Mega Thread 2014 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, October 9 - 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Mostert: Ridiculous drive from a kid.
Van Gisbergen: Would of been BOG if not for Whincup. Ohh and stalling the car.
Whincup: Love him or hate him the drive was unbelievable. Came from the back twice to lost it on the last lap.
Lowndes: You owe Frosty a big *en beer my friend.
Winterbottom: Ouchtown population you bro
A lot of respect gained for Mostert, SVG and Whincup. What a race!

One of the all time classic Bathurst races.
Agreed so many stories, kid wins in second race of the mighty mountain, champ so close but so far, last minute shenanigans wipe out best drivers, turn 2 carnage, record lap times, longest ever race, 10 safety cars and Ford wins back to back in its twilight years. Just WOW!!

That was pretty bloody amazing!

Good on Chaz for winning it. He drove amazing. And Morris... well... couldn't have gone to a less modest guy.

I couldn't imagine Whincup backing down even though it meant finishing 5th. He's an all or nothing, risk taking kind of guy, and that's why he's a champion.

Is this the best bathurst ever?

What was the last bathurst to be that unbelievably exciting?

Underdog Winner
Very young winner
Absolutely crazy racing
The most hectic last 10 laps ever!
Massive stacks
Red Flag
Controversy
Record laps

Having dropped off the V8s many moons ago and only having really watched Bathurst again for the last 2 years, what's all the hate for Morris, I seem to maybe remember something from years ago, but it escapes me at the moment, or is it just for his cumulative body of work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having dropped off the V8s many moons ago and only having really watched Bathurst again for the last 2 years, what's all the hate for Morris, I seem to maybe remember something from years ago, but it escapes me at the moment, or is it just for his cumulative body of work?
Just a few people thinking he is undeserving I think. He did start from last on the grid also. Yeah he put it in the wall but so did quite a few others. A bit of a Bradbury moment in Aussie motorsport and of course the Holden fans hate it
understandably.

One of the biggest ******** wank ers in the history of sport

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20141012_183546__E5R1535.jpg

That is it. He's been terrible for a long time.

If the report points system from the AFL was in V8 Supercars he would have 2 decades worth of races to miss.

That was weird.So those 4 [couldn't get anymore in ?] Supercheap signs weren't really painted on the grass ?
Nope, as well as the other Gold Coast sign next to them. CGI signs all over the track, you can point them out because when the camera moves quickly, the signs can't always kept up they are usually much brighter as sometimes jagged and one moment you see them, next shot you can't.

I hate them, they look cheap as

Might be time for Rusty to really retire.After his first stint he complained about the driving standards of others,then he pulls the biggest bonehead move in the race.
Retire and replace that annoying "Ooh....Aah....WOW" twit Skaife in the box in 2015.

BTW Skaife,you kept banging on in the last 10 laps about the guy who started on the back row was going to win,without mentioning at all that the guy right on his tail started 1 spot further back......and ended up winning :D

As for your "He didn't mean it....he didn't mean it.....he didn't me it" apology for Lowndes,let him come out and apologise himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back