List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

With Bell resigning before Robinson, does this mean the alarm BELLS are ringing for Mitch???
Love both's aggression and attack on the ball and man, but with MM love of all things skillful and no turnovers, do we have room in our 22 for these two to exist?
Oh, for a well placed hyphen...

What're the main traits we want from our recruits for 2015 (positions aside) and in order?

Might I suggest something like this:

1. Good-Elite Footskills
2. Speed
3. Line-Breaking ability
4. Appetite to succeed (in footy and in general) - competitors
5. Good tacklers
6. Players with general footy smarts
7. Aerobic Fitness
8. Toughness

There's many attributes recruiters look at, with these just a few... What do we all think are the main things we need?
Hmm. Reckon Luke Hodge might be a hard brick to dislodge from the Hawthorn wall...

MM was pretty effusive with praise for Robinson a couple of weeks ago.

Said Robbo not only has a crack but has also improved significantly this year. MM was much more positive than he needed to be. Certainly took me by surprise. Unless MM had some ulterior motive for the comments, I doubt he'd approving of delisting/trading.
I'm sorry because I know Bell's endeavour has won a lot of hearts on this board but he is nowhere near the footballer Robbo is.

Bell has a long long way to go but they are backing him in and I will back their judgement. Robbo has come a long long way and I hope we stick with him.

Our we could just draft them ourselves! I know we've been terrible failures in the past but the new guy might be ok!

As long as we aren't giving away draft picks that we could have used on better players. Most of our trades have been that way.

Don't trust them to make the right picks, and even if they did our development is so poor they'd probably be delisted by the time they turn 20.

I'd rather spend our potential first 3 picks, (could conceivably be 4, 22, 40) on pinching Sheil and/or Treloar and Jacksh.

They are all around 20 have been developed, even we couldn't stuff the up.

I know those players are a bit of a reach, but it's the sort of thing we should be trying to manipulate this year, as these youngsters from GWS and perhaps Gold Coast have a bit of go home factor and might be wanting a bit more coin.

So no Waite or Garlett again this week

Looks like the writing is on the wall for those two, though I cant say I agree that Garlett should leave the club

We couldve easily lost Yarren had we treated him the same way a few years ago when he was doing the same things as Garlett

Probably not doing his trade value any good either

Feel like this is a major waste of talent either in side or on the trade table, when we need it so desperately
Hate to lose him but feel he is already gone, as is Lucas. Be interesting to see where he is off to. Doubt we will get much back for him.

As the year goes by, the more and more I think Mick is going to take a chainsaw to this list.
Scotland, Duigan & Bootsma are already gone, with I think possibly another 10 changes coming.
You could make a case for all of the following to be delisted, traded or in one person's case retired

Judd - Retire
Waite - Retire/Trade

Garlett - Trade
Lucas - Trade
Watson - Trade
Warnock - Trade

Ellard - Delist
McInnes - Delist

As the year goes by, the more and more I think Mick is going to take a chainsaw to this list.
Scotland, Duigan & Bootsma are already gone, with I think possibly another 10 changes coming.
You could make a case for all of the following to be delisted, traded or in one person's case retired

Judd - Retire
Waite - Retire/Trade

Garlett - Trade
Lucas - Trade
Watson - Trade
Warnock - Trade

Ellard - Delist
McInnes - Delist
Can't see him delisting Ellard. As much as we don't understand how he gets a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got done the week we beat the dogs for assuring their gameday thread that they can "still win this" with 2 minutes remaining. Missed the autopsy thread. :cry:
Take it from experience - don't try make another account, they end up closing that too :p

Fraser Russell is the son of former Geelong player Mark Russell.

Fraser Russell, Geelong Falcons (Vic), 182cm, 75kg, 06/06/92
Speedy, left-footed wingman who played only occasionally in the TAC Cup in 2010 because of private school commitments. Been training at St Kilda, where his speed would appeal.

How quick are we talking? Yarran quick? :D

Fingers crossed he's bulked up a bit since then!

Last edited:
I agree with this.

Retire: Scotland, Duigan, Bootsma, Judd, Carrazzo, Waite (possibly trade)
Trade or keep on a 1 year contract: Warnock, Garlett, Ellard, Lucas
Trade or delist: McLean, Armfield
Delist: Temay

Promote: Cachia & Wood (possibly Johnson - but unlikely)

So thats 3 off the rookie list (2 moving to the senior list) and 12 changes to the senior list.

Can't see Cachia getting promoted if he can't get a game.
I would have thought that he would be highest priority off the rookie list for 2 reasons:
1) was the promoted rookie at the start of the season; and
2) has been on the rookie list longer than anyone else currently on it (2nd year of a possible 3 I believe).

If we wanna maximise our usage of the rookie draft, there will need to be some players promoted.

Wood makes sense for ruck depth if we do get rid of Warnock, whilst Cachia makes sense due to reasons above.

I would have thought that he would be highest priority off the rookie list for 2 reasons:
1) was the promoted rookie at the start of the season; and
2) has been on the rookie list longer than anyone else currently on it (2nd year of a possible 3 I believe).

If we wanna maximise our usage of the rookie draft, there will need to be some players promoted.

Wood makes sense for ruck depth if we do get rid of Warnock, whilst Cachia makes sense due to reasons above.

Let's just wait until after the game before we start thinking about promoting Wood. There maybe a few other options out there!

Cachia could just as easily get delisted. If you can't get a game despite us using 35+ players, it doesn't bode well.

Let's just wait until after the game before we start thinking about promoting Wood. There maybe a few other options out there!
My point is you need to create spots on both the main list and the rookie list. At the moment, keeping Cachia and Wood on the rookie list would mean no promotions, and only 1 spot for the rookie draft (where we almost perform better than the normal draft).

If we plan to keep these guys for depth, we could promote them with short term contracts on the senior list to balance out our rookie and senior spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back