2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what a contracted player like Merrett would fetch?

Maybe a straight swap for Jared Hardbrow, our second round pick upgrade for Gold Coasts pick 8 or something else.

Still can't believe we're not informed on the issue of what kind of meat was used, and what cut?

I mean, "beef" is such a general term. If we went all-out, it'd be eye fillet or something. But yeah just "sausages" is a really inferior product. Some might even say it's unwelcoming.

I wonder what a contracted player like Merrett would fetch?

Maybe a straight swap for Jared Hardbrow, our second round pick upgrade for Gold Coasts pick 8 or something else.

Definitely not the bold. No way would they do that.

Harbrow swap makes a bit of sense though if McKenna gets the arse I suspect Harbrow will want to stay put.

Lethal said he wasn't even at the BBQ so unless someone took his keys their was no one at he's house said so on 3AW on Saturday night before the Hawks Port game so not sure what to believe

He said on Gameday that he wasn't at the barbecue but he did catch up with him during the visit, so probably when Paddy dropped into the Gabba.

Even if we are secretly plotting to trade him, Denham is being such an unbearable flog about it that I hope we sign Strawb up for a 10 year Lynch contract just to make Denham look like an idiot.

Think it is how defiantly positive he is about it, making claims we are so happy to see the back of him we would chip in to pay his contract, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish & Pick 4 seems fair. That's virtually 2 first round picks there. I think both clubs would do that.

With the extra bargaining strength coming from Danger being a FA next season you'd think so. If he nominates us. Other clubs may be more desperate for him.

It certainly would, but it just feels implausible to me.

I just can't believe they have the cash. Even if Pridham is totally on the level, I doubt Ryder would've openly named his preferred destination yet. He is in uncharted waters in the circumstances at his club and the use of the clause, so it makes sense to me that he'd look around widely and play his cards close to his chest.

Of course, I'm probably wrong, and Sydney will probably announce deals for Ryder and Beams from the GF podium.

I can believe they have the cash. The whole Ryder situation has such a Swans smell about it too.
If O'Keefe, LRT, Goodes, Malceski and Mitchell depart this year that's probably close to $2 million out of the cap. Even allowing for the veterans' allowance, the fact other players will have increased wages and COLA being reduced, there's enough money for Ryder. It will be very amusing if Sydney get Heeney and Ryder on the cheap and a top 5 pick for Mitchell.

Just on Tom Mitchell, will we throw our hat in the ring for him? I'd trade our top pick for him as he'd fit in very well imo.

Ahh well that's a good question xplo. Since the demise of Fitzroy, I have developed a dislike for Victorian clubs, more particularly Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon & Richmond. Anything that raises the ire of Collingwood & Double Chins is a good thing. I grew up in the days of the VFL when the rich Vic clubs got EVERYTHING! So it is somewhat ironic now to see McGuire & Malthouse bleating over FA & the Sydney Swans. To stick to the topic of this Trade thread, maybe we could pick up Reid if Sydney gets Frawley & Ryder. Sure he is no A Grader, but I would think that he fits into our best 22.

Yep totally agree but with the exception of the Bulldogs who gave us a home in our final years. Have to smirk and chuckle when those big clubs get upset about the Swannies. Would love to watch Mcguires head explode if either Frawley or Ryder went to the Swans.

Yep totally agree but with the exception of the Bulldogs who gave us a home in our final years. Have to smirk and chuckle when those big clubs get upset about the Swannies. Would love to watch Mcguires head explode if either Frawley or Ryder went to the Swans.

And not forgetting Lockie, that we nearly stitched up the Bulldogs in 1989 with the proposed (takeover) merge, The Fitzroy Bulldogs. Gee that Western Oval was a shocking, unattractive ground though!

Even if we are secretly plotting to trade him, Denham is being such an unbearable flog about it that I hope we sign Strawb up for a 10 year Lynch contract just to make Denham look like an idiot.

Every time he writes or says something is definite, I just want to ask him who Andrew Swallow is playing for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back