List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he loves Carlton.

But at the same time, unlike Scotto, Waite will have offers to go to other clubs. Why would he stay as a rookie? For Scotto it was rookie or retire.

No contender will give him good money.

They'll lure him with the prospect of success.

Why would the dogs give Waite a decent pay packet ?

He's rising 31, never plays a full season , and they aren't contending in the next 2 years

They are in need of a forward or two and may take a risk on him if there wasn't anyone else floating around. Dockers need another goal-kicker to assist Pavlich in one last tilt at a flag.

If he leaves we could get nothing for him and if he leaves it hurts our depth so I think keeping him on vastly lower pay is a no brainer

Depth is vital esp KPP

Mick is a great man manager. Look at Yarran, Rowe, White, Robinson, Gibbs

He might have actually made the penny drop finally with JW the game against Nth

Maybe

If he has then keeping JW makes sense

Why would we want to hurt our depth further, and make a competitor stronger ?

If he refuses lower pay then maybe you have to cut ties and the benefit is space in the cap saved

I feel Carlton should bare some responsibility on Waite's career, he has been mr fix it his entire career, forward then back then forward the guy had no chance to gain continuity in his game, I just hope we have learnt from our mistakes and don't treat Hendo the same way.

I like the idea of Waite floating around the forward line as a bonus. Not an imperative part of our structure, just a bonus to take pressure of Henderson and Casboult. I'd keep doing what MM is doing. Play him if he's in form, drop him when he is serving up s**t.

If he leaves we could get nothing for him and if he leaves it hurts our depth so I think keeping him on vastly lower pay is a no brainer

Depth is vital esp KPP

Mick is a great man manager. Look at Yarran, Rowe, White, Robinson, Gibbs

He might have actually made the penny drop finally with JW the game against Nth

Maybe

If he has then keeping JW makes sense

Why would we want to hurt our depth further, and make a competitor stronger ?

If he refuses lower pay then maybe you have to cut ties and the benefit is space in the cap saved

Last few weeks on the radio with Barrett & AFL 360 Mark Robinson both believe that Waite is gone, spoken to his management other clubs like Freo, Cats, Dogs showing interest in getting his services... Reason why Robbo & Barrett think his gone because these clubs offering 2 year deals while Blues still undecided whether to sign him on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well length of deal is an issue for sure

It'd be a bit sad to see JW look after himself solely given he's been well paid for hardly getting on the park

If he was a loyal man he'd take a one year deal in reduced pay and acknowledge the club has treated him well for a long time

If it's all about JW though then the club simply have to let him go and cut their losses

But they have been saying it, surely you must of heard them at least once in last few weeks discuss it, I heard Mark Robinson every night say it and Barrett least 3-4 times
We've offered Waite a deal.

Plus I've heard and read Robbo say last week that he reckons Waite will stay.

When did opinion become fact or reality?

He said Waite SHOULD leave.

What I've learnt today - you worship Barrett :p

I don't worship Barrett, fact his on the Footy shows , on radio with Garry & JB plus on top of that he has own segment. Hard to avoid the guy lol u must agree ... On radio few week ago said thought was gone

I don't worship Barrett, fact his on the Footy shows , on radio with Garry & JB plus on top of that he has own segment. Hard to avoid the guy lol u must agree ... On radio few week ago said thought was gone
No doubt he's everywhere.

He's also perennially wrong.

Then answer this , where does he get all his information from? If not reliable then why discuss it on air?

When Barrett reports something it usually is on the money. When he has to make a judgement call on his own, that's when things get a little rubbery.

However, I agree with him in that Waite is past his use-by date with us. Go to WA and play extensive finals footy with Freo, it would be the smart thing to do before he hangs up the boots.

I believe we need to keep waite as long as possible, and play him in the "Richo Role" on the wing.
How do I upload Joni Mitchell singing "...you don't know what you've got till it's gone"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back