Mega Thread 2014 Swans Board DreamTeam/AFL Fantasy/SuperCoach Player Discussion Thread

I figured with Fantasy opened up and Supercoach coming, i'd put a thread up for those interested.

To start, some Swans discussion:

1. McVeigh is a really good deal, as he's been given Def/Mid status. Very handy, and will make a lot of teams.
2. Both Mitchell and Parker have been given Fwd/Mid status. Parker a bit more expensive, but I have a feeling (hope) he's set for a good year, so might be a very good pick.
3. Pyke is No1 ruck, so his scores should improve. He might be a good pick, but both Sandilands and H Macintosh are coming off injury-plagued years and are seriously cheap for good rucks.
4. Three Swans are dirt cheap: LRT, Rohan and Laidler. Cheaper than a lot of the new draftees actually. If all 3 see game time, they will improve in price. LRT has the advantage, as he has been given Def/Fwd status.
5. Jed Lamb's photo on Fantasy still shows him in Red and White. :thumbsdown: He's quite cheap too, and with GWS paying him squillions, you'd think he's going to play. Might be a smokey.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
i actually have Nankervis as ruck bench. i reckon we will see him early and alot of him this year. he is my pick for swans #2 ruck/forward.

anyone interested in starting a bigfooty league? im happy to make a private league and share the code with anyone who wants it.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
ok so invite code is XHHYHK8Y if anyone wants to join in. thats Dream Team or Fantasy, whatever you want to call it. League is for 18 people and basically standard rules. i am happy to make it a bit more interesting if people want, like start the season from round 1 or increase/decrease the number of people in the league ect. or we can stick to the standard rules. i dont do Supercoach so someone else will have to create that one if they want.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
kool well ill start a DT league and anyone interested can join.

That's great, I've made this thread a sticky so it stays on the front page for longer so hopefully more people will see it as the season gets closer.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
For the first time I can remember, Sydney players are actually fantasty relevant. Have 5 in the squad at the moment.

i agree. it seems the evolution of our game plan under horse has had a positive increase to our Fantasy relevance. i currently hava 4 swans on the field and 2 on the bench.

i agree. it seems the evolution of our game plan under horse has had a positive increase to our Fantasy relevance. i currently hava 4 swans on the field and 2 on the bench.
The injuries help too, players like Rhyce Shaw become attractive - if he was at full price he'd be no chance.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd be keen to join the league. I ran the Premier League last year but I don't think we had enough for a second league so no promotion/relegation.

Maybe you guys can round up a few of the posters who played DT/SC last year, there is a thread on the Bob Skilton Bar from last year if you can find it.

Maybe you guys can round up a few of the posters who played DT/SC last year, there is a thread on the Bob Skilton Bar from last year if you can find it.

Yep, I'll have a hunt for it tomorrow.

Just signed up, Butcher Bay FC.

Yep, i think I've got 4 Swans on the field and 3 on the bench, but no doubt that will drop depending on pre-season games and who's likely to line up round 1. I'd like to make room for Jack in the mids, but there are too many underpriced mids available.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
i found this info pretty interesting

"Crameri isn't expected to solely spend time in the forward line with McCartney keen to tap into his aerobic ability.

He described the acquisition as a win-win for both club and player, as the Dogs' young forwards will benefit from his presence and Crameri will get the midfield opportunity he is after."
at $352k Crameri is awkwardly priced, but knowing he is going to spend time in the midfield im sold and confident he can increase his 65 point average.

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Just call it 'BigFooty Swans 1', if there's enough interest you can create a Division 2 league later. It's up to you who you pick for each league, depending on how seriously you want to take the club board competition, for instance you could give first priority to the top scorers from last year (assuming people remember roughly what they scored, that is!)

Just call it 'BigFooty Swans 1', if there's enough interest you can create a Division 2 league later. It's up to you who you pick for each league, depending on how seriously you want to take the club board competition, for instance you could give first priority to the top scorers from last year (assuming people remember roughly what they scored, that is!)

My point was that cadsky had already made a league, which is probably now redundant. When SJ comes around getting interest I'm happy to make a Swans BF League 1 and then gauge interest for a League 2.

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Back