you talking to me for laughing at a picture in isolation or the poster for posting the picture in context?

As the entire thread of discussion, the terms are pretty clear, if you haven't posted anything offensive, racist or abusive, you have nothing to worry about.

Hey guys. Seriously, this is true.

I'm playing in a cash league, wiping the floor with all comers an looking good for the big prize. So I'm having a bit of banter in the psyche out, trash talking, the usual. In any case, the guy I'm having the banter with, emails me and tells me that someone else in the comp has contacted him and told him to report me for offensive behaviour and get me kicked out of the league. He even offered to split the winnings with him if I got kicked out! Serious.

Now, I've got a fair idea who it is (they have to be close enough to win if I'm not there, and my brother is running 2nd and I'm 74% sure it isn't him;) ). But my understanding is, I can only get suspended from the actual psyche out. I've checked the t&c's but honestly, it's a bit vague. Anyone actually know?

Cheers.

And FYI, no swearing, nothing racial, nothing about sexuality (no homo). Just me and this guy crappung on. Him telling me what a unique team he has and how he could win without Ablett! Mind you, he is running 17th and I did remind him of that. :D

Is the flog who's trying to get you kicked out of your cash league on BF? Name and shame, dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question All,

I currently have Honeychurch on the bench selected as an emergency who did not play and I also have Langdon for the Pies who is unexpected to play.

I selected Selwood as VC and he scored 147.

Now if I attempt the V/VC loophole and place Cotchin on the bench for example and make him a Emergency also and set Langdon as captain I will get the double points for Selwood as he will be my Capt. (assuming Langdon does not play).

However I understand that if you have TWO emergencies selected you get the lower of the 2 scored. Is this also true if one of them does not play like Honeychurch?

Hope that makes sense.

Question All,

I currently have Honeychurch on the bench selected as an emergency who did not play and I also have Langdon for the Pies who is unexpected to play.

I selected Selwood as VC and he scored 147.

Now if I attempt the V/VC loophole and place Cotchin on the bench for example and make him a Emergency also and set Langdon as captain I will get the double points for Selwood as he will be my Capt. (assuming Langdon does not play).

However I understand that if you have TWO emergencies selected you get the lower of the 2 scored. Is this also true if one of them does not play like Honeychurch?

Hope that makes sense.
If he doesn't play, his score is taken as "not played" rather than "zero", so he would not be the lowest score.

quick question... if someone has both MID bench players as EMG and only one of them plays, do they get the points of the scoring player or a donut from the non-playing player if an EMG is required?

quick question... if someone has both MID bench players as EMG and only one of them plays, do they get the points of the scoring player or a donut from the non-playing player if an EMG is required?

The playing player.

AFL rd 23 announced

F - Coll v Haw
S - Carl v Ess
S - Freo v Port
S (T) - Syd v Rich
S (N) - Geel v Bris
S (N) - NM v Melb
Sun - GCS v WCE
Sun - Ade v St.K
Sun (T) - WBD v GWS

Pendles on Friday night will be interesting.

Max King playing late-ish is good.

Fellas,

I'm coming up to my 500th post here (almost entirely this season).

While it's definitely minor in comparison to some of the big dogs floating around, I'd just like to say a big thanks to all of you.

So many lessons learnt. Honestly.

Not just SC, but a broader understanding of the game too.

Really appreciate the help I've been given. From a 34000th season last year, to a current (but no doubt short lived) 5000th this year. It truly has been a great experience.

Would hate to single any names out in particular, but all have played a big part.

I'm sure there are many in the same boat as me.

Cheers.

PS Jiska go buddy

Fellas,

I'm coming up to my 500th post here (almost entirely this season).

While it's definitely minor in comparison to some of the big dogs floating around, I'd just like to say a big thanks to all of you.

So many lessons learnt. Honestly.

Not just SC, but a broader understanding of the game too.

Really appreciate the help I've been given. From a 34000th season last year, to a current (but no doubt short lived) 5000th this year. It truly has been a great experience.

Would hate to single any names out in particular, but all have played a big part.

I'm sure there are many in the same boat as me.

Cheers.

PS Jiska go buddy
lolz, why am I tagged??

Have to echo your comments to the BF SC Community actually. I came year at the start of last season because I was sick of my mates beating me at SC and wanted to earn some bragging rights back. This year I'm first in two leagues, 5th in another, fighting to finals in Tragics 1 and just forget Tragics 2 ;). Thjnk I've gone from 60 odd k last year to top 4k this year. Improvement is far and way due to a lot of people on here who give up their time and thoughts freely to help others.

A great community and certainly not taken for granted by myself. It's a large part of the reason I put my hand up to help the board out when Axe and SJ put the call out at the start of the season. This board has become a second home to me, as sad as that may sound to those from the outside looking in (ie, my wife :))

:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back