2014 season

Remove this Banner Ad

It won't be a Barny person that wrote the post. From what I know of Barny players they have always been great mates with each other.
I think Danny is a good chance of being right by thinking that the person writing the post is most probably a disgruntled Dederang person which if correct is sad because it wouldn't be a true reflection of all the Dederang people I know.

Good on you Danny and Cam, don't get to caught up in the banter though, remember it is big footy! from an outsider looking at the posts its clear that its not a barny player, I don't think any would read any of this and think their is problems at barny you just have to look past and see that they keep their list together every year and that speaks volumes of barnys culture, good luck for next season. My guess is that it is someone that has missed out on Steve's services and thought they might have one last crack. How are the barny boys travelling anyway? picked up a few?

Pole Position you must have some inside info, from what I have seen of Chiltern they need to improve a bit. Had a good second half of 2014 and some good kids. To date some good gains in the Hibberson's, Ryan Mackenzie and Tom Dickson but to be premiership contenders they will need to improve a fair bit. What do you have for us or where do you see their improvement coming from to convince us of this early prediction?

They were there about's last year and were riddled with injuries. There's over 300 games of ovens and murray experience in those pick ups alone. They will most likely get Toms brother too. Raiders would feel a bit disappointed after signing creswell and losing 3-4 players. Mark doolan will have a cracker year after being nursed through last year. I think a few sides will come back to the pack next year (Kiewa and Thurg). I know its an early call, but this page loves assumptions... Chiltern v Mitta Grand Final

They were there about's last year and were riddled with injuries. There's over 300 games of ovens and murray experience in those pick ups alone. They will most likely get Toms brother too. Raiders would feel a bit disappointed after signing creswell and losing 3-4 players. Mark doolan will have a cracker year after being nursed through last year. I think a few sides will come back to the pack next year (Kiewa and Thurg). I know its an early call, but this page loves assumptions... Chiltern v Mitta Grand Final

Fair point PP, I see big Kirk Wilson has re-signed too and hearing that Doolan has got last years list sticking around. The swans have planned well appointing Doolan for three years and if they are any chance the next couple of years will be their window. I don't expect KSC to drop off at all and the whole comp seems to be picking up good players.

Any other signings out there? Obviously big Stevie Bradshaw has signed at Barny, what about Thurgoona, has Copes picked up anyone? How is Monty travelling in his first month at the Saints? Everyone seems to be pretty quiet really.

I think Kiewa will be strip for a few years to come. Can't see them dropping off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Kiewa will be strip for a few years to come. Can't see them dropping off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I probably meant to say is that I cant see Kiewa or Thurg improving, I think Chiltern ad Wahgunyah will improve out of site. Richo leaving Kiewa is a big loss, he has an incredible football brain and if thurg has really lost donnan and sheather you could bet a few more exits will occur. I predict the top 7 to be tight but then a fair gap to the rest next year. Beechworth and Dederang could go either way, any truth to the Daniel heading to raiders but raiders not wanting Darren?
The rest might receive some good ol fashion floggings. There might be a few full forwards at the end of the year with some big bags

Well it's getting wild on here. Thurgoona cash could have dried up like there finals run? Steve Bradshaw is a very handy ruckman and for someone to come out and say otherwise is just stirring the pot. I have heard rumors that some Dederang locals haven't been happy with the results. Meaning spent big but didn't get rewarded. I can see Daniel going to Raiders but more than likely in a coaching roll. Darren might end up at Wodonga Saints under Monty?
Kiewa might be a different side under new coaches but still have the cattle. Chiltern to move up and surpise a few. Let the silly season begin !!!

All of Thurg's list has re-signed except for Fowler as far as i know.
On Donnas, he got dropped for the prelim final, & he never showed his face again. I guess everyone will make their own decisions on that.
Also have heard they are broke? Anyone confirm this

Any names?

only the melbourne bloke mate, he was told he was third in line after having a meeting with them in mid September, was told that they had 2 better candidates which he understood. But looks as though this isnt the case. Pretty sure the young fella would have accepted in september too

only the melbourne bloke mate, he was told he was third in line after having a meeting with them in mid September, was told that they had 2 better candidates which he understood. But looks as though this isnt the case. Pretty sure the young fella would have accepted in september too

Fair to say Rutherglen have made an absolute debacle trying to appoint a coach. A certain candidate told me they've been very unprofessional in their handling of the situation.

Brenton Newbold believed to be leaving Yackandandah due to falling out with new coach after being told he will be struggling to make seniors with some big recruits signing

Is there any truth that one of the coaches Rutherglen had lined up was an Albury premiership player from 4years ago? And in regard to a previous post about a candidate being told they were basically the 2nd option,who the hell would want to take up the job if you weren't the number one preference, "hey mate joe,Henry and Luke didn't want to coach but hey it's all yours now" yeah right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any truth that one of the coaches Rutherglen had lined up was an Albury premiership player from 4years ago? And in regard to a previous post about a candidate being told they were basically the 2nd option,who the hell would want to take up the job if you weren't the number one preference, "hey mate joe,Henry and Luke didn't want to coach but hey it's all yours now" yeah right

Very ordinary people skills towards prospective candidates. The people in charge of appointing a coach seem out of their depth and have no idea what they are doing. I'm not here to throw names around, nor am I here to run the Rutherglen FC down. I feel sorry for the current players who have absolute amateurs running the club. Mid November and coach less due to putting their eggs in one basket. Never tell a prospective coach whom you knocked back "the guy we wanted has done a backflip do you want the gig now'. Get a coach signed on the dotted line then start your rejection process.

Word travels fast in football circles when a club disrespects potential coaches and ultimately it gives the Rutherglen FC a cloudy name. Sad but true.

Brenton Newbold believed to be leaving Yackandandah due to falling out with new coach after being told he will be struggling to make seniors with some big recruits signing

Hard to believe a new coach would even hint at that, let alone say it. 'If' it's true the coach has rocks in his head.

Good on you Danny and Cam, don't get to caught up in the banter though, remember it is big footy! from an outsider looking at the posts its clear that its not a barny player, I don't think any would read any of this and think their is problems at barny you just have to look past and see that they keep their list together every year and that speaks volumes of barnys culture, good luck for next season. My guess is that it is someone that has missed out on Steve's services and thought they might have one last crack. How are the barny boys travelling anyway? picked up a few?

All this talk about Bradshaw to Barny, the boys up the hill at Mitta say they have signed him up, sounds like he's playing one against the other.

I've heard 3 names thrown around for the Rutherglen job, Matt Boyd, plays at berrigan and from all reports hasn't coached before but is as hard as a cats head. The other 2 I've heard are more local and a little bit left field. Co-coaches in, Jason Sheather and Jamarl Osullivan who was a co-coach at Henty this year, I would be very surprised if Jamarl was going to leave Henty who are looking just as strong as last year and head to Rutherglen. And what are peoples thoughts oh Sheather as a coach, I have spoken to a few Thurgoona players and only had good reports from a couple of them.

I've heard 3 names thrown around for the Rutherglen job, Matt Boyd, plays at berrigan and from all reports hasn't coached before but is as hard as a cats head. The other 2 I've heard are more local and a little bit left field. Co-coaches in, Jason Sheather and Jamarl Osullivan who was a co-coach at Henty this year, I would be very surprised if Jamarl was going to leave Henty who are looking just as strong as last year and head to Rutherglen. And what are peoples thoughts oh Sheather as a coach, I have spoken to a few Thurgoona players and only had good reports from a couple of them.
Would have to think rutherglen are going to start from way back not having a coach at this stage. Gray gone from mitta big loss or not? Any other movement, Chiltern sound like they will be a real threat. What sides are people expecting to improve and which ones will slide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back