List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Good question.

Said it here a few times already but I think we may be forced to push a couple of the boys up...........Why not Sheehan?
Off previous rookies, we've been keen to keep them on the rookie list for as long as possible, or their 2yrs before promotion but like you say there may be room on the senior list that we need to fill this time around.

The Patton and Carlton rumours were not true. We are however interested in Boyd and Patton's injury does make it difficult to pries Tom away.
Too be honest if we could get Jaksch and pick #6 this year, and then Tom next year for our first round pick and a little extra (out of contract and all that) then it would be the absolute dream scenario.

We just need to keep Tom keen to come to Carltn for another year so he does't sign a new contract and nominates us.

I don't think one more game is going to make any difference to what may come about when interviews commence.
Pretty sure we can clear some players off the list even at this early stage.

McInnes, Temay and Cachia are highly unlikely to survive and would be of next to no value for trade purposes.
Lucas, Robinson and Garlett may also be as good as gone and the trade table beckons.

McLean is a tricky one and it wouldn't surprise should no contract be offered.
Reynolds may also be on the cusp of being cut. Would like for us to keep him for another year though.

Others that haven't contracts for now should likely be offered something soon....White, Ellard, Graham and Casboult

Gunna have another crack at my trade/delist:
Retire: Duigan, Scotland
Delist: Bootsma, Temay
Trade or Delist: Lucas (3rd rounder), McLean (whatever we can get)
Trade or Keep: Warnock, Ellard, Robinson, Garlett, Armfield
Re-Rookie: McInnes
Upgrade: Wood, Sheehan

Senior list changes = Minimum 3 Maximum 10
Rookie list changes = 3

Gunna have another crack at my trade/delist:
Retire: Duigan, Scotland
Delist: Bootsma, Temay
Trade or Delist: Lucas (3rd rounder), McLean (whatever we can get)
Trade or Keep: Warnock, Ellard, Robinson, Garlett, Armfield
Re-Rookie: McInnes
Upgrade: Wood, Sheehan

Senior list changes = Minimum 3 Maximum 10
Rookie list changes = 3

Possible 11 senior list changes there with McInnes going off the senior list and on to the rookie list. So 3-11 senior list changes, two upgrades meaning 2-9 senior spots available. 2 rookie spots available.

Possible 11 senior list changes there with McInnes going off the senior list and on to the rookie list. So 3-11 senior list changes, two upgrades meaning 2-9 senior spots available. 2 rookie spots available.
Whoops, I added armfield to that last category when re-reading what I wrote, and forgot to edit the numbers below

not sure McInnes would be rookied.
Yeh, in reality I dont think he will be, but for me its going to be Laidler MkII. Was looking like our best option for 3rd man up before doing his knee, and hasnt gotten back to that form. He's suffered in the lower levels as we are short on good key talls, so he is having to play a different role in this level. Frustrating to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does this Fraser Russell bloke deserve to be listed ahead of McInnes, Temay, etc?

On paper, it seems a strange decision. Hasn't played footy in years, yet we're putting him on the list as a category B rookie. Receiving more leeway than Temay or McInnes.
Because we have 3 Cat B rookie spots, and only 1 currently in use (Byrne).

I dare say that if we could list McInnes as a Cat B rookie....we would.

What I think will happen:

Trade table: Casboult, Garlett, Robinson, Lucas, Warnock and maybe Walker if the price is right.

Gone: Brock, Temay, McInnes, possibly Ellard.

Contracted but on notice: Army, Watson, Bell.

What I want to happen:

Everyone stays and wins the flag next year, then lives happily ever after in the land of unicorns, rainbows and chocolate-growing trees.

Trade table: Casboult, Garlett, Robinson, Lucas, Warnock and maybe Walker if the price is right.

Gone: Brock, Temay, McInnes, possibly Ellard.

Contracted but on notice: Army, Watson, Bell.

What I want to happen:

Everyone stays and wins the flag next year, then lives happily ever after in the land of unicorns, rainbows and chocolate-growing trees.

Not that far-fetched!

Trade table: Casboult, Garlett, Robinson, Lucas, Warnock and maybe Walker if the price is right. (AGREE)

Gone: Brock, Temay, McInnes, possibly Ellard, Cachia & Carrazzo (AGREE)

Contracted but on notice: Army, Watson, Bell (AGREE, could add Tuohy to that list as well)

Free Agency : Waite

What I want to happen:

Why does this Fraser Russell bloke deserve to be listed ahead of McInnes, Temay, etc?

On paper, it seems a strange decision. Hasn't played footy in years, yet we're putting him on the list as a category B rookie. Receiving more leeway than Temay or McInnes.
A free hit, that serves a specific purpose.

Why is Cachia on the block?
He was really showing quality form in the VFL prior to his injury.
Also his AFL form is not any worse than Touhy, Armfield, McLean or Watson, Lucas etc.

My thoughts exactly playing well in the vfl prior to injury, and the games he has played in the 1s hasnt looked out of depth at all! I say keep!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, if he couldn't get a game for a bottom 6 team for 3/4 qtrs of the season, he's probably not that good.

I realise some of the following players still have a year left on their contract, but I'm still get rid of them even if you can't trade them.

Delist/Trade - Lucas, Watson, Warnock, Robinson, Mclean, Temay, McInnes, Armfield, Garlett, White, Ellard, Cachia

I just don't rate any of the above players, however I realise they all won't go.

Then there is

Retired - Scotland, Duigan

As for Waite, if he wants more then 1 year then let him go.

Carrazzo is pretty much done, but they won't get rid of him.

I'd be open to other players being up for trade, depending on what we could get. Carlton need to make
some tough calls this year, time to get rid of the deadwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back