List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going from last night, the player I'd like most is Stephen Hill.
A linebreaker and full back should be high on our priority list. We would be hoping atley continues to improve and takes up the hill role however. A fit Jmac in the side for a whole year would also help a lot for atley's development. Wouldnt be against getting hill to the club though. But a full back should be more at focus.

Injury prone most of his time with us- takes to long to find form, skill errors

Swear everyone here wants to get every free agent or trade option but nver wants to give anyone up or delist anyone.

We need to be tough up the
under performing and injury prone

Grima looks like a top guy but we need to find the best fit for our team
Meh. No way. Grima is a gun.

Problem is without a big full back he gets the wrong matchup. If we had a gorilla last night then Grima goes to Reid which is the perfect matchup for him. Without it he needs to go to Tippet (or Hawkins the week before). Fix the FB position and Grima become irreplaceable.

So let me get this straight. People think that we can give up little and get a top 5 player in the game who's only 24? Honestly think about it, it would take giving up the like of Cunners and another top player to even get close to Danger, and that might not even do it, im not advocating this trade just stating what it would take. It just wouldn't happen with what we've got and what we would be willing to trade.

The other brilliant idea I've seen in seen in the recent portion of this thread is that next year a 26 year old who's perenially injured and has played forward fo just about every one of his 80-odd games is now going to be our saviour down back and be able to match up on Tom Hawkins and Buddy next year. Becasue you knw, that's likely. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me get this straight. People think that we can give up little and get a top 5 player in the game who's only 24? Honestly think about it, it would take giving up the like of Cunners and another top player to even get close to Danger, and that might not even do it, im not advocating this trade just stating what it would take. It just wouldn't happen with what we've got and what we would be willing to trade.

The other brilliant idea I've seen in seen in the recent portion of this thread is that next year a 26 year old who's perenially injured and has played forward fo just about every one of his 80-odd games is now going to be our saviour down back and be able to match up on Tom Hawkins and Buddy next year. Becasue you knw, that's likely. :rolleyes:

Where has anyone stated Tarrant is the saviour? Don't make stuff up.

All that's been said is he is an option to move down back if he gets his body right.

All that's been said is he is an option to move down back if he gets his body right.

Peeps around here like putting two and two together and coming up with six.

I think we all hope Tarrant gets fit and as it stands his value would be at an all time low, so see no need to trade him out for stuff all.

Our window is the next couple of years. We need to be drafting, trading, using free agency accordingly. Its all or nothing now for NMFC.

Blokes like Higgins, Blease etc wont cut the mustard. We need a trade/signing that makes us instantly better with a couple of free agents that tie up loose ends we have.

Trade- Sloane? Jet. Defensively fantastic, great over head. Beams? Damaging up forward, good mix of inside/outside. Danger? Probably dont have enough arsenal(Something about squeaky wheel and oil for all of them) Tom Mitchell maybe?
Free agents- Merrett(is he a FA?) & Waite

Trade Bastinac, Tazza, Adams, Harper and MacKenzie. All surplus to needs except maybe Harper but cant get healthy or near it. People wanting Tazza down back lol The bloke cant even get on the paddock. If the Dogs offer a bag of onions and 3 coconuts for him, we take it at this point.

Wells to play HBF. Him and Atley to run and carry with damaging disposal.

Delaney and Garner to get their bodies right. FFS. Both could be huge for us.

Natural improvement should see us get better, and id be inclined to forget our 1st/2nd round picks and get developed players we need now via trades.

My 0.02

People have suggested that we send Tarrant down back if he gets fit in lieu of getting a proper defender, indicating that yes he could be a saviour against many of the monster forwards that have smashed us this year. You really think a bloke that's 26, who is always injured, that's played 39 senior games mostly as a forward is an option to go down back and play on the likes of Hawkins and Cloke, players that have monstered our All-Australian FB this year?

People have suggested that we send Tarrant down back if he gets fit in lieu of getting a proper defender, indicating that yes he could be a saviour against many of the monster forwards that have smashed us this year. You really think a bloke that's 26, who is always injured, that's played 39 senior games mostly as a forward is an option to go down back and play on the likes of Hawkins and Cloke, players that have monstered our All-Australian FB this year?
Its laughable at best

Well I'd still love to know scotts reasoning for throwing him in back so soon. Not a cheap shot, but he obviously knows something about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back