List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, he's looked good in his games this year, hope we go after him if he doesn't re-sign, and we continue our good trading relationship.

He has been a favourite of a lot of us all year in the twos, came into seniors and played very well.
If we can't fit him in he will be a great pickup for someone.

Sculls, I reckon there is a huge chance of this happening. Saints will be happy with either McCartin or Wright which they should be able to snare with pick 4. If we offer our end of round 1 or a player (O'Rourke/Jaksch) as a sweetener then Saints will get the player they need plus another highly rated kid as cream.

From our side we would like Petracca on needs (from reports) and if we gamble on him being there at 4 reality is he will be snapped up by Melbourne (who incidently did a great job of insuring their position by tanking against us!).

If I was a recruiter from St Kilda I would definitely do a deal as it will make them a better team quicker. Saints were quite clever doing this at the draft last year and I'm backing them to do the same again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sculls, I reckon there is a huge chance of this happening. Saints will be happy with either McCartin or Wright which they should be able to snare with pick 4. If we offer our end of round 1 or a player (O'Rourke/Jaksch) as a sweetener then Saints will get the player they need plus another highly rated kid as cream.

From our side we would like Petracca on needs (from reports) and if we gamble on him being there at 4 reality is he will be snapped up by Melbourne (who incidently did a great job of insuring their position by tanking against us!).

If I was a recruiter from St Kilda I would definitely do a deal as it will make them a better team quicker. Saints were quite clever doing this at the draft last year and I'm backing them to do the same again this year.
Hey guys just a question about O'rourke because I haven't seen him play very much. Does he run and carry with the footy and are his skills ok ?

If I was a recruiter from St Kilda I would definitely do a deal as it will make them a better team quicker, something they did very well last year.
Yeah I agree it'd be a good deal for both sides, I just think we'd have to find another team or two to execute trades along with this one to sure up our draft stocks. Similar to last year's trading really. So we, for example, send out our 1st, end-of-1st, 2nd plus Jaksch and/or JOR and end up with #1 and a couple of mid-late 1sts and then pick up Finlayson/Steele/Griffiths via academy selections.

And #3 + end-of-1st compo for #1 is much better value for us than other suggestions I've read over time, guys like Tomlinson or WHE instead of the compo pick hahaha

Yeah I agree it'd be a good deal for both sides, I just think we'd have to find another team or two to execute trades along with this one to sure up our draft stocks. Similar to last year's trading really. So we, for example, send out our 1st, end-of-1st, 2nd plus Jaksch and/or JOR and end up with #1 and a couple of mid-late 1sts and then pick up Finlayson/Steele/Griffiths via academy selections.

Mate I reckon we need a pick upgrade and another early 1st rounder and we need to trade to pick up some of those players you mentioned.

For me we need an infusion of speed (Petracca/Pickett) and a really good user down back (Duggan?) an x factor bloke like Laverde also appeals if we miss out on Petracca.

We have talent all around the ground, good grunt blokes that find the ball, good two way runners, good talls that can mark but the connection between our defence through to midfield and midfield through to our forwards is sometimes lacking. If we can grab an elite user or two we will be a really scary prospect.

Would a deal of our first rounder for O'Rourke and your end of first round compensation pick be fair?
That's the kind of deal I'd be looking for, whoever comes up with the highest 1st round pick in that scenario. If the 1st rounder isn't high enough our 2nd rounder is only a few picks behind so could swap that in for the compo pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back