Not open for further replies.
This guy,

12MembreyPS1_240a.jpg

this guy

Jono+O+Rourke+CJuAhu1WBXrm.jpg

and this guy please

Daniel+Gorringe+AFL+Rd+19+West+Coast+v+Gold+LbflwdrOjpTl.jpg
Yea would be happy to target all the above especially Jono O'Rourke

You should see their board about Blair getting a game every week. Jumped up in 2010 and was a real handful, but this year has dropped away badly. No no no. Sack has been fantastic, and a real favourite of mine, but I wouldn't be betting on him maintaining form over another three years.

Afl.com.au says we are one of four club interested in Higgins. Which, if true, puts his price up and might make him a less attractive target. One of those who, with his injury history, would be well worth a look - at the right price only.
I was at the Pies/Crows game on the weekend and he was invisible.

I am astounded that he is in that side.

Membrey, O'Rourke and Gorringe
The last two, yep, but Membrey nope. A 3rd tall forward (and a short one at that) with no midfield capability is not a need with Black and Wood on the books.

According to AFL.com we're one of 4 clubs going for Higgins, the others being Carlton, Richmond and GWS.

He's been my preferred option of the FA's all year so I'd love to see him in North colours.

According to AFL.com we're one of 4 clubs going for Higgins, the others being Carlton, Richmond and GWS.

He's been my preferred option of the FA's all year so I'd love to see him in North colours.
I say go after him. His best is very good. Just needs to stay injury free

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half fwd with stints in the midfield. Wouldn't have a problem with him playing in defence though.

Happy for him to play patchs role. Has significantly higher upside compared to Adams, can also be more damaging with ball in hand.

I wouldn't want to see him near defence. His body work in one on ones is average at best.

Playing like junk, I don't think he'll be in pies colours next year. His best is very good however.
Perhaps a new environment and new motivation could chance that. I think he's an upgrade on Nahas. I like Nahas and have loved his season but I think Blair offers more when up and running

Half fwd with stints in the midfield. Wouldn't have a problem with him playing in defence though.

Would be a very useful HF in our side. Brings a bit of class and creativity. Like a poor man's Shannon Grant and would play the same role.

Covers the vacancy made by Harper's body not getting going. That said Higgins' body isn't exactly built from titanium either.

Would not getting into a bidding war for him though and slightly surprised at Richmond and Carlton targeting him. Doggies could do well to exploit a good trade for him if on good terms or even sniff out (no pun) what sort of compo pick they'd get. They're well served for his type and could bundle what they get with their 1st pick and get a quality tall.

Perhaps a new environment and new motivation could chance that. I think he's an upgrade on Nahas. I like Nahas and have loved his season but I think Blair offers more when up and running

Blair has his moments but I think his best output has to be considered in terms of being in a top 2 side at the time. There's no way I'd get into paying big for him.

Would rather retain Nahas on a 1 year deal and pick up a proper quality long term kid with pace and goal smarts. Like, say, Jay Kennedy-Harris.......

Would be a very useful HF in our side. Brings a bit of class and creativity. Like a poor man's Shannon Grant and would play the same role.

Cant agree on this one KC.

WB have probably the worst fwd line in the league, and yet they still can't find a place for him in their best team.

Surely that must be a concern? A look at the thread on their board also confirms the weaknesses I thought he had (slow, soft in particular) - they also don't seem too fussed if he left.

If he can't get a game for them I don't see how he would get a game for us if we are to become a top team (unlikely, but we can cross fingers I guess). If he could maintain his best form he might be a decent pick up, but that's a big 'if'.

Cant agree on this one KC.

WB have probably the worst fwd line in the league, and yet they still can't find a place for him in their best team.

Surely that must be a concern? A look at the thread on their board also confirms the weaknesses I thought he had (slow, soft in particular) - they also don't seem too fussed if he left.

If he can't get a game for them I don't see how he would get a game for us if we are to become a top team (unlikely, but we can cross fingers I guess). If he could maintain his best form he might be a decent pick up, but that's a big 'if'.

Must admit I haven't watched much of him in recent years - possibly because he can't crack a game as you mention or has been injured.

I'm basing it on what I saw of him at his best. Pretty footy smart and knows where the goals are. I think he could play (as in past tense) but maybe that's changed. Dunno though. David Hale was always injured, out of the senior side and looked a shell of a player in his last year with us. Heads to the hawks and shows the talent never left him. Maybe Shaun could do the same.

Must admit I haven't watched much of him in recent years - possibly because he can't crack a game as you mention or has been injured.

I'm basing it on what I saw of him at his best. Pretty footy smart and knows where the goals are. I think he could play (as in past tense) but maybe that's changed. Dunno though. David Hale was always injured, out of the senior side and looked a shell of a player in his last year with us. Heads to the hawks and shows the talent never left him. Maybe Shaun could do the same.
Some injury prone players turn it around and finish off with good careers. Got Robbie Gray in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back