Super Rugby 2014 Super Rugby discussion

Will need that sort of comeback. Get through first six mins and build from there.

You will need some luck from now, and you need to do more than kick the ball away, without Godwin your backline looks ordinary.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
You do especially in England and South Africa where scrums and lineouts are closer to the line as altitude plays a role! 2 collapses and then just give a penalty try....although I disagree with the TWO penalties....the 'penalty try' is enough of a punishment, no need for a yellow.

Well there you go, i'm a very very casual Rugby fan, would follow it closely if there was a team in SA (not happening) but I follow the Force and watch them when I can. Yeah bit of a double whammy giving the try and the 'sin bin'.

Well there you go, i'm a very very casual Rugby fan, would follow it closely if there was a team in SA (not happening) but I follow the Force and watch them when I can. Yeah bit of a double whammy giving the try and the 'sin bin'.

I guess it is sort of a bit of discretion but I hate it, just seems over the top to bin someone and give a penalty try. They are very common against good packs, so think the Northern Hemisphere teams (England, Ireland and Scotland)

Not taking the points : crazy brave or just crazy?

You need tries, why bother with the 3! The Force should be gunning for 2 points at least (under 7 and the 4 try bp), Anything else is a bonus!

Still a man down. Get the first points of the half.

Don't mind the positive mindset however.

You actually should do it a man down- what is the best thing a man down...you having the ball! They can't score without the ball!

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
You actually should do it a man down- what is the best thing a man down...you having the ball! They can't score without the ball!

True true. Unfortunately didn't work out. Still plenty of time, but 21 points is a stiff hill to climb. Need someone to get binned.

True true. Unfortunately didn't work out. Still plenty of time, but 21 points is a stiff hill to climb. Need someone to get binned.

Main thing should be not losing by too much, try and get the less than 7 Bonus Point

How many penalties before the Stormers get someone in the bin??

Probably close, but to be fair they haven't been for the same infringement and they haven't been close to the line always.

Finally! Binned.

Somewhat wishing the Force had taken 3 points earlier in the half at various times. Perhaps were too brazen. But here is a great opportunity.

First one that was a professional foul though, you can't bin every penalty!

Of course, but there have been a number of penalties within the 22.

Gah Sias! Cmon!

Again, how many yellows do you want? As it is I think they go overboard with yellow cards! It is TOO big an advantage. I would rather reduce the time to 5 minutes not 10.

Mint Condition

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Again, how many yellows do you want? As it is I think they go overboard with yellow cards! It is TOO big an advantage. I would rather reduce the time to 5 minutes not 10.

I disagree.

I mean the Sharks just beat the Crusaders down a man for more than a half!

Sin bins are a better deterrent than penalty tries or penalty goals.

Good result for the Force and Waratahs!

You did laugh at me when I said the Brumbies would be lucky to make it. Won't win next week, and they play the Tahs away and the Force coming home!

Cheetahs played better deserved the win

I think the Waratahs will top the Aussie conference. Simply because they're picking up a lot more bonus points.

Which is good you want the top side playing attacking rugby

Back