2014 Supercoach/Dreamteam Thread - Opposition supporters questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my captain set for the week, this is how to support a kid :)

10003159_746584768700162_1885055482_n.jpg

In Kayne we trust :p

Hey.

I have been really bullish about lachie hansen all pre season (in particular from a DT perspective). I thought he was incredible for the 2nd half of last season when he switched into the backline.

Now I know a whole lot shouldn't be read into afl team sheets these days, but Lachie being named in the fwd pocket has put a little bit of doubt into my mind.

Is he named there for round 1 because he is needed there (lack of other options, talls, etc)?? Or should i not take any notice of where he is named and assume he continues to play loose in defence?

cheers in advance and good luck for the round 1 and the season!

Hey.

I have been really bullish about lachie hansen all pre season (in particular from a DT perspective). I thought he was incredible for the 2nd half of last season when he switched into the backline.

Now I know a whole lot shouldn't be read into afl team sheets these days, but Lachie being named in the fwd pocket has put a little bit of doubt into my mind.

Is he named there for round 1 because he is needed there (lack of other options, talls, etc)?? Or should i not take any notice of where he is named and assume he continues to play loose in defence?

cheers in advance and good luck for the round 1 and the season!

He'll only be up forward in the absence of Tarrant or Majak, if at all. I'm hopeful he'll still play loose in defence tonight regardless of being named in the forward line.

I feel like I am somehow betraying my team by ditching L.McDonald at the last minute :p

Had planned to bring him in this week but was forced to pass on that option. Worse still Hansen got the chop. And despite my 2276 with Kayno as captain unfortunately he made way as well :)

Had planned to bring him in this week but was forced to pass on that option. Worse still Hansen got the chop. And despite my 2276 with Kayno as captain unfortunately he made way as well :)
Haha yeah i was keen on hansen in the pre-season but without tarrant up front he is too risky. I've ended up starting without any North players this year

edit: ... unless you count D.Swallow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey folks. What are the odds on Currie playing this weekend? Any late mail?
Thanks.

With the Doggies struggling in offense and defense, I can't see you dropping this weekends game.
Good luck.

Will only come in if Goldstein isn't right to play.

Any chance Mcdonald will get the vest this week?

Thought he was gonna get the green vest last week but didn't. We'll know 90 minutes before the game on Sunday.

Any chance Goldstein will be a late out on Sunday for Currie?, want to use Currie onfield so i get Mumfords captain SC score.

Hey guys. Seriously thinking B Martin for MacD.
Think he will be safe from the vest. Any thoughts from you north folks?
Thankyou.

We haven't had any indication from the club whether this will happen, and it's hard to pick a sub considering how bad everyone was last week. LMac wasn't that bad considering his initiation was horrifically hard at stages lining up on multiple AA winners. My gut feel is he wont play sub. He has a very good tank and isn't really the pacy sub type you traditionally bring on. FWIW I have him starting as my d6 this week and reckon he will get around 70ish.

Hi North fans. Just curious about Greenwood's big game on the weekend. I have not seen the game, but was he playing a new role? In defence or in the midfield? Tagging / sweeping off half-back / anything different?
Or was this just a break-out game from him? Is this form likely to continue?

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

Last edited:
North site now doing AFL Fantasy articles I see. They seem a bit more cluey than the older ones - http://www.nmfc.com.au/news-media/afl-fantasy

Wouldn't expect Greenwood to average 140 for the rest of the season if that's what you're asking... he was playing mid. Should be a lock in the side until Andy is back but will have to maintain good form to keep his spot when that happens. Best case scenario is he plays out the year and averages 90-95, worst case is he averages about 85-90 for the next two months then gets dropped for Andy.

Hey guys,

2 Questions I would love some insight for my Draft League.

Andrew Swallow - how's he travelling? What is the suggested return? Would like to pull the trigger on him early and nab him as a free agent as my mids aren't too strong.

Drew Petrie - sitting as a free agent in my 16 team league, I think someone delisted him. Pretty poor start. Can he turn it around? What's his role?

Cheeeers legends!

Hey guys,

2 Questions I would love some insight for my Draft League.

Andrew Swallow - how's he travelling? What is the suggested return? Would like to pull the trigger on him early and nab him as a free agent as my mids aren't too strong.

Drew Petrie - sitting as a free agent in my 16 team league, I think someone delisted him. Pretty poor start. Can he turn it around? What's his role?

Cheeeers legends!

Swallow is a few weeks away yet. He'll get a game or two in the VFL before coming back into the team too.

Pick up Petrie immediately. Don't hesitate, & don't reply to this before picking him up. Just do it.

Hi,
Just curious. Did NDS get tagged by Kane Cornes last week?
His numbers early on are looking quite impressive especially just starting out at a new club.
Priced at 560K in Supercoach, could be a good POD if he can keep his average at this kind of level.
If he was tagged, it makes his numbers look even better.

Thanks in advance!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back