Roast 2014 SuperCoach Regrets/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Normally I'd agree, but with the last 3 weeks since my fateful decision yielding 12, 50 odd and 30 odd sc wise... surely there's a potplant at vic park that's ahead of langdon at present? Fasolo etc?

Hmmm, the pot plant does have fronds in high places so you could be right.

Swan... Persisting with him for so long thinking he will come good. That bloody game vs Essendon was the killer. He looked like the old Swan and sucked me in for longer... Got to the point where it was just too late to get rid of him due to lack of trades :(

Finally he becomes Sammy Mitchell for me this week, but that is far too late!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think you could do next year to fix your problems.
Do you think more POD's are the solution?
An oversight was not picking Gary Ablett. I remember tossing up whether or not to get him to set myself a challenge, thought I picked him in the end but soon realised I hadn't. Got slayed Captain2Captain pretty much all season.
Second year running I've avoided Bomber players in fear of mid-season bans. In retrospect this seems a bit optimistic.
Also I think I went too hard on the trades during the bye rounds. Last year I didn't pay them much mind and copped floggings in all three. This year I went all out and won 2/3 but perhaps at too great a cost.

An oversight was not picking Gary Ablett. I remember tossing up whether or not to get him to set myself a challenge, thought I picked him in the end but soon realised I hadn't. Got slayed Captain2Captain pretty much all season.
Second year running I've avoided Bomber players in fear of mid-season bans. In retrospect this seems a bit optimistic.
Also I think I went too hard on the trades during the bye rounds. Last year I didn't pay them much mind and copped floggings in all three. This year I went all out and won 2/3 but perhaps at too great a cost.
Yeah Gablett cost you! The bye round really are the make or break to a SC's year. Team balance is so important,
over the bye rounds. Hope they piss them off next year, split rounds are the go!

Getting Nic Nat over Minson was a killer. Hopefully Nic Nat can prove me wrong, need WCE to play 2 big men not 3 (currently are playing Nic Nat Lycett and Sinclair).

Hope I didn't come across as a campaigner, just trying to work out SC points/vs/losses and a solution.

Iunno. My side is strongish, no obvious trades to make and on form I should win the next two. Relying on some unlikely results to make the 8.
All cool man, thanks for embellishing me.. The swings between wins and losses are FUR TUP!! Solution could be solid players like Parker Slone, etc. I know overall points add up but is there some smarts in getting in solid players first up
in selections and working your way into the wild SC scorers/swingers later on?

I sound like a broken record, but Nic Nat over Jacobs has killed me.

But by far the most frustrating 50/50 balls up I've made was Roughead over Boomer after having Boom all pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back