2nds 2014 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewett was by far the standout of the game to me, he was always composed at under 18's level but he seems to have even more time around the ball now, was incredibly impressed.

Agree with what Punts has been saying every week as well, Bigg's is far too good for NEAFL level.

Punts number 51 is that Hiscox? He was really impressive for a young player.

ROK made a few shocking mistakes up forward, had a few nice moments but didn't really take the game into his own hands.
Yer Hiscox , agree Biggs is a gun ( like I been saying )and Hewett for an 18 year old is a gun and will be pushing for seniors after another pre season next year.
Walsh is by far our best KPD in the 2s. Poor old LRT is all but cooked

Yer Hiscox , agree Biggs is a gun ( like I been saying )and Hewett for an 18 year old is a gun and will be pushing for seniors after another pre season next year.
Walsh is by far our best KPD in the 2s. Poor old LRT is all but cooked

Walsh ... In other words the cupboard is bare or does he look ok?

playing really well mate , named in the best again on the weekend with 20 possies 9 rebounds. Miles ahead of LRT and XR

So at this stage prior to list changed our key defender depth chart is roughly

Grundy
Richards they go in whatever order
Rampe- plays tall often
Johnson - but hasnt played for 2 years
Laidler again like rampe probaly would never play as the key defender so maybe him and rampe go
Walsh if we resigned him
Aliir
X richards

Am i forgetting anyone

Impressive turnaround for him can we even afford to keep him on our list tho?
Well with LRT probably pulling the pin and AJ unknown , plus if we don't trade for a mature age KD ( which I think we will and must ) we might have to keep him because XR couldn't handle a big forward yet and Allir is still learning

So at this stage prior to list changed our key defender depth chart is roughly

Grundy
Richards they go in whatever order
Rampe- plays tall often
Johnson - but hasnt played for 2 years
Laidler again like rampe probaly would never play as the key defender so maybe him and rampe go
Walsh if we resigned him
Aliir
X richards

Am i forgetting anyone
Take Laids and Rampe out as no way they could handle opposition number 1 forwards ala cloke , Hawkins etc etc

Well with LRT probably pulling the pin and AJ unknown , plus if we don't trade for a mature age KD ( which I think we will and must ) we might have to keep him because XR couldn't handle a big forward yet and Allir is still learning

Or we put more time into reid as a defender

I dont think we need to overpay for frawley though, plenty of serviceable more affordable options

I wonder how long we can expect ted (especially) and reg go at their current level, they play on blokes bigger than them so often

Take Laids and Rampe out as no way they could handle opposition number 1 forwards ala cloke , Hawkins etc etc

True true, they are more third tall options

Basically ted and red are the key position players, johnson would be third tall if fit, but says it all that we make do rather than use our depth

I dont think we need to overpay for frawley though, plenty of serviceable more affordable options

I wonder how long we can expect ted (especially) and reg go at their current level, they play on blokes bigger than them so often
Reid is the interesting one for me

I reckon Ted has another season in him, Grundy could play for another 3 years.

Only thing is if they risk it and Ted falls of the cliff ala McFharlin we are in trouble. I think if we get a mature age KD ted can play that 3rd player up in his final years ala Glass as he reads the ball so well

Last edited:

He may have longer, but how long can he play his current role, what he does is pretty awesome, by all rights he should have no hope v some monsters

But who knows

Id feel better if i knew johnson would recover

Id like a mature back up, for the price of frawley could get 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may have longer, but how long can he play his current role, what he does is pretty awesome, by all rights he should have no hope v some monsters

But who knows

Id feel better if i knew johnson would recover

Id like a mature back up, for the price of frawley could get 2

Perhaps Grundy playing on Carlisle was a changing of the guard?

Didn't look that out of place (Number 49? Punts ) Was fairly hard at it and could find a little bit of the ball, Not sure if he is AFL quality but I think he still has a few more years before he gets drafted so he should develop rather nicely.

I believe Kelly is eligible to be drafted this year. He showed enough to suggest he "might" be capable of AFL talent wise but he has an uphill battle to make it due to his size. He is tiny.

I believe Kelly is eligible to be drafted this year. He showed enough to suggest he "might" be capable of AFL talent wise but he has an uphill battle to make it due to his size. He is tiny.

That is a little worrying, He didn't look too out of place but I honestly thought he was a year or two younger than he actually is.

Isn't he only 16 and remember dad was small and called Bones by Barry Mitchell

Just did a little bit of research.

His 17 years of age, turns 18 on December 12th, currently 180cm's and 70 Kilos.

Not as small as he appears on the field going by those statistics.

Just did a little bit of research.

His 17 years of age, turns 18 on December 12th, currently 180cm's and 70 Kilos.

Not as small as he appears on the field going by those statistics.

It's probably the weight that makes him look so small. A player comparison would be Lloyd at 180cm and 77kg.

Hewett was by far the standout of the game to me, he was always composed at under 18's level but he seems to have even more time around the ball now, was incredibly impressed.

Agree with what Punts has been saying every week as well, Bigg's is far too good for NEAFL level.

Punts number 51 is that Hiscox? He was really impressive for a young player.

ROK made a few shocking mistakes up forward, had a few nice moments but didn't really take the game into his own hands.

51 was Vahid Roser. Don't know anything about him. He was certainly impressive though. According to the Academy lists he is in the U18/19 Squad. He could be anywhere from 16 (late) to 19 (early). He looked quite composed. They might like to look at him for Rams if they haven't already.

Walsh ... In other words the cupboard is bare or does he look ok?

I have been saying for two bloody years to play Walsh back and they have only just got the messenger. Every time he went back when a forward he was wonderful. I like him back and no the bloody cupboard is not bare, he is a good damn defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back