List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was drafted in 2002 to Carlton as an 18 year old, so no, I don't think that is the case.
Ah righto @BTron, must've been another bloke......we def had one that pagan let go and ended up at Carlton....not Digby, Micky or Corey. I always thought it was Simpson. Was there a josh Simpson? I'm positive my mind ain't that shot. o_O

Ah righto @BTron, must've been another bloke......we def had one that pagan let go and ended up at Carlton....not Digby, Micky or Corey. I always thought it was Simpson. Was there a josh Simpson? I'm positive my mind ain't that shot. o_O

Corey and Lindsay were the only two who went to Carlton from Denis' trading iirc.

You had Digby and Teague who got traded by Laidley. There was also a Murray roo named Jon McCormick who we were very keen on. Denis got to Carlton and immediately rookied him before our pick.

This forced us to make other plans and rookie some kid named Michael Firrito..

Where did you find out Harry Cunningham was a north supporter?
I Rate him fwiw

There was an article about it in the Daily Telegraph up here on Thursday. Can't seem to find it on their website though.

Corey and Lindsay were the only two who went to Carlton from Denis' trading iirc.

You had Digby and Teague who got traded by Laidley. There was also a Murray roo named Jon McCormick who we were very keen on. Denis got to Carlton and immediately rookied him before our pick.

This forced us to make other plans and rookie some kid named Michael Firrito..
Love a bit of history re NMFC...... I just googled our playing list from 1992 era......interestingly, Carl Dilena played 10 games for us, picking up 39 p's in his 2nd game.

Fyfe and martin stepped straight in with little development and had an impact. They would have had the same impact at any club. carlisle took a bit more development but im tipping he would have been fine.

You'd have to move heaven and hell to get Patton. Jaksch or Tomlinson will be more in our range. If we have a good year and offered them games we'd be a chance.

The AFL's current version of Free agency isn't working.. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: too much dead wood on lists year after year… by the third year… you either have that player who is stagnating (read: ultra inconsistent and skill set not improving) or in near career form. The loyalty factor I can appreciate and that's why guys like Boomer and Dustin Fletcher are the true ONE CLUB Legends… every other guy who isn't pushing himself to get to the next level should be MOVED ON… simple as that. I'd like to see 7-10 player movements of senior players from EACH club… not the jaded 3-4..

It's not only their development of their young but also how they handled their older heads, they traded a number of them and sent others into early retirement. That destroys the fabric of a club. if they had of worked harder to hold onto the following players they would have been significantly better off (maybe not onfield but in a development sense)

McDonald
Robertson
Bruce
Miller
Moloney
Sylvia
McLean
Even to a lesser extent Scully

Coupled with this is their historic waste of early draft picks:

Watts - Naitanui
Morton- Dangerfield
Trengove - Martin
Maric - Scott Selwood
Strauss and Blease - Shuey/Zaharias/beams/hannerbury
Gysberts and Tapscott - Bastinac/fyfe

Then they've lost to other issues:

Clark, Jurrah and Wonaemirri

It's not like they made a few mistakes, they made every mistake every year for about 6-8 years straight

Don't agree roos_fanatic08 The Dees real problem was about hanging onto the same type of inconsistent player i.e.: Bruce-Green Sylvia-McLean Robertson-Miller o_Oo_Oo_O

They should establish where these players are at by the time they get to 26/27/28… are they playing career best? (that means CONSISTENT!!) if NO… trade them. It's not rocket science. They decided to keep them another year.. and even a couple more too long… that's just DUMB.. that's a Round 2 pick at least when these 'similar types' of inconsistent players could add something to a team pressing for that Premiership push.. Stan Alves was 29 when they let him go and that's something the AFL need to shake up … Mid season TRADE window… to bring some vet players careers to life.. otherwise it's the same old BS… the vets die in the magoos, some kids are not up to it… although some show something late in the season… but it's just a 'GOING THRU the MOTIONS' as a team process.

Players skills not that flash btw… how many can kick both feet on the run under the pump, let alone able to use both sides of their body???? less than 40% me thinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we should try and steal Lenny Hayes, plus now Nick Dal Santo is here he might be more likely.

GWS got mumford why on earth would they want Goldstein............... not going to talk about Goldy. I wash my hands with discussion of Goldstein.

Edited due to bad english (thank you B Tron)

Last edited:
GWS got mumford why on earth would they want Goldstein............... not going to talk about Goldy. I wash my hands with Goldstein.
Is he a soap now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back