2nds 2014 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much younger

Reg is 3 years Ted's junior. Ted is 31, Heath 28.

We don't need a mature defender. Especially not Frawley, he's so overrated. Watched him tackle the other day, piss weak. He is definitely not hard enough for our needs.
I think if we develop Walsh to take the monsters and keep working on the two boys we have, Xav & Aliir we will be ok. What we need to do is shore up the future by drafting a couple of young blokes. There are not that many really good experienced key defenders in the comp and if they are good they are taken. Doggies can't find one to save themselves. Let's use our heads not cheque books and plan for the future. We don't have the money for Frawley if we are going to keep all our mid talent on the list and pay them handsomely. With having two massive signings our budget is still going to be tight even after Goodes, ROK, LRT & Shaw retire. Even if we make space by deleting Dick, Lockyer, Marsh & maybe Derrickx they are only going to be replaced by draftees on the same money.

We don't need a mature defender. Especially not Frawley, he's so overrated. Watched him tackle the other day, piss weak. He is definitely not hard enough for our needs.
I think if we develop Walsh to take the monsters and keep working on the two boys we have, Xav & Aliir we will be ok. What we need to do is shore up the future by drafting a couple of young blokes. There are not that many really good experienced key defenders in the comp and if they are good they are taken. Doggies can't find one to save themselves. Let's use our heads not cheque books and plan for the future. We don't have the money for Frawley if we are going to keep all our mid talent on the list and pay them handsomely. With having two massive signings our budget is still going to be tight even after Goodes, ROK, LRT & Shaw retire. Even if we make space by deleting Dick, Lockyer, Marsh & maybe Derrickx they are only going to be replaced by draftees on the same money.
If Walsh goes home , LRT retires we need to get a mature age KD this year as our depth in KD would be XR and Allir and are both are not ready to take on the big forwards of the comp.
To risky in my opinion to rely on Ted to keep taking the KF at 32 , plus AJ is going to take time to get back in the swing of things

Where did i suggest throwing money at a defender

Isnt walsh going home and if not im not pinging my hopes in him

I have been saying for two bloody years to play Walsh back and they have only just got the messenger. Every time he went back when a forward he was wonderful. I like him back and no the bloody cupboard is not bare, he is a good damn defender.

Who has walsh beaten as a defender

To think that we have a fair bit of dead wood right now on the list when Malthouse (dishonestly and mischieviously IMO but still) said that we have the most talented list ever assembled. Walsh, Lockyer, Marsh and Dick have either barely played seniors or not looked likely to play seniors at all so far.

To think that we have a fair bit of dead wood right now on the list when Malthouse (dishonestly and mischieviously IMO but still) said that we have the most talented list ever assembled. Walsh, Lockyer, Marsh and Dick have either barely played seniors or not looked likely to play seniors at all so far.
Compared to other lists that's pretty good, sometimes you find on other clubs list 10 guys who you will never heard of and prob never will.

Compared to other lists that's pretty good, sometimes you find on other clubs list 10 guys who you will never heard of and prob never will.

Indeed, my point is just that for a talented list we still have quite a few spots that are filled with players who aren't providing much realistic senior competition.

Indeed, my point is just that for a talented list we still have quite a few spots that are filled with players who aren't providing much realistic senior competition.
When I did my analysis of our historical depth over the past half a dozen years it showed that the bottom 8 guys on the list are perma-useless and never get used. We're tracking on about the same averages again.

51 was Vahid Roser. Don't know anything about him. He was certainly impressive though. According to the Academy lists he is in the U18/19 Squad. He could be anywhere from 16 (late) to 19 (early). He looked quite composed. They might like to look at him for Rams if they haven't already.

Jeez I would hope the Rams would be looking at him, he had a fantastic game last Friday and seems to be a really good size.

No sign of grimlock but in case there are a few ressies diehards on here, we play the Suns reserves at 10am on Saturday at Blacktown International Sportspark.

Karmichael Hunt still stuck playing the NEAFL, wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to league or even switches to union especially after watching Izzy win a title for the mighty Tahs (had to fit in a NSW reference somewhere)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No sign of grimlock but in case there are a few ressies diehards on here, we play the Suns reserves at 10am on Saturday at Blacktown International Sportspark.

Karmichael Hunt still stuck playing the NEAFL, wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to league or even switches to union especially after watching Izzy win a title for the mighty Tahs (had to fit in a NSW reference somewhere)

Two things

First..... Is that the most ridiculous name for a sports ground....ever? Blacktown International Sportspark - the marketing team have truly over stepped there.

Secondly.... Go you good thing! Massive win for the Tahs on the weekend, long time coming. IMO K Hunt will be playing for the Reds next season

First..... Is that the most ridiculous name for a sports ground....ever? Blacktown International Sportspark - the marketing team have truly over stepped there.

It hosted baseball and softball during the 2000 Olympics (once), hence the international. Technically right :D

B: Towers, Richards, Dick
HB: Lockyer, Walsh, Marsh
C: Hewett, Foote, Mills
HF: Davis, Membrey, Hiscox
F: P.Mitchell, Nankervis, Roberts-Thomson
Foll: Naismith, O'Keefe, Wright

Inter: Jones, T.Mitchell, Jack, Hebron
Emg: Hey

B: Murphy, Schade, Gugliotta
HB: Cameron, Tape, Allen
C: Trask, Taylor, Sumner
HF: Ellis, Warnock, James
F: Mutu, Leslie, Beavan
Foll: Foster, Osborne, Hunt

Inter: Blood, LeJeune, Holland, Malone
Emg: O'Donnell, Skubis, Farley-Smith

Two things

Secondly.... Go you good thing! Massive win for the Tahs on the weekend, long time coming. IMO K Hunt will be playing for the Reds next season
2 off the silliest things I've read on here

Swans 15 GCS 3. Mitchell has had 3 shots on goal for 1 and might be on his way to 40+ if he plays a full game , Nankervis 1 goal and doing most of the rucking. A Davis playing in defence and looks good.
T Walsh holding the back 6 together , Mills playing through the mid and doesn't look out of place. Towers/Membrey have not seen much of it yet

Wouldn't it be a great story if Tommy becomes our next solid defender.
He's not unlike Grundy in that he has struggled as a forward yet seems a more natural player down back.

He is worth persisting with for another year should he be happy to stay.

Fulltime Swans 92 Gws 46 , Hewett 1 goal and Membrey 2 goals played well in the last.
imo the best were Mitchell , 2 goals and got a heap of it ( only played 3 quarters ) , Mills impressive ( played midfield most of the game , taller than I thought ) , Walsh was really good again ( rock solid in defence ).
ROK played well but his kicking let him down at times , 1 goal ( gave a few sprays at team mates also ).
XR looked better this week than previous , took them on and ran from defence
LRT will retire
Nankervis was the best ruck on the ground

Last edited:
Fulltime Swans 92 Gws 46 , Hewett 1 goal and Membrey 2 goals played well in the last.
imo the best were Mitchell , 2 goals and got a heap of it ( only played 3 quarters ) , Mills impressive ( played midfield most of the game , taller than I thought ) , Walsh was really good again ( rock solid in defence ).
ROK played well but his kicking let him down at times , 1 goal ( gave a few sprays at team mates also ).
XR looked better this week than previous , took them on and ran from defence
LRT will retire
Nankervis was the best ruck on the ground

Thanks for updates. What was Davis like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back