Position 2014 SC Midfielders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is.

F5 and F6 are going to absolutely kill you mate (Impey and JKH) They simply wont score enough.

Billings at F4 is dodgy too, wont score enough and is vest bait.

Grundy in the rucks is also an iffy choice IMO.

You are losing too much cash generation in your midfield by playing 6 premo mids as you are missing out on the other top mid rookies who will generate you cash.

And as Toxic said forward and ruck benches are rubbish. None of them will play. :eek:

You should really have Impey and JKH on your forward bench. :thumbsu:
Planning on doing that might do a swan to murphy trade make billings caddy and upgrade elsewhere.

Here it is.
Sacrificing rucks, and ESPECIALLY forwards. Forwards are just going to kill you, they don't have the JS so could be out of the team at any moment, and they won't score very well.

Nailed the back and forward premiums. Awesome team if you can fix up a few of those cheaper forward rookies. I like the team a lot!

The big points are made in the middle. Happens every year. Teams that load up the mids tend to do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went from rockliff to sheed starting then billings and s**t rookie to kennedy and caddy
You could also do Suckling to Webster and Sheed to Dunstan to save $98k. Unless you hate St.Kilda! :p

Fine I'll change it. :(

Billings is a big vest risk IMO, so the Selwood>Tyson & Billings>fwd premo should help,

Then just make sure you get all your fwd rookies playing (ZMerret from Ess & Close from BLions look likely?) + Currie if named in ruck,

FWIW

You could also do Suckling to Webster and Sheed to Dunstan to save $98k. Unless you hate St.Kilda! :p
Definitely not doing sheed to dunstan sheed is going to smash, I will think about suckling to webster.

I can't decide between Watson, Rockliff and Libba. Thoughts?
All good options for mine. I'd probably go Watson but can definitely see the appeal in Rockliff and Libba.

My midfield structure is 4-0-6. The unique 4 of Gaz/Pendles/Murphy/Beams and Michie, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan, Lemmens then Crouch or FD.

All good options for mine. I'd probably go Watson but can definitely see the appeal in Rockliff and Libba.

My midfield structure is 4-0-6. The unique 4 of Gaz/Pendles/Murphy/Beams and Michie, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan, Lemmens then Crouch or FD.
I've gone a 4-1-5.

With Gaz, Cotch, Beams, and one of Jobe/Rocky/Libba.
Midpricer is Shiels with the standard rooks.

Jobe provides the safe option I think. I worry a little if Rocky gets extra attention this year and I'm sure Libba will produce but little nervous of the unknown with him.

I do have Jobe currently in my line up and with only $30-40k between he and Libba, is likely to stay there. He just seems like the boring choice. haha

Anyone not pick Jobe due to ASADA worries at some stage of the year?
Of course he would appeal any suspension, but I assume he wouldn't be allowed to play until an appeal was successful.
And god knows how long an appeal would take.
Hmm.

Anyone not pick Jobe due to ASADA worries at some stage of the year?
Of course he would appeal any suspension, but I assume he wouldn't be allowed to play until an appeal was successful.
And god knows how long an appeal would take.
Hmm.
I don't deal with rumour and innuendo. I pick the best team I can and will use trades to fix any issues as they arise, be those issues injuries, suspensions or infractions..

My POD is my structure. Gone for a 7-0-3 midfield set up. The big hitters are in the mids. I'm just hoping a few of the midfield rookies end up being average... I'm confident with my back rookies, I think there is some exceptional value there. The forward rookies are no good, but I'm confident I can manage them well enough not to be an issue.

GAJ, Pendles, Watson, Rockliff, Cotchin, JPK, Beams, Polec.......... Ellis, Dunstan

My POD is my structure. Gone for a 7-0-3 midfield set up. The big hitters are in the mids. I'm just hoping a few of the midfield rookies end up being average... I'm confident with my back rookies, I think there is some exceptional value there. The forward rookies are no good, but I'm confident I can manage them well enough not to be an issue.

GAJ, Pendles, Watson, Rockliff, Cotchin, JPK, Beams, Polec.......... Ellis, Dunstan
Curious to see the rest of your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back