List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Wright seems to be really coming of age. He's a two metre forward/ruck who is a beautiful kick and mark and has a big tank. If he's on the board at 4 do we take him as best available or go Brayshaw/Durdin on needs??

Thinking more and more that whoever we get from that selection will be an absolute gun even though the draft itself is quite even.

Peter Wright seems to be really coming of age. He's a two metre forward/ruck who is a beautiful kick and mark and has a big tank. If he's on the board at 4 do we take him as best available or go Brayshaw/Durdin on needs??

Thinking more and more that whoever we get from that selection will be an absolute gun even though the draft itself is quite even.

I say grab him as I actually think team balance wise Wright would work better for us then Boyd, and if Boyd does indeed want out then a trio of Patton, Wright, Cameron could end up being the way to go.

I say grab him as I actually think team balance wise Wright would work better for us then Boyd, and if Boyd does indeed want out then a trio of Patton, Wright, Cameron could end up being the way to go.

I guess with General's knee issues and Boyd not yet re-committing we need to be a bit wary. Next years draft is supposedly more midfield centred than talls and I doubt we will be at the pointy end as I expect us to make a significant rise up the ladder.

Wright may be the smart choice if Saints take McCartin and Melbourne go with Petracca and Brayshaw??

I guess with General's knee issues and Boyd not yet re-committing we need to be a bit wary. Next years draft is supposedly more midfield centred than talls and I doubt we will be at the pointy end as I expect us to make a significant rise up the ladder.

Wright may be the smart choice if Saints take McCartin and Melbourne go with Petracca and Brayshaw??

We do have McCarthy, Stewart, Tomlinson and Lobb who could all potentially play up forward.

All good points...they are good but not sure if they are elite.

On another note Tomlinson in 2014 has concerned me with his patchy form.

He has all the attributes to be an absolute gun but he seems to fade in and out of games and can be prone to clangers when he is under pressure. He often looks a bit lost to me and unsure of his role.

In his first couple of years he was just an absolute running machine and I'd love to see him do more of that. He is no Riewoldt but I'd love to see him play a bit more like him because his physical attributes are almost identical!!

Reality is, we are pushing it to play two of our talls and although the goal is to play three.... We have so many we will still leave a lot of them on outter esp of we keep grabbing key positions

I'm all for a Bradshaw or another mid... Either fill a need or grab a mid who adds greater depth

He has all the attributes to be an absolute gun but he seems to fade in and out of games and can be prone to clangers when he is under pressure. He often looks a bit lost to me and unsure of his role.

In his first couple of years he was just an absolute running machine and I'd love to see him do more of that. He is no Riewoldt but I'd love to see him play a bit more like him because his physical attributes are almost identical!!
I thought Tommo has shown a bit down back. Maybe he could hold a key defensive role?

If GWS get another pick in the first round before dealing with Carlton. Would they do the following.

Pick 5 for Jaksch, Pick 20 and Pick 23.

GWS would then have 3 picks 4, 5 and another pick in the first round and wouldn't need any later picks.

He has played at least as well as Nick did in his first 2 years, dw, he will be a jet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So apparently O'Rourke could return to melbourne even thou his enjoying sydney and has not yet met any rival clubs. That said more likely to go then stay you would think but whats been written is nothing more then a beatup.

GIANTS No. 2 draft pick Jono O’Rourke could return home to Victoria after putting off contract talks until after tomorrow’s final-round clash against Western Bulldogs. O’Rourke, 20, is considering his future after nine games in two years at the Giants.
The slick midfielder remains happy in Sydney and has not yet met any rival clubs.
But the prospect of more senior opportunities and the chance to be closer to family could sway the on-baller to follow Melbourne’s Dom Tyson and Collingwood hard nut Taylor Adams back to Melbourne.
O’Rourke, from Calder Cannons, has averaged 25.3 possessions, 8.9 contested possessions 3.7 clearances and three tackles a game in his 10 matches in the NEAFL this season.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Would prefer JOR to stay for obvious reasons but ultimately will heget games with Whitfield, ward, Scully, whe, shiel, treloar, Kelly, Tomlinson, coniglio, etc all fit and firing?

The thing I noticed in that article was that he's happy in Sydney and hasn't actually spoken to anyone yet.

So he's considering his options. Can't see why we're not one of those.

And if he does leave? Well, thanks for your service and good luck with what's next.

It wouldn't upset me to see JOR leave. He's had an unfortunate run with injuries and hasn't been able to get regular spots in the top team. If he stays I'm sure we can continue developing him, if he leaves I'm sure he'll be at a club that can bring out the same talent we saw when we picked him up in the draft.

It wouldn't upset me to see JOR leave. He's had an unfortunate run with injuries and hasn't been able to get regular spots in the top team. If he stays I'm sure we can continue developing him, if he leaves I'm sure he'll be at a club that can bring out the same talent we saw when we picked him up in the draft.

The odds are in his favour to succeed, since 2000 the only #2 picks to not really fire are Gumbleton and arguably Trengove, they both had excuses Gumbleton with injury and Trengove with the whole "Melbourne" issue..

I'd like him to stay, but as we all know we can't keep them all

The odds are in his favour to succeed, since 2000 the only #2 picks to not really fire are Gumbleton and arguably Trengove, they both had excuses Gumbleton with injury and Trengove with the whole "Melbourne" issue..

I'd like him to stay, but as we all know we can't keep them all
A few foot fractures have also contributed to Trengove to be fair.

What's Whiley's contract status, what might he be worth if up for trade?

What's Whiley's contract status, what might he be worth if up for trade?
As far as we know Whiley's out of contract at the end of this year. Trade value... If he only gets a contract offer from one club he'll he cheap; see Darley, Edwards, Bruce last year. If he wants to stay he'll probably get a 1-2 year offer.

As far as we know Whiley's out of contract at the end of this year. Trade value... If he only gets a contract offer from one club he'll he cheap; see Darley, Edwards, Bruce last year. If he wants to stay he'll probably get a 1-2 year offer.
Thanks for the info, he's looked good in his games this year, hope we go after him if he doesn't re-sign, and we continue our good trading relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back