List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree without reservation about the media's view of Cyril. Match winner but also a little flakey and a bit of a sniper too.

Typical in match example: vs the cats

Bruce: the sides seem evenly matched, I wonder if a contribution from the little master will be decisive.

A few moments later, Rioli actually gets to a contest but can't controll it because of pressure from an opponent, slides off his hands ricochets off Guthrie's torso takes fortuitous bounce eluding another Cat and ends with Lewis with half a second of space.

"CLEVER" screams Brucie.

Enough to make you puke.

Well the one that nearly made me puke was when Motlop (v Essendon from memory) brushed aside 2 or 3 tackles, then at full pace went outside of his boot. Think it was Dennis who just goes 'Cyril'.

I mean I guess at the end of the day they will fawn over the top teams and that makes their top talent seem like the best.

Call me crazy but if Walters, Dalhaus or some other decent small forward played for a team that constantly won then there names would be up in lights.

Lastly, we are actually playing you guys this week, so I better pop off your boards before it seems like I actually enjoy conversation with you lot.

Hope we smash ya! and I might come back for a chat when the dust has settled.

Thanks for the chat.

Would really like to see Waitey get to 200 games at Carlton - he's only 22 short. Offer him a one year contract and tell him his fate rests in his own hands.

He can play his 200th game at another club, we have been extremely loyal & fair to him, its time we moved on to some other younger players instead if we are serious about improving our list.

He can play his 200th game at another club, we have been extremely loyal & fair to him, its time we moved on to some other younger players instead if we are serious about improving our list.
The sheik has returned.

Follow the Northern star?

Would you trade him or delist him? If he was traded, what do you realistically think he's worth? Not sure it'd be much, so then why not keep him on the cheap and play him if his form warrants.

He won't be traded. He's an unrestricted free agent.

Keep him. Because the compo will be less than a bag of peanuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you trade him or delist him? If he was traded, what do you realistically think he's worth? Not sure it'd be much, so then why not keep him on the cheap and play him if his form warrants.

He is a free agent at the end of the season so unless a club wants to offer a trade, then he can go where he likes. There is little point in keeping him on the list even if he is 'on the cheap' when we know he is only going to play about 10-12 games of which 2 will be blinders, 6 will be average or below and 4 will be howlers.

Time to look to the future and his place on the list should be given to a young player with a genuine future whilst he could go to somewhere like Fremantle and possibly play in a premiership team, something that is highly unlikely to happen whilst if he was to remain at the Blues.

He is a free agent at the end of the season so unless a club wants to offer a trade, then he can go where he likes. There is little point in keeping him on the list even if he is 'on the cheap' when we know he is only going to play about 10-12 games of which 2 will be blinders, 6 will be average or below and 4 will be howlers.

Time to look to the future and his place on the list should be given to a young player with a genuine future whilst he could go to somewhere like Fremantle and possibly play in a premiership team, something that is highly unlikely to happen whilst if he was to remain at the Blues.
Disagree. We don't have anyone in the twos screaming out to replace him. If we did, it would be a different story. If he wants to be a one club player then offer him a spot and let him prove himself. At worst he would provide solid depth in the reserves.

Disagree. We don't have anyone in the twos screaming out to replace him. If we did, it would be a different story. If he wants to be a one club player then offer him a spot and let him prove himself. At worst he would provide solid depth in the reserves.
Get rid of Waite and we'd be replacing him with a pick in the 80s. No point.

What are we trying to do here, build an AFL ready list or just keep topping up the reserves team ??

And if there isn't anyone screaming out in the twos, then that is the exact reason why we need to work hard to rebuild the overall list.

Time to stop looking in the rear-vision mirror I reckon. Besides, the future does look rather prosperous with Menzel, Henderson, Docherty, Yarran, Cripps etc on the horizon, we need to give them some other players of similar age & ability to fill out the team with.

What are we trying to do here, build an AFL ready list or just keep topping up the reserves team ??

And if there isn't anyone screaming out in the twos, then that is the exact reason why we need to work hard to rebuild the overall list.

Time to stop looking in the rear-vision mirror I reckon. Besides, the future does look rather prosperous with Menzel, Henderson, Docherty, Yarran, Cripps etc on the horizon, we need to give them some other players of similar age & ability to fill out the team with.
Depth is a critical component of successful tilt at a flag - look at Hawthorn's season. All the top tier clubs have reserve level players who can step into the seniors when required.
Also, moving Waite on without having a replacement seems a very risky move. I'm all for replenishing the list but I'm hard pressed thinking of a team that has done it over a two year period and pushed for a flag the next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back