List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones can't mark, ruck or kick. Levi a big step ahead of him already.

Cas is a better mark than Jones, but he can clunk a mark nonetheless.
Just get the impression that the Doggies are desperate and if $500k is right then they are crazy!

Temay - showed some promise early on, but for whatever reason went backwards quick smart and is well and truly a forgotten recruit now! Highly unlikely he'll get a gig elsewhere in the AFL.

Wonder if the club would consider delisting him and then re-rookie-ing him. He has shown something in his two years at the club at VFL level.

Wonder if the club would consider delisting him and then re-rookie-ing him. He has shown something in his two years at the club at VFL level.

They may but I can't see why on the strength of what he's shown to date.

We had rookies in Johnson, Wood, Cachia and Sheehan getting games ahead of him and Byrne would have been next in line to have got a call-up this year.

Rookies can be valuable.

Cas is a better mark than Jones, but he can clunk a mark nonetheless.
Just get the impression that the Doggies are desperate and if $500k is right then they are crazy!
Having watched a fair bit of the Dogs over the past two years, Jones defintely has the *potential* to take a mark. Its just the poor guy has scarily fragile self-confidence. To make matters worse his own supporters have no confidence in him. Think Hampson but with marginally less Bronx cheering.

They may but I can't see why on the strength of what he's shown to date.

We had rookies in Johnson, Wood, Cachia and Sheehan getting games ahead of him and Byrne would have been next in line to have got a call-up this year.

Rookies can be valuable.

Rookies can be valuable, but from what I have seen Temay has shown something at VFL level over the last 2 years. I appreciate you've seen more VFL footy than I have this year Harks, but I think Temay could be handy with another preseason under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i just dont understand why we would let BOTH waite and casboult move on..
one or the other yes, but both just doesnt make sense!?
We don't want Waite to leave but we have no choice. If we lose Levi, I'd be tempted to just give Waite the 2 years he wants.

Malthouse will use Kreuzer as a forward more than a ruck.
i just dont understand why we would let BOTH waite and casboult move on..
one or the other yes, but both just doesnt make sense!?

Waite is maximising his pay day ...
Casboult @ 500K is getting a lottery win.

Rookies can be valuable, but from what I have seen Temay has shown something at VFL level over the last 2 years. I appreciate you've seen more VFL footy than I have this year Harks, but I think Temay could be handy with another preseason under his belt.

Hard to get a handle on Tom.
Looks every bit a footballer but just doesn't put it down where it counts.

Will be interesting what the CFC do with him.

Although I think Caz has loads of potential he is not worth $500k at this stage in his football life. I would love for him and Waite to stay but even I can see that when they are both in the team, one goes missing a bit like last year when Jeffrey was playing along side Eddie. I don't know which one I prefer to stay. My main worry is Jeffrey.

I hope we don't give Waite or Cas what they are asking. If they are getting ridiculous offers elsewhere, let them go! Good clubs make hard decisions and if it means losing these guys due to their greed then I say good riddance! They both claim to love the club, well if they love the club they wouldn't be holding the club to ransom like this. I agree that they are trying to set up their future, but at the same time they have to be reasonable. 500k for Cas? LOL!

1 Andrew Walker
2 Troy Menzel
3 Marc Murphy
4 Bryce Gibbs
5 Chris Judd
6 Kade Simpson
7 Dylan Buckley
8 Matthew Kreuzer
9 Kane Lucas
10 Matthew Watson
11 Robert Warnock
12 Mitch Robinson *
13 Chris Yarran
14 Brock McLean
15 Sam Docherty
16 Patrick Cripps
17 Sam Rowe
18 Tom Temay ?
19 Cameron Giles ?
20 Nick Holman ?

21 Josh Bootsma
23 Lachie Henderson
26 Andrew McInnes
27 Dennis Armfield
28 Tom Bell
29 Heath Scotland (R)
30 Jarrad Waite ?
32 Nick Graham
33 Andrejs Everitt
34 Nick Duigan (R)
35 Ed Curnow
38 Jeff Garlett *
39 Dale Thomas
40 Michael Jamison
41 Levi Casboult ?
42 Zach Tuohy
43 Simon White
44 Andrew Carrazzo
46 David Ellard

Bold= Delist/Trade/Retire

Now that our season is over, I thought I would post my opinion on the delists/trades that could occur.

Hoping Gartlett and Robbo will stay, although they probably don't have a hope in hell... My Dad was saying that this could be the making of Robbo, he referred to Stevie J and the trouble Geelong had with him.

Also, What are everyone's thoughts on Temay, Giles and Holman? I didn't really get a good look at Holman when he debuted and haven't looked much into Temay and Giles (although he has been injured).

Not sure about Waite, I think it wouldn't be such an enormous loss as he was never the future of our club... Speaking of which, I'm keeping my fingers, toes crossed that Levi signs a contract soon!

I concur with the situation with Waite. I'm happy to try keep him, but we've got to start making hard decisions. Bottom Line is we have a forward line with potential talls casboult, kreuzer, Watson, hendo then Waite/white etc.

What I think we need to do is try get Boyd next year, make him want to play for us to get a better deal. We need to take the Geelong approach re: pods last year and open up the spot for these guys to play for.

I'd like to see if we can talk w/ st Kilda or Melbourne and try and net another pick, or trade up. Petracca is the kind of player we need to get into our system. Murphy is 27 and Gibbs 25 kreuzer 25 plus Thomas is 26/7. any premiership is basically got to happen in the next 4/5 years IMO

Casboult $500k? Jeepers!

Either he played disinterestedly for much of this year or he's not that good. His last 7 games have netted him a grand total of 2 goals. Good work Levi.

Had a purple patch with 4 against the Hawks and 4 against a terrible St Kilda, but outside those games that he kicked 7 goals from 17 games.

That's worth $500k?

We don't want Waite to leave but we have no choice. If we lose Levi, I'd be tempted to just give Waite the 2 years he wants.
No have to disagree. If we can get Dogs second rounder for Casboult it is a valuable bargaining chip in a decent trade scenario.

Waite will go to Norf and do a Dan Bradshaw, you watch. He is not exactly durable and he is getting old.

We have Hendo, Watson and MK in our forward 50, with Walker if we want another target.

The backline is as is.

Add another young KPP through trade or draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back