2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to keep up with this thread and whether this has been posted before but afl.com.au has it that de boar has resigned with freo on a one year deal also blues have spoken to Tom Mitchell's family to confirm their interest if he does leave swans and that Carlton want something in a trade for Mitch Robinson. If he was coming free I'd take Robinson but not for even a third round draft pick (which we might not be able to trade anyway depending on bidding situations)

IMO the most important part for any club in securing his signature is going to be the off field support and structure...a lot will do with having family and friends around to ease the home sickness of both player and partner..

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2563783/lions-believe-port-in-box-seat-for-ryder/?cs=12
I can certainly see the attraction to Paddy for Port. A game away from a Grand Final, lots of positives around the club, a coach and a club "in fashion" and is seen as having a positive culture. New Adelaide oval and Port have been very vocal in developing their Indigenous Program, also has a close mate there.

We on the other hand are just stating to turn things around and things look positive but we don't have the runs on the board yet.

I would love him to come as I've watched him a lot this year, but If he chooses Port over us, I'll wish him the best of luck as can't imagine how crap all the Essendon stuff has been for him.

If there is any truth to the rumour that Patty's wife wants to be closer to family who are in QLD we are a lock, i mean if any of you guys are married you'd know what i'm talking about. Generally speaking the wife usually gets her way, it's just less painful that way ;).

Patty to Brissie, just about done:).

I wouldn't really call Membrey a fringe forward.. He's competing against Buddy, Tippett, Reid and Goodes. He would get a game at a lot of AFL clubs I reckon, very good young player, was rated as one of the best forwards in his draft year

I wouldn't really call Membrey a fringe forward.. He's competing against Buddy, Tippett, Reid and Goodes. He would get a game at a lot of AFL clubs I reckon, very good young player, was rated as one of the best forwards in his draft year
He's also a 3rd tall(if you can even call him that). We don't need any more of those right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back