List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others. Thought WTF about Waite. But I have heard from a good sauce that the case against Majak does not look good for him. Not that necessarily means anything in the lottery of our legal system. But given other posts on Curran/Tarrant's future our 2015 list changes may include

Curran (Retired), Tarrant (Retired), Majak (Jail and/or AFL suspended)

Hence a need for a KP player who can play forward. Of course we could go the draft but as the cliche goes - BMTT. So I can now see the logic of getting Waite as a Free Agent.

Innocent until proven otherwise.

His ankle is of more concern.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Like others. Thought WTF about Waite. But I have heard from a good sauce that the case against Majak does not look good for him. Not that necessarily means anything in the lottery of our legal system. But given other posts on Curran/Tarrant's future our 2015 list changes may include

Curran (Retired), Tarrant (Retired), Majak (Jail and/or AFL suspended)

Hence a need for a KP player who can play forward. Of course we could go the draft but as the cliche goes - BMTT. So I can now see the logic of getting Waite as a Free Agent.
I have heard the opposite however lets leave the speculation on this alone for now. Regardless of the outcome of that I too see the logic in taking Waite given our injuries.

Floggityflog

Rookie
Oct 29, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Innocent until proven otherwise.

His ankle is of more concern.

Absolutely. Innocent until proven Otherwise. The point of my post is that if the club has done its due diligence on the Majak case. ie, Got our tame lawyer to look over it (Just like we would have had the doctors look closely at the long term effects of his ankle injury) then they would know, if what I have been told is true, the case against him is strong. That may be a factor in them deciding to pursue Waite. We need a KP forward (in addition to Petrie/Brown) ready to rock at AFL level in 2015.

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Massive no to Higgins.

Can't believe people still think worth it at any price after seeing the rubbish he served up against us.

I am coming around to Waite, but only if he genuinely wanted to have a real crack and pull his head in, not just use the club and deliver little like prior years for the Blues.

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Absolutely. Innocent until proven Otherwise. The point of my post is that if the club has done its due diligence on the Majak case. ie, Got our tame lawyer to look over it (Just like we would have had the doctors look closely at the long term effects of his ankle injury) then they would know, if what I have been told is true, the case against him is strong. That may be a factor in them deciding to pursue Waite. We need a KP forward (in addition to Petrie/Brown) ready to rock at AFL level in 2015.

Of course the case against him would have strength, as that is why he has been charged.

But there is no point discussing Majak future until we know what happens, so as it stands it is business as usual and the club and Majak get on with footy.

I don't think the decision to pursue Waite has anything to do with Majak's situation to be honest.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
Putting my legal hat on, considering our shockingly soft justice system, i would be astounded if Maj did time for a rape case from 7 years ago when he was a minor.

And that's assuming he was found guilty.
He will not do time for an alleged crime committed as a 16 year old.

Winter

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Massive no to Higgins.

Can't believe people still think worth it at any price after seeing the rubbish he served up against us.

Two of his poorer games this season were against North Melbourne, has still averaged over 20-touches a game playing as a utility (and having a couple sub-games).

He's being wasted under McCartney for me, he is a creative player who is sitting in no-mans land at the moment structure wise.

At 26 after finally having an injury free year, he is primed for a big year next year.

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Two of his poorer games this season were against North Melbourne, has still averaged over 20-touches a game playing as a utility (and having a couple sub-games).

He's being wasted under McCartney for me, he is a creative player who is sitting in no-mans land at the moment structure wise.

At 26 after finally having an injury free year, he is primed for a big year next year.

I think it's pretty damning that even when injury free he is struggling to keep his spot in a poor team. Might be McCartney sure, might be the fact he simply isn't that good and has major weaknesses.

Fair enough you rate him, but I think his best is behind him considering all his injuries. Agree to disagree, no worries but I'd be disappointed if we took in another injury ravaged problem at decent $$.

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
Worried we will be headed down The Richmond Lane of Mediocrity if North Melbourne start picking up players of the ilk of Higgins, Garlett, Waite, Robinson, Blease etc. No difference makers in there if we are talking top 4 next year. I would want at most one of the above -probably Garlett.

We should back the draft/development team to field a vast majority of our team and fill in the cracks with either young hidden gems ala Josh Kennedy (sydney) and Anthony Miles or quality veterans seeking a fresh start (Dal Santo, Chapman, Goddard etc)

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have heard the opposite however lets leave the speculation on this alone for now. Regardless of the outcome of that I too see the logic in taking Waite given our injuries.

Who told you then? Pepper or Mushroom? ;)

jess_1804

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Worried we will be headed down The Richmond Lane of Mediocrity if North Melbourne start picking up players of the ilk of Higgins, Garlett, Waite, Robinson, Blease etc. No difference makers in there if we are talking top 4 next year. I would want at most one of the above -probably Garlett.

We should back the draft/development team to field a vast majority of our team and fill in the cracks with either young hidden gems ala Josh Kennedy (sydney) and Anthony Miles or quality veterans seeking a fresh start (Dal Santo, Chapman, Goddard etc)
No one from the club has actually confirmed that we're interested in any of these players (except Waite). Wouldn't go worrying about turning in Richmond just yet...

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
No one from the club has actually confirmed that we're interested in any of these players (except Waite). Wouldn't go worrying about turning in Richmond just yet...
I'm not overly worried that North Melbourne will recruit say two or three of the players I mentioned more so highlighting the Richmond strategy of the last five years -topping up their stars such as Cotchin, Martin, Delidio etc with middle age, middle of the road prospects.
And for every Maric they've unearthed they have also wasted picks/list spots on the likes of Griggs, Knights, Edwards, Hampson, Houli etc

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

Fair enough but if Waite plays more than 16 he would have earned the trigger and produced more than a bunch of others on the list who are probably less reliable.

Garlett has kicked 39 or more in a season 3 times.

Unless you think we already are top 4 next year then I would not discount their output in a H&A.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Wouldn't be too worried if North got anyone that we've been linked with - but no-one I'd be disappointed to miss out on, either. Last year I'd have been spitting if we lost out on Dal Santo. But this year the crop is a bit meh (and must be, if Frawley is being bid for in a Judd-like frenzy).

non north related trade news
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ty...om-port-adelaide/story-fndv8g1a-1227041355579
Goldsack offered 400k a year at port as a free agent.I rate him and wouldn't mind going after him but not at that price port are willing to pay

And port player Cam O’Shea potentially moving to join Alan Richardson his ex-assistant coach.

Triggered me to being surprised we have not gone after a collingwood player since brad scott became our coach considering he was an assistant coach there and would have developed strong relationships with many of their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back