2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Port would be a very appealing destination for Ryder IMO.

The prospect of a flag, a club with numerous indigenous players and an indigenous program of repute are things we can not offer at this point in time.

I've now read the bolded numerous times on here.

It is the first I've heard of an "indigenous program". Is it something official or just the mere fact Port have been successful with their indigenous talent?

It is the first I've heard of an "indigenous program". Is it something official or just the mere fact Port have been successful with their indigenous talent?

They have an Aboriginal Programs Manager in Paul Vandenbergh....from what I have been able to establish there are program's for both internal and external parties run by the club...

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/club/community

Essendon is going to want this problem to go away asap. They will not want players contesting the 'clause'. I believe Essendon will accept a second rd draft pick and maybe an upgrade of their 3rd pick for Ryder.

I do believe we will throw pick 4 and Luey at Collingwood for Beams. I don't think they could possible knock this back.

Essendon is going to want this problem to go away asap. They will not want players contesting the 'clause'. I believe Essendon will accept a second rd draft pick and maybe an upgrade of their 3rd pick for Ryder.

I do believe we will throw pick 4 and Luey at Collingwood for Beams. I don't think they could possible knock this back.
I reckon they could. They are already very young atm and if they trade Beams away, they will only have Sidebottom, Pendles and Cloke that are quality experienced players.
Imo, they will try and back themselves to keep him beyond next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon they could. They are already very young atm and if they trade Beams away, they will only have Sidebottom, Pendles and Cloke that are quality experienced players.
Imo, they will try and back themselves to keep him beyond next year.
It all depends on the message Beams is telling Collingwood. Boys take the trade or I leave next year in the psd.

This seems to be a popular hypothetical to land beams. I'd like to hear other peoples opinion on what were potentially giving up.

Pick 4
This is a prized pick in an Un-compromised draft. What would be worth more to a club that has finished 13th, 12th, 15th in the last 3 years ?

8 seasons of Dayne Beams output, or potentially 12+seasons of output from mid range output. Similar player such as Sewell, Barlow, Jack Stevens etc being drafted ?

Leuenberger
It's hard to put a value on Leuenberger. If he had his body right we'd be potentially talking straight swap. If he gets he body right he's the type of player we'd regret getting rid of, but comes with some serious issues. I'm personally one for potentially trading him if we do land Ryder, at the right price obviously.

Cap space.
In an age of Free-Agency, this can't be forgotten. Making a big bid will seriously effect our ability to land big name players in the future.

Note : I do understand that the draft is a lottery and we could end up with a Tambling/Morton but at that pick we could also land a Pendlebury / Cotchin / Selwood potentially too. I've used Sewell / Barlow / Steven as an example of what I think is a pass mark with additional years service. I'd also back our recruiting staff to do better than Melbourne and Richmond. I also think its the "in-thing" is to underrate draft picks as lottery picks

IMO I'm against trading that much for him, probably not an opinion commonly shared. My main concern is that were still at a rebuilding stage and think its paying overs for how I rate him against the needs of the club. I also understand having him would make the club more popular for others to come to, but so is a young promising club with a large salary cap.

I wonder if the club could pitch a role to him a role as Aboriginal ambassador for The club.

There was talk of a similar role for Buddy to GWS (mainly to pay him outside the Cap) Might be something that could appeal to him

This seems to be a popular hypothetical to land beams. I'd like to hear other peoples opinion on what were potentially giving up.

Pick 4
This is a prized pick in an Un-compromised draft. What would be worth more to a club that has finished 13th, 12th, 15th in the last 3 years ?

8 seasons of Dayne Beams output, or potentially 12+seasons of output from mid range output. Similar player such as Sewell, Barlow, Jack Stevens etc being drafted ?

Leuenberger
It's hard to put a value on Leuenberger. If he had his body right we'd be potentially talking straight swap. If he gets he body right he's the type of player we'd regret getting rid of, but comes with some serious issues. I'm personally one for potentially trading him if we do land Ryder, at the right price obviously.

Cap space.
In an age of Free-Agency, this can't be forgotten. Making a big bid will seriously effect our ability to land big name players in the future.

Note : I do understand that the draft is a lottery and we could end up with a Tambling/Morton but at that pick we could also land a Pendlebury / Cotchin / Selwood potentially too. I've used Sewell / Barlow / Steven as an example of what I think is a pass mark with additional years service. I'd also back our recruiting staff to do better than Melbourne and Richmond. I also think its the "in-thing" is to underrate draft picks as lottery picks

IMO I'm against trading that much for him, probably not an opinion commonly shared. My main concern is that were still at a rebuilding stage and think its paying overs for how I rate him against the needs of the club. I also understand having him would make the club more popular for others to come to, but so is a young promising club with a large salary cap.

Well it would totally stuff your half stuffed user name.

https://twitter.com/martinj_blake

Liam Jones apparently not certain he'll be at the Bulldogs next year, although Western say he's still in negotiations.

I'm not a fan, but it wouldn't blow me away if we inquired about him.

I would give all our draft picks to land Ryder and Beams next year.
We would be adding 2 elite senior footballers to our list. You cannot put a price on that. Add in that Beams is the same age and draft as Redden, Rich and Rockliff, gives us 4 potential A grade players out of 1 draft. The only pick 4 over the last 10 years better than Beams is potentially Kennedy. The draft is a massive lottery.

https://twitter.com/martinj_blake

Liam Jones apparently not certain he'll be at the Bulldogs next year, although Western say he's still in negotiations.

I'm not a fan, but it wouldn't blow me away if we inquired about him.

23- 197 cm forward in a team with no key position players, definitely worth looking at him. Could be a steal and is a massive upgrade on Lisle and Paine

Hey my first post, glad to join in on this frustrating topic.

I just want the Lions to land a big fish, I'm sick of the lions missing out on good talent each year.
Would love to see Ryder play CHF with McStay, Freeman and Close in the forwardline. Push Merrett back to fullback and with Staker, Rich and Redden to come back it could be a very exciting year.

Port would be a very appealing destination for Ryder IMO.

The prospect of a flag, a club with numerous indigenous players and an indigenous program of repute are things we can not offer at this point in time.
Won't matter a lick if his wife doesn't want to be there, i'm telling you she is the key.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back