Position 2014 SC Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne supporters - What's Dom Barry's JS like? I need to downgrade Shenton to a rookie midfielder who will give me bench cover

Melbourne supporters - What's Dom Barry's JS like? I need to downgrade Shenton to a rookie midfielder who will give me bench cover
Shithouse, I would have thought. Bit of a revolving door policy down at the Dees at the moment. I'm sure Roos will want to take a look at a lot of our younger players and you'd expect any number of guys who are either injured or playing VFL (Toumpas, Jay Kennedy Harris, Terlich, Cross...) to get a game ahead of him. Don't think he played particularly well, either.

Honeychurch, with DPP, next week - looks the best bet, ATM.

Shithouse, I would have thought. Bit of a revolving door policy down at the Dees at the moment. I'm sure Roos will want to take a look at a lot of our younger players and you'd expect any number of guys who are either injured or playing VFL (Toumpas, Jay Kennedy Harris, Terlich, Cross...) to get a game ahead of him. Don't think he played particularly well, either.

Honeychurch, with DPP, next week - looks the best bet, ATM.

Cheers! I shall stay away from Barry and go Honeychurch then, I wasn't aware that he was DPP and thought he was just a forward. Hoping he keeps his place in the team for the rest of the season...

Cheers! I shall stay away from Barry and go Honeychurch then, I wasn't aware that he was DPP and thought he was just a forward. Hoping he keeps his place in the team for the rest of the season...

I don't think Honeys JS is all that strong, we've got Griffen, Cooney, Grant, Gia and Tutt all to come back into the side in the next couple of weeks. I reckon if he does survive the cut this week he will be sub. Just be wary.

I presume this is sarcasm.
No. Not at all. I'd be wary of picking an injury prone player returning from injury, particularly at this stage in the season when trades are limited. Don't need another Ambrose or Acres.

Morabito could be the next Cyril.

Additionally, he averaged just over 50 from an entire season. Had a fair few bad scores in there. Not like he's a returning Premo like Beams. Kersten and HC just as capable of the same output, and probably more, with better JS.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-fremantle-dockers--anthony-morabito?year=2010&fantasy=y

No. Not at all. I'd be wary of picking an injury prone player returning from injury, particularly at this stage in the season when trades are limited. Don't need another Ambrose or Acres.

Morabito could be the next Cyril.

Additionally, he averaged just over 50 from an entire season. Not like he's a returning Premo like Beams.

He's also 123k and been playing for 2 months, as opposed to Cyril and Beames who cost 5 times that.

Biggest bargain of the year.

He's also 123k and been playing for 2 months, as opposed to Cyril and Beames who cost 5 times that.

Biggest bargain of the year.
Kersten and HC have been playing for 5 months ;)

I feel both will average more than Morabito's proven statistical output of a 50 average over a season.

Each to their own though. Hope he goes well for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disclaimer: I may well select him myself in a few weeks as an M8, but that would be purely to cash in Taylor and bring in a Premo defender for Cutler and thus moving Jaensch to D7 to give me cover on all lines and complete my team. I certainly won't be picking him for his scoring ability or JS though.

Kersten and HC have been playing for 5 months ;)

I feel both will average more than Morabito's proven statistical output of a 50 average over a season.

Each to their own though. Hope he goes well for you.

you seem pretty hung up on morabitos stats from 4 years ago.
the 22 touches he's been averaging in the WAFL this year don't point toward an improvement on that proven 50 sc point average?
(fyi that 50 sc average was off an average of 13 touches... not a bad ratio actually)

btw your disclaimer doesn't sound like you are taking your own advice and "staying well clear".

Oh and Morabito has better job security than Kersten and Sweet Jesus combined.

btw your disclaimer doesn't sound like you are taking your own advice and "staying well clear".

Oh and Morabito has better job security than Kersten and Sweet Jesus combined.
True, but as per my disclaimer I wouldn't bring him in for cover or with a view to playing him, purely to generate cash. May well just bring in a 102k non playing rookie instead TBH, depends if I need that 20k or not, haven't decided yet.

I'd take HC or Kersten as bench cover any day over a player who hasn't been able to stay on the park for three to four years.

Again, just my opinion. Hoping he works out for you tho.

Acres had 18 possies in the vfl last week and the seniors had their pants pulled down.
Should get a game sooner rather than later.

Also anothet guy I've been holding, sam lloyd tore it up AGAIN in the vfl. :mad:

great - ive been hanging on to Acres...hoping he'd make it back....seems a good prospect, and in SC terms, was scoring ok before he went down....

True, but as per my disclaimer I wouldn't bring him in for cover or with a view to playing him, purely to generate cash. May well just bring in a 102k non playing rookie instead TBH, depends if I need that 20k or not, haven't decided yet.

I'd take HC or Kersten as bench cover any day over a player who hasn't been able to stay on the park for three to four years.

Again, just my opinion. Hoping he works out for you tho.
I picked Morabito over HC last week. HC didn't appear to have good JS according the Bulldogs forum. HC is 19, 68kg and pick 60. Morabito 22 and pick 4. If Morabito stays healthy he seemed to be a better bet as Freo are keen to play him as he'll be a bonus for them going into the finals.

Fairly steep at $332,300. Could be worth it if you listen to the Collingwood fans. VFL form has been very good
Was a great pick up for me last year. Kid is an absolute yet. Reminds me a lot of T Mitchell actually.

Too awkward and risky at 330 odd tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back