Position 2014 SC Rucks

What structure will you be going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, but Simpson has been around a lot longer than Suckling. Suckling had his break out year then did his knee. If he stays fit, I think hes a keeper and is even some chance to out score Simpson over the year. But why are we talking about 2 defenders in the rucks thread? Back on topic...

so, I've already gone Thurlow > Currie after McEvoy was a late out because I hate donuts.
I then went McEvoy > Mummy.

What the hell do I do now? My season is in tatters, so common sense says stay put and eat Curried Donuts for a couple of weeks but that does not sit well with me. I also reckon there is every chance Mummy is out for a month or more.

NicNat is hurt and going to be rested. My gut says burn another trade and jump on old faithful Big Dean Cox for old times sake. Someone talk me out of it.

Thank you captain obvious!
Not something that occured to me originally, and a mistake I've made before. Thought I'd share it with others who might be able to benefit from it and that hadn't thought of it.

Not something that occured to me originally, and a mistake I've made before. Thought I'd share it with others who might be able to benefit from it and that hadn't thought of it.
I appreciated it :thumbsu:

Thank you captain obvious!

Agreed, experience with SC on this forum varies widely and all of this info is helpful at many levels. :thumbsu:

Agreed, experience with SC on this forum varies widely and all of this info is helpful at many levels. :thumbsu:
I remember when I first came here last year, I had no idea what an emergency or captain's loophole was, and somebody just posted something pointed it out to me, helped me out a lot.

If it doesn't help you then just ignore it, if it does help you then take it on board and you're welcome :p

Well I don't have him based on that fact. He was a viable selection though for his price, especially if Hawthorn are smashing teams frequently.
Errrr. No. Inconsistent players are never a viable option.

Errrr. No. Inconsistent players are never a viable option.

Can be harder to stomach for league wins.

But for overall, as long as their totals are competitive, all is good.

2,200 pts for the year is exactly that, irrespective of how one accumulates this total.

Can be harder to stomach for league wins.

But for overall, as long as their totals are competitive, all is good.

2,200 pts for the year is exactly that, irrespective of how one accumulates this total.
It's fair to say that while the focus is on the overall, everyone has leagues as well so if it's a choice between a 2200 consistent player or a 2200 inconsistent player you'd be silly to take the latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fair to say that while the focus is on the overall, everyone has leagues as well so if it's a choice between a 2200 consistent player or a 2200 inconsistent player you'd be silly to take the latter.

Why?

That guy who has a range of 40-160, might just pull out that 140 to give you an improbable league win, when the 80-120 guy falls short with his 90.

Can go other way as well, granted.

I reckon consistency is for those SC coaches who can't stomach the ups & downs and get inclined to trade them out.

This from a guy who has Rough & is planning to get Petrie, FWIW.

Don't understand this logic. It all evens out at the end. He could get you a massive score and win a league match for you also.

Why?

That guy who has a range of 40-160, might just pull out that 140 to give you an improbable league win, when the 80-120 guy falls short with his 90.

Can go other way as well, granted.

I reckon consistency is for those SC coaches who can't stomach the ups & downs and get inclined to trade them out.

This from a guy who has Rough & is planning to get Petrie, FWIW.
I feel I dodged a bullet by dropping Petrie from my team at the last moment. But I rated him in the top 6 forwards and he's capable of averaging over 100 when in form. In a couple of weeks he's going to be down around $350k. Any sign of a return to form after his round 8 bye and he'll be straight in.

I feel I dodged a bullet by dropping Petrie from my team at the last moment. But I rated him in the top 6 forwards and he's capable of averaging over 100 when in form. In a couple of weeks he's going to be down around $350k. Any sign of a return to form after his round 8 bye and he'll be straight in.

He wont get as low as 350k unless he keeps spudding it, in which case you probably don't want him in.
Will bottom out around 380-400 I think.
I've taken a leap of faith that last week was his turnaround game and brought him in this week for tmitch.

Sure he'll drop 20-30k this week even with a half decent score, and it's a risk based on one half decent game last week (88), but I've already got my 2 trades next week penciled in for cutler/robertson/cripps.

Hopefully droopy repays the faith and averages 80+ from here on out like I think he will.

He wont get as low as 350k unless he keeps spudding it, in which case you probably don't want him in.
Will bottom out around 380-400 I think.
I've taken a leap of faith that last week was his turnaround game and brought him in this week for tmitch.

Sure he'll drop 20-30k this week even with a half decent score, and it's a risk based on one half decent game last week (88), but I've already got my 2 trades next week penciled in for cutler/robertson/cripps.

Hopefully droopy repays the faith and averages 80+ from here on out like I think he will.
SC Gold have him dropping to $350 in 3 weeks but you're right, they base that on him averaging just 57 in 3 games and I wouldn't be picking him up while he was in that sort of form. Last week was a step in the right direction but still not good enough. He averaged 102 last year and regularly averages low to mid 90s. He'll probably be priced at a 70 point average after next round so the value is certainly there when he finds form.

SC Gold have him dropping to $350 in 3 weeks but you're right, they base that on him averaging just 57 in 3 games and I wouldn't be picking him up while he was in that sort of form. Last week was a step in the right direction but still not good enough. He averaged 102 last year and regularly averages low to mid 90s. He'll probably be priced at a 70 point average after next round so the value is certainly there when he finds form.
Cloke will be around 350k after tomorrow.

Cloke will be around 350k after tomorrow.
Yes Cloke is getting cheap and it's tempting, but he's another one of those roller coaster type players. I like Petrie's consistency much better. In the past 8 years he's averaged 89.6, 88.7, 95.7, 91.3, 55.5, 93.7, 94.6 & 102.8 with the 55.7 being in a year in which he played just 2 games due to injury .... the only year in that 8 year period where he played less than 21 games.
(my apologies to the mods for taking the ruck thread off on a forwards tangent )

Would have been good to have you in the Tragics leagues hoddo
Thanks Jiska. I'll have to remember to apply next year. I was concentrating so much on getting my team ready I forgot to join any of the BF leagues so I'm just in a public league. Things will get a bit boring when I drop out of contention for the overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back