Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NORTH! 2016,2017,2018.
upload_2014-4-9_21-22-53.png

Ok guys, unless it's discussion about the charms of the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne by people like Twinkletoes, Dan or myself can you please keep it on topic.

Yep KC, we're from Silverspoon also eh?

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We had Murphy and Gibbs!?

Wow. I do apologise. I seem to recall a picture of him (evidently another recruit) laying on his bed with his room covered in Richmond paraphernalia - might've been his junior/SANFL club?

Yep would have been glenelg. His old man played 200+ games out of a back pocket.

His other junior club the plympton bulldogs wore the vertical red and black stripes.

He was an avid north fan, I remember playing in a sapsasa side with him down in mount gambier and we were all coming back on the bus home, but Bryce and his old boy drove to melbourne to watch us play the dogs on a Friday night in 2001

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Yep would have been glenelg. His old man played 200+ games out of a back pocket.

His other junior club the plympton bulldogs wore the vertical red and black stripes.

He was an avid north fan, I remember playing in a sapsasa side with him down in mount gambier and we were all coming back on the bus home, but Bryce and his old boy drove to melbourne to watch us play the dogs on a Friday night in 2001

Surely he still dreams of playing for a likeable club and would like to do it as a free agent on a lower than market wage?

He can have Speight's #46.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Yep and if Bryce Gibbs decides to leave Carlton but not go home surely we would be the option since he was a massive north supporter.
He is the free agent I want

Although caddy supported us also but that didn't work out in our favour

No offence mate but I picture you with an IV drop plugged into your browser device and groaning from each hit as you speculate about trade options.

"Tomlinson.. ahhh... O'Rourke... ahhh **** ..... Gibbs......... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnnn"

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
It's hard to evaluate free agent/trade targets atm because I would take a different approach if we finish top 4 compared to if we miss the 8. If we finish top 4 this year I would consider a Gibbs, Kelly and Frawley if it would push us over the top. However if we miss the 8 youth with potential should be our concern such as Tomlinson and other GWS/GC outcasts.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty sure he was at North MinistryOfMajak .......Dennis Pagan gave him the flick didn't he? One of our more accurate posters will be able to confirm, or not.
He was drafted in 2002 to Carlton as an 18 year old, so no, I don't think that is the case.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Which Eastern Suburbs? I'm originally from the Gully.

Nice part of the world up there mate.

Speaking for Dan which I always do, we both from the D of the Vale.

'Toes is from Camberwell. Fun fact: Until he was 25 TT thought Hawthorn and Kooyong were the western suburbs.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nice part of the world up there mate.

Speaking for Dan which I always do, we both from the D of the Vale.

'Toes is from Camberwell. Fun fact: Until he was 25 TT thought Hawthorn and Kooyong were the western suburbs.
Explains a fair bit.

Explains a fair bit.

Well, actually grew up in Templestowe but went to school in Camberwell, and I'm in the Camberwell area now (since '97).

When the Monash Freeway was extended past Toorak Rd I was convinced it was a dividing "no man's land" to keep us safe from the Huns to the West!

Aug 13, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NORTH! 2016,2017,2018.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back