List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Pages 1 & 2...

Surely those suggesting we pick up Higgins are taking the piss
Geary and Higgins? ...
Don't see the point.
Improving the team without giving up a pick/player would be point #1.
Of course, but are either better options than Bastinac/Greenwood/Gibson? And surely we would need to pay decent coin for what would in essence be a role player.

Daz with the scoop. BT all to blame for Higgins for Greenwood('s cash).

Sorry to take this thread off-topic from what is obviously a penis thread....

What does everyone think of Newton?

I think his theories are sound. And grounded.

Bert is alright but Matthew is a dickhead.

If we were going to take a punt on a DFA, I'd rather we try someone like Blease, Burbury or Hardingham, than Newton. We've already got plenty in Newton's mould but IMO the punt taken on one of those three could be worth it given we lack a wealth of players in their area.
Hardingham could be ok... but is he an ASADA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can golf still, but would be an awful handball :stern look at myself

Getting a DFA would mean Nahas gets the flick or we give up on pick 36, which won't happen. I would prefer to hold onto Nahas who can play an important role as a depth player. Perhaps Blease would add something, but would prefer the club to just focus on the draft and bring in 3 talented kids.

Getting a DFA would mean Nahas gets the flick or we give up on pick 36, which won't happen. I would prefer to hold onto Nahas who can play an important role as a depth player. Perhaps Blease would add something, but would prefer the club to just focus on the draft and bring in 3 talented kids.

I agree Blease would be the one i'd go for. I'd prefer to bring in 3 kids also for the future.

Most likely already knows where he is going, you wouldn't turn down an offer from Port just to see if you might be able to be picked up somewhere else.

Who are North delisting?

I have noticed that they haven't delisted anyone yet.

Who do you think you will delist?

In other, better news:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...sh-from-richmond/story-e6frf3e3-1227105135058

DUMPED Carlton wrecking ball Mitch Robinson seems certain to play for Brisbane next year despite a late push from Richmond.

The Tigers met with Robinson on Tuesday where they presented a one-year deal. The Lions have presented a two-year contract.

Robinson’s manager Tim Hazell refused to confirm his client was moving north, only saying Robinson was weighing up the two deals.

“Both meetings were successful and we’ve just got to weigh up what’s best for Robbo and his family and lifestyle opportunities,” Hazell said.

“Richmond were extremely professional. They put an offer to Robbo and so has Brisbane and we’ve just got to decide which suits him best.”

But the Herald Sun understands Robinson will sign on the dotted at the Lions when the delisted free agency opens on Saturday.

The tough utility wants a fresh start and feels getting out of Melbourne is the right option. His relationship with new chief executive Greg Swann, the anonymity of Brisbane and the emergence of the Lions as a side on the rise were also significant factors.

The Lions midfield now looms as a major weapon next season, with Robinson’s rugged approach set to complement the playmaking skill of fellow arrivals Dayne Beams and Allen Christensen. Key pair Daniel Rich and Matthew Leuenberger will also return from injury.

Richmond has been keen to bolster its midfield stocks and also made a play for Melbourne’s Jack Trengove and St Kilda’s David Armitage during the trade period.

Robinson, 25, was cut by the Blues last month after the club failed to find a suitor at the trade table. He had worn out the patience of Carlton chiefs after lying about his involvement in a 5am city brawl.

Other delisted free agents looking for a second chance from Saturday include Taylor Hunt (Geelong), Jared Petrenko (Adelaide), Sam Blease (Melbourne) and Shaun McKernan (Adelaide).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back