Oppo Camp Discussion on other club's trade/draft decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

I have nothing but respect for Port now, used to hate them but the way they have turned that club around in such short space of time is unbelievable. They also play brand of footy that is exciting. Not long ago many of us probably thought they wouldnt survive in competition much longer.
Absolutely spot on, you can only sit back and admire everything they've done in the last 3 years. On field and off-it.

I have nothing but respect for Port now, used to hate them but the way they have turned that club around in such short space of time is unbelievable. They also play brand of footy that is exciting. Not long ago many of us probably thought they wouldnt survive in competition much longer.
Good point thunda:thumbsu: They are pretty impressive arent they.
Wich is exactly why i dont understand some people being all 'doom n gloom'about our current predicament .
We should give the current coaching staff/board a chance to see wether we can do a similar type rebuild of our club before we complain about how bad we have stuffed it up in the past.
I see the Richo / Finnis appointments as an exciting new start for our club. We might not do it quite as quickly as Port did, but there is no reason we cant turn it around quickly as well:thumbsu:
Well thats my opinion anyway.

How many VFL Best and Fairests has TDL won..? Our big inside mid stocks aren't great and Schroeder is a bull. s**t, if Shenton is worth a spot on out list so is Schroeder.
I wouldn't say shenton is worth a spot either but it is what it is

( P.S. When i said they are human i wasnt including James Hird:p )
Actually, I think you're including James Hird. Part of being human is also about being responsible when you've been a naughty boy. Hird has so much of a god-complex, he'll have to get Essendon to play a flood for the first 40 days of next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If Bluey stays beyond this year, we're looking at multiple key players that we've spent a heap of time developing, walking from the club. I'm not talking fringe players, either.

With that in mind, I'm 99% sure that Bluey will be gone and absolutely staggered if he was kept on. It's not a matter of his Coaching abilities unfortunately, or he'd be kept on. As darkwingduck mentioned, he's improved every year. It's just that he has well and truly lost a lot of players, both young and old. That's why he will be moved on. If Bomber isn't available, we'll probably move onto the others available. Bolton, Dew or Bassett"

Quoted from Sunny_ on GCS board.

Please let Bluey stay...Tommy Lynch would look great in R,W & B :D

#operationbringhomeTommy

"If Bluey stays beyond this year, we're looking at multiple key players that we've spent a heap of time developing, walking from the club. I'm not talking fringe players, either.

With that in mind, I'm 99% sure that Bluey will be gone and absolutely staggered if he was kept on. It's not a matter of his Coaching abilities unfortunately, or he'd be kept on. As darkwingduck mentioned, he's improved every year. It's just that he has well and truly lost a lot of players, both young and old. That's why he will be moved on. If Bomber isn't available, we'll probably move onto the others available. Bolton, Dew or Bassett"

Quoted from Sunny_ on GCS board.

Please let Bluey stay...Tommy Lynch would look great in R,W & B :D

#operationbringhomeTommy
* that.... I'll give Gold Coast ALL of our ND picks & PSD picks for Swallow, Prestia, Lynch & Thompson :thumbsu:

He's lost the players.. The same players who could barely even remember what foot they kick with after Ablett went down. Me thinks those players need to take a good hard look at themselves!

Some talk that Hawks have offered Frawley 'less' than Freo & Geelong.

If he decided to go to the current premiers, might do it for a reduction in what he initially wanted.

Perhaps pk 3 may not be Melbourne's.........o_O

Mitch Clark has officially nominated Geelong as his go-to team.

HUGE coup for them as it potentially gives them a Hawkins/Clark forward combo, but has to have implications for 'Frawley to Geelong' too...

Mitch Clark has officially nominated Geelong as his go-to team.

HUGE coup for them as it potentially gives them a Hawkins/Clark forward combo, but has to have implications for 'Frawley to Geelong' too...
That lessens my respect for Geelong somewhat. I think what Mitch is doing is a dog act, after all the support the Dees have given him, and I wouldn't think the Cats would want to be a party to that kind of thing.

That lessens my respect for Geelong somewhat. I think what Mitch is doing is a dog act, after all the support the Dees have given him, and I wouldn't think the Cats would want to be a party to that kind of thing.
Medical report came back with the recommendation he plays for a new team.

Blame the docters not Mitch

To be honest, it's all on Mitch. If he wanted to ensure Melbourne were adequately compensated, he could have refused to nominate (or just nominated a state as a destination), and given Melbourne some power in the negotiations. Now we have a situation where the Dees could quite likely be screwed if Geelong play hard ball.

I wouldn't blame Geelong for doing what all the other 17 clubs would have done (including Melbourne if the roles were reversed).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back