Super Rugby 2014 Super Rugby discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it definitely suits the Force.

I'm starting to think they might miss out though. The Blues have a slight chance of making the finals (if they win all their remaining matches and get at least a couple of bonus points), and they showed this week how dangerous they can be. Likewise the Reds seemed to have turned a corner. Brumbies away will be very tough.

I feel the Force have to win 2 out of 3 and get at least 1 more bonus point to make it. They have a great chance, but I wouldn't be surprised if they only win 1.

Force v Blues will probably be the decider then in next round. Confident the Force can win that and v Reds (H) the next week. Have Brumbies (A) as last-chance game if they lose one at home.

Force v Blues will probably be the decider then in next round. Confident the Force can win that and v Reds (H) the next week. Have Brumbies (A) as last-chance game if they lose one at home.

Must get 9 points out of your next 2 games, your FA is awful so you nee more points than the others to get in. Then keep the last game as close as possible.

Must get 9 points out of your next 2 games, your FA is awful so you nee more points than the others to get in. Then keep the last game as close as possible.

But we have the advantage of having won 8 games. Blues, Hurricanes, Highlanders are behind that, and the Chiefs have 2 draws so have only 6 wins.

If we get 9 points + BP against Brumbies would be a guaranteed Top 6 spot, but could probably do it with 8+1 as well I would think? Given those sides around us are all playing each other in the last few rounds.

But we have the advantage of having won 8 games. Blues, Hurricanes, Highlanders are behind that, and the Chiefs have 2 draws so have only 6 wins.

If we get 9 points + BP against Brumbies would be a guaranteed Top 6 spot, but could probably do it with 8+1 as well I would think? Given those sides around us are all playing each other in the last few rounds.

Maybe. Here are my tips. I'll just list the teams around you. The top 3 are locked.

Brumbies- Tahs (A), BYE, Force= 4 Points, win against the Force. (44 points)
Hurricanes- Crusaders (H), Chiefs (A), BYE= 2 points (38 points)
Highlanders- Chiefs (H), Waratahs (A), Crusaders (A)= 2 points (40 points)
Chiefs- Highlanders (A), Hurricanes (H), Blues (A)= 13 points (48 points)
Bulls- BYE, Stormers (A), Rebels (H)= 9 points (41 points)
Blues- Force (A), Crusaders (A), Chiefs (H)= 0 points (31 points)
Force- Blues (H), Reds (H), Brumbies (A)= 9 points (45 points)

Have you coming 5th.

So basically you have the Chiefs coming 4th, and they will as typical they get all their players back plus Cruden can't play as bad as he did last week again. They will win all 3, probably with bonus points but they will definately win. Force 5th, Brumbies 6th. If the Brumbies get a BP against either the Tahs or you guys that position could change. Can't see the others making it with their draws.

So basically you have the Chiefs coming 4th, and they will as typical they get all their players back plus Cruden can't play as bad as he did last week again. They will win all 3, probably with bonus points but they will definately win. Force 5th, Brumbies 6th. If the Brumbies get a BP against either the Tahs or you guys that position could change. Can't see the others making it with their draws.

Blues in Auckland will be tough for the Chiefs in the last round, chance of a loss there?

Blues in Auckland will be tough for the Chiefs in the last round, chance of a loss there?

Nope, not if Cruden is at 10 with a month and a half under his belt. The Blues are okay but they will struggle to beat the Chiefs who by that stage are at full fitness. Either way 5th or 6th is a fantastic result...although come 6th.....start preparing your pre season, you have to beat the Sharks in SA! Have the Waratahs/Crusaders coming 1st and 2nd.

The Blues haven't lost at Eden Park this season. That includes wins against the likes of the Hurricanes, Crusaders and Waratahs. They lost at home game against the Sharks, but that was played elsewhere.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Blues beat the Chiefs at Eden Park.

NZ could possibly have 4 teams make the finals. If the Reds beat the Force and then the Force beat the Brumbies it'd be on the cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chiefs over the Brumbies. Nothing will convince me that the last up win by the Brumbies was good. The Force had thrown the towel in by then. Chiefs have been better the last month.

Sharks will win, but it won't be as easy as many think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back