List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem for whiley is that there's no room in our midfield when ward, Scully, shiel, treloar, WHE, Whitfield, Greene, Kelly, Tomlinson and smith are fit

Depends how much cap room accompanied it in personal terms.

This link might be useful

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-greater-western-sydney-giants?year=2014&sby=12

Players like Whiley, Williams, Sumner, maybe O'Rourke could want to move because they not only arent getting games, but probably wont get games barring injuries in our other midfields.

On the other hand, I can see someone making a big offer to a player like Dylan Shiel, and then things get interesting. But I think a club has to go offer to make some kid with 50 games an instant millionaire to do it.

I think St Kilda finishing last is a fly in the ointment for you guys. By all reports we have our hearts set on Petracca but reports are getting louder all the time that St Kilda will take him at number 1 and all the stuff about trading this pick is just papertalk.
If we can't get Petracca the only other player I think we would really want at the pointy end is Angus Brayshaw who I personally would be equally happy with. Only thing with that is I reckon you guys rate him higher then anybody so I doubt you would let us take that opportunity.
I'm positive Roos has eyes mainly for Shiel and is zeroing in on him. I'm hoping the lure of future success keeps Dylan loyal and that he signs on soon. We need him, he's a gun.

Thanks lads. Landing Shiel would be an awesome get for us, I personally think he'll stay but every club in Melbourne would have a crack if he came available.

GWS does have great depth with young talented midfield so it would make sense to swap one for a younger player to spread the age group out a bit of the list.

I think the two clubs have traded well and fairly in the past so I can't see why this couldn't continue

Same answer on both Shiel and Greene - they have to want to go.

GWS does not have enough cap room to pay all our players what they are worth. If Melbourne offered Shiel $3m over 5 years, or Greene $2m over 4 years (with some behaviour clauses - he fails 'no dickheads') , then I think it'd be awfully hard for them to knock that back.

If they did knock it back, then I dont care if we got offered picks 1,2 and 3 - if they want to be Giants that bad, then we wont shop them.

But if they got offered that and went 'Look, I'd like to stay, but geeez, this will cover me for injury, pay for my house and make sure Im set up for life', then I'd be saying 'Okay, lets do a deal'.

And the framework of the Dom Tyson deal is a good one, and I think both clubs and both sets of supporters are happy with how it went.

Same answer on both Shiel and Greene - they have to want to go.

GWS does not have enough cap room to pay all our players what they are worth. If Melbourne offered Shiel $3m over 5 years, or Greene $2m over 4 years (with some behaviour clauses - he fails 'no dickheads') , then I think it'd be awfully hard for them to knock that back.

If they did knock it back, then I dont care if we got offered picks 1,2 and 3 - if they want to be Giants that bad, then we wont shop them.

But if they got offered that and went 'Look, I'd like to stay, but geeez, this will cover me for injury, pay for my house and make sure Im set up for life', then I'd be saying 'Okay, lets do a deal'.

And the framework of the Dom Tyson deal is a good one, and I think both clubs and both sets of supporters are happy with how it went.

This pretty much. Ofcourse I want them to stay but if they get offered big money there isn't much we can do. Anyone would take the money in any career. The difference from 300k to 500k is significant enough to move.

Also I think last years Dom Tyson deal worked because Paul Roos really just wanted someone who could slot straight in and actually do something straight away. Plus we were in love with Kelly...

I don't have any insight but I think Roos will do a deal to get Mitchell+ 2nd rounder from the Swans with one of those picks. Reckon if the Swans could get their hands on Pick 2 or 3 they would love to nab "2 metre Peter" Wright as an eventual replacement for Pyke. Swans have a surplus of mids and are getting Heeney and Mills in the next two drafts. If Roos can deal one pick and keep the other he can bring in a potential gun in Mitchell and maybe a Brayshaw as well.

It's official - Adam Treloar meets with President of North Melbourne football club (and some Geelong legend)

Let your conspiracy theories and outrageous trade options run wild.

image.jpg

Just because it was for a radio interview shouldn't stand in your way.

this is Big Footy - TRELOAR TO NORTH!!!!

It's official - Adam Treloar meets with President of North Melbourne football club (and some Geelong legend)

View attachment 80344

...or Geelong :)

View attachment 80344

As long as we get Boomer and a late 4th rounder..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd keep coniglio , I'dtrade scully overpaid and underperformed bonus extra money in salary cap and keep whiley he has done the hard yards all he needs is an opportunity !
lol no club is gonna trade for scully while hes on that contract.

actually second thought, only sydney can probably fit him inside their salary cap

So lucey found his way into an afl list! Let's see if any other guys bar the winner manage to get into an afl list

I reckon that Johann Wagner looks the goods. It's hard to judge them when they have been playing semi professionals and retirees but he looks super quick and a good finisher. Moreland looks the most rounded but he is rising 25 so I just don't see how he can break into a midfield. Foster has a touch of Mike Pyke about him...very raw...not sure. Tom Downie was similar and he's been in the system for 3 years and is nowhere near senior selection.

Would give Wagner an opportunity for little cost.

I'd keep coniglio , I'dtrade scully overpaid and underperformed bonus extra money in salary cap and keep whiley he has done the hard yards all he needs is an opportunity !
Scully will be a very good player in a very good team. His gut running is elite but he lacks the flashiness most people would associate with his salary, which is more a reflection on how hard it was to attract star players at the time than his ability.

Give him time...i still think he will be a crucial cog in GWS's run at the finals over the next couple years

Scully is fine, no he is not the player we hoped he might be but he's pretty solid. He trains his backside off and sets a great example to the other boys. He can run all day and can play a variety of useful roles.

My one criticism of Tom is that I think he is a poor kick. He does everything so quick that he sometimes rushes his kicking and fails to find his man, Coniglio is much the same and it happens with faster players. Tom is also a worse than average kick for goal. If he can just be a bit more patient and use the ball a little more efficiently than I think he can be a very useful player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back