List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really worried as Scully, ward, Davis, Palmer all had heavily front loaded contracts and more then half the list aren't on more then 200k pa. No different to any other clubs financial position

fair enough.

I'm obviously not completely in tune with your cap situation, (other than you're obviously at least at the minimum 92%) but if you've got guns like Greene, Coniglio, Shiel, Smith, Boyd, Patton, Cameron, Treloar, Tomlinson and WHE all deserved of healthy extensions plus other lesser blokes that still could well command a raise all happening at the same time i'd think that's exactly the type of chaos that other clubs would prey on

Any of you blokes concerned by how tight your cap might get, given there are probably 10 guys out of contract next year who are deserved of pretty handy coin?

Would there be a chance that you'd look to construct another Edwards/Aylett deal to cut a bit of salary so you could offer some of your bigger names some more dosh?

Around about 100% chance of that. And I suspect Essendon might be a good place for a bloke to get a regular game next year.

For me Brayshaw, we've got enough KPD's in Haynes, Davis, Corr, Plowman.

We need a tallish 185+ cms mid
I think we need another 195+ key defender and Durdin looks perfect. We could probably get a good tall-ish midfielder with the end of first round pick (whereas top notch KPPs will go sooner), plus we've got plenty of big bodied ball winners. It's always good to add midfield depth, but it's not as pressing a need for me.

Any of you blokes concerned by how tight your cap might get, given there are probably 10 guys out of contract next year who are deserved of pretty handy coin?

Would there be a chance that you'd look to construct another Edwards/Aylett deal to cut a bit of salary so you could offer some of your bigger names some more dosh?

Looking for another freebie? Well, you don't get if you don't ask ;)

I'm sure there are a few players who will be moved on at the end of the year, but I reckon it will be more for taking in new players as opposed to freeing up cap space.

I think we are certain to take petracca if he's still there.. Otherwise brayshaw.. Unless something unforeseen happens at testing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic and strategically divisive piece by an absolute flog who deeply resents our club.

Wise not to take anything this cynical mental midget has to say with any degree of seriousness.

The club needs to make this rubbish go away. Only one way.

I've got a hunch that a lot of the players are just putting the finishing touches on their contracts and that the Giants marketing will announce a bunch of re-signings in one big hit (Which is quite true to past form). Right now hope for the future is what's keeping our modest support for the club bubbling, I'm sure the giants management knows that keeping these players long term is imperative.

I think around september is when we'll be seeing these things come through. Getting the guys re-signed is going to give us extra leverage during trade week (even though most have still got another year to run already).

Giants set to secure stars...

The GIANTS say they will announce some key re-signings in the very near future and are confident they can keep the wolves at bay and retain the majority of their blue-chip talent.

Key forward Jon Patton is the latest GIANT to face speculation over his future, with the 2011 No.1 draft pick reportedly the subject of a big-money bid from the Western Bulldogs.

Patton, Jeremy Cameron, Dylan Shiel, Adam Treloar, Stephen Coniglio and a host of the club's best youngsters are all coming off contract at the end of 2015, and the rest of the AFL is on high alert.

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-08-14/giants-set-to-secure-stars#sthash.GKY33SAk.dpuf

It's good to read an article where our players are stating their desire to stay in Sydney - as sometimes the rumours of an exodus can get overwhelming. I'd be interested in knowing which players the BF Giants fans think are completely locked up for the future, and which players are on the chopping block.

To me - I think Treloar, Patton and Cameron are all completely locked up and not going anywhere - but I think Shiel, Jaksch and JOR are likely on their way out (either this year or next). I also have my doubts about Tom Boyd, but that's just a gut instinct and not based on anything conclusive.

Who do you guys realistically see leaving our club?

It's good to read an article where our players are stating their desire to stay in Sydney - as sometimes the rumours of an exodus can get overwhelming. I'd be interested in knowing which players the BF Giants fans think are completely locked up for the future, and which players are on the chopping block.

To me - I think Treloar, Patton and Cameron are all completely locked up and not going anywhere - but I think Shiel, Jaksch and JOR are likely on their way out (either this year or next). I also have my doubts about Tom Boyd, but that's just a gut instinct and not based on anything conclusive.

Who do you guys realistically see leaving our club?

I'd say O'Rourke is gone, Jaksch probably gone, Giles likely gone.

I feel Treloar, Cameron, Patton, Smith, Shiel will all stay.

Boyd probably hardest to keep or maybe Tomlinson is offered up. No idea, wish they all stayed.

Boyd probably hardest to keep or maybe Tomlinson is offered up. No idea, wish they all stayed.

I may not have a consensus view here, but if I was forced to choose between keeping Boyd and Tomlinson, Adam would be the guy I kept, every time, he is a young Nick Reiwoldt.

What makes you think O'Rourke is gone? As far as I know he hasn't exactly set the world on fire at AFL or NEAFL level so it's hard to say if he's guaranteed senior game time elsewhere (from his point of view) and it depends how GWS see it, perhaps they want to extract some value while he's still got it (from a Giants list management point of view).

He played reasonably well on the weekend, at least. Hopefully he really comes on, good kid and should complement Treloar, Greene and Shiel well if he can move into that role.

Loved that tweet from Shaw, too. Liked that 'whitten oval - Google Maps' was open in the next tab - just doing his homework to find out which suburb the Western Bulldogs' home ground is in (gee people have short memories!) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back