List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geez I'd take Sauce Merrett on the cheap after falling out in Brissy after tonight. Luke Delaney wouldv'e been handy too.
No to Delaney. He was rubbish in the Saints games I watched. The top 5 B&F finish is a reflection of their season, not Luke's talent. Still panics and makes horrific clangers when he gets it.

Last edited:
we couldn't hit a handball tonight and you simply can't win a premiership outside the top 4.

Sydney were far better than us, they spread better and ran harder. Cop it, and improve for next year.

Aaron Black had better perform or he'll be dropped. I don't care how much ''potential'' he has or what ''role'' he is playing, he was pathetic.

We need pace. Sam Blease from Melbourne might be worth a look on the very cheap and is still young. Definitely don't think Higgins will add any benefit to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we need pace, to the contrary I think we have the balance between inside and outside pretty decent.

We have excellent midfield depth now, both types. We have an A grade ruckman.

Before Ben Brown came along I thought the key position forward cupboard was bare. Whilst Brown has impressed, we need to get more key position forward talent in now. Drew has a season left, I'm pessimistic about Tarrant, Black has stagnated, Majak is far from a finish product, Curran is precarious at best and Wood is hardly a giant.

We do need to get a big, solid key back as talked about already, but I think our deficiencies in that area was exaggerated without Lachie being able to drop into that hole and take grabs in the last two games.

I think our list is balanced reasonably, and we have plenty of upside still left in us.

We need X factor that in finals cwn conjure a goal from no where- like a wingard or stevie j.

Have to take a risk at the draft.

Need to clear out the deadwood- the senior players that need to go are mcmhon, Anthony, adams, grima, tarrant, hine.
Younguns that havent come on who should go- warren, mcgeniness, harper, Mckenzie, wilkins, curran

Promote turner and tippett

We should target KPF, KPD, skilled mid and lock down backman as our main targets this off season

We need X factor that in finals cwn conjure a goal from no where- like a wingard or stevie j.

Have to take a risk at the draft.

Need to clear out the deadwood- the senior players that need to go are mcmhon, Anthony, adams, grima, tarrant, hine.
Younguns that havent come on who should go- warren, mcgeniness, harper, Mckenzie, wilkins, curran

Promote turner and tippett

We should target KPF, KPD, skilled mid and lock down backman as our main targets this off season
Grima? You flog.

From Scott's comments, their are definitely plans in place for free agency/trades in the background. This is pleasing and lets hope apart from Waite there may be some nugget we haven't thought of that will do the trick.

I don't think we need pace, to the contrary I think we have the balance between inside and outside pretty decent.

We have excellent midfield depth now, both types. We have an A grade ruckman.

Before Ben Brown came along I thought the key position forward cupboard was bare. Whilst Brown has impressed, we need to get more key position forward talent in now. Drew has a season left, I'm pessimistic about Tarrant, Black has stagnated, Majak is far from a finish product, Curran is precarious at best and Wood is hardly a giant.

We do need to get a big, solid key back as talked about already, but I think our deficiencies in that area was exaggerated without Lachie being able to drop into that hole and take grabs in the last two games.

I think our list is balanced reasonably, and we have plenty of upside still left in us.
Jaksch from GWS.

We should be raiding GWSs second tier of talent. They have ridiculous kpf talent that aren't getting a game because of top draw guys like Boyd Cameron etc etc.
Smart recruitment is in these guys that want to pay senior footy at GWS but aren't.

Would like to see some skilled up outside mids drafted

We need pace. Sam Blease from Melbourne might be worth a look on the very cheap and is still young. Definitely don't think Higgins will add any benefit to us.

Blease looks good on a highlight reel but that's about it, I've defended him in the past but reality is he's just not a smart footballer.

Run fast and kick long is his only trick and him kicking long doesn't necessarily mean straight, you don't want Blease but you could get him for absolutely bugger all.

Curious as to why North haven't spoken to Frawley? although it's pretty pointless now with Freo offering 7 years but he would have been a terrific fit in your backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back