List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

its funny the club spoke to Sewell yet they had a player who was much younger then Sewell had his best year for the club but they let him go... makes total sense.
Yes but Scoobs if we paid Greenwood "the big bucks" we would have put the pay structures out of whack so that's why we only offered him One Million over 3. Meantime Higgins is offered $400,000 per season for possibly the next 4 seasons. That didn't put the pay structures out of whack. :stern look

Yes but Scoobs if we paid Greenwood "the big bucks" we would have put the pay structures out of whack so that's why we only offered him One Million over 3. Meantime Higgins is offered $400,000 per season for possibly the next 4 seasons. That didn't put the pay structures out of whack. :stern look

"Signing Higgins Forced Greenwood Out" TM

The higgins deal had nothing to do with the Levi signing - levi was staying as of Friday 4th Oct at the BnF it wasnt until Collingwood put a ridiculous offer in front of him that he seriously considered leaving. Realistically - he has had one good year, so we didnt budget for such a spike in his contract. Its that simple. Didnt help that FIGJAM was in Bali either in his ear feeding him crap. Im sure when we are dominating in the next 5-7 years he will have his regrets..sometimes you have to sacrifice to be successful, whether that be money or your natural playing postion etc.. - levi didnt do that so off he goes.

Geelong's Mitch Brown delisted.

Is the prophecy of a delisted free agent from a faraway land where the ages of 3 generations can sum below 30 about to materialise?

I've been banging this drum for a month now and it's all playing like I said.

Nothing to do with Higgins mate. This is a knock on Walsh and Co.

I think that the issue predates Walsh's return.

Early in the year I voiced concerns that Levi would seek trade (as he did last year) because he'd spent so long in the twos.

Perhaps we wanted a return on the cash we'd spent on him to run around at VFL level, perhaps we didn't think he'd come on the way he did, perhaps next year his form will turn to s**t.

We erred in not getting the deal done early enough, but then again perhaps Levi wanted overs the whole time?

There are loads of unanswerable questions around this.

He's no longer a North person so now we will need a player to stand up now because we lost a contested mid who could win his own ball and run hard all day.

I'm not sure where that will come from, Is that player Trent Dumont? and if it is how much pressure do we want to put on a kid who has yet to play a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you're Matt Damon :thumbsu:
puppets-teamamerica-590x350.jpg

Geelong's Mitch Brown delisted.

Is the prophecy of a delisted free agent from a faraway land where the ages of 3 generations can sum below 30 about to materialise?

No matter how many times I read it, I just don't get it.

No matter how many times I read it, I just don't get it.

It's brooding and mysterious.

Alternatively it may have been insinuating that there may be a town somewhere where you could find a grandmother, mother, daughter, add up their ages and find the total was less than 3 decades.

And that this town may have been home to a player prophesized by Flawed Genius to be on our radar once the burdens of a contract were unshackled from his mighty form.

Alternatively it may have been insinuating that there may be a town somewhere where you could find a grandmother, mother, daughter, add up their ages and find the total was less than 3 decades.

And that this town may have been home to a player prophesized by Flawed Genius to be on our radar once the burdens of a contract were unshackled from his mighty form.

If it is about Mitch Brown that you speak, it is not me, but a dirty spell-caster who you seek.

xt0XtnG.gif

If it is about Mitch Brown that you speak, it is not me, but a dirty spell-caster who you seek.

Hey, I may be a lot of things. I may be surly, I may be arrogant, I may be dirty and I may be misguided but NOBODY accuses me of being an antelope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back