2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Well this is interesting. Emma Quayle (normally one of the good guys) tweeted this last night.

Random: @emmasq heard anything on possible Paddy Ryder trade?

EQ: i have some slight concerns. but let's see. i hope not.

The seasons been over for what 2 days?! I am 1000000000000% confident we haven't been offering anybody to other clubs.

Why does Ryder want out? It's clear he has approached us and not the other way around. Just a strange situation.

Good question....Best answer I can come up with is... he wants to up his position as a future guest on "Open Mike"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Ryder issue, there remains a further potential complication applicable to all of the Essendon-34 - there is still a chance all of these guys could end up with 2-year bans, so I'd be very wary about taking on any of them before Essendon's ASADA issues are fully resolved.

At the very least, this cloud would have to reduce any of the Essendon-34's trade values.

Says who? Haven't seen anything to suggest he want's out. i think it's bs that he's leaving but if he does i will be very shattered.

All anyone on our Board is going off (as far as I know) is a channel 7 reporter emphatically stating that Ryder had approached Brisbane.

Then, a couple of talk shows covered it and Emma Quayle tweeted she had 'some concern' the rumours were legit. Since then, anecdotal bits and pieces about him getting married in Queensland have fuelled the fire, but no-one is saying anything definitive.

I'm still wary of buying into it, but the only info that has gone public suggests Ryder is chasing us rather than the other way around.

Says who? Haven't seen anything to suggest he want's out. i think it's bs that he's leaving but if he does i will be very shattered.
Seems strange for his agent to be shopping him around with a couple of years left on his contract. What are we missing?

We have 3 ruckmen and Paddy is too good to be just back-up.
Goal kicking efficiency of about 56%. Not what we want or need if paying good money to bring someone into the forward line. Would be pissing it against a wall.

Seems strange for his agent to be shopping him around with a couple of years left on his contract. What are we missing?

It's a strange one, but the rumour has an odd ring of legitimacy given:

- how fast it spread after being totally out of left field
- Emma Quayle having a (small) piece of it
- the number of things up in the air at Essendon
- that if you wanted to get out of the fishbowl, a team in the Northern states that have publicly identified their massive salary cap space would seem a plausible option

We have 3 ruckmen and Paddy is too good to be just back-up.
Goal kicking efficiency of about 56%. Not what we want or need if paying good money to bring someone into the forward line. Would be pissing it against a wall.

Totally agree with this, which is why I doubt it will end up happening. That's not to say that he isn't angling for the trade though.

Merrett for Ryder straight swap. Dons get a huge bargain on that one they may even have to throw in a 2nd round pick as steak knives... Or we get him through the PSD

Not a chance.

As an Essendon supporter I can tell you there isn't a single player on the Brisbane list that would be equal value to Ryder - not one. That includes Rockliff, Zorko, Aish......

And as for the PSD, how would you expect to manage that hey?

If he want's more money and a contract extension then the club will be more than happy too.

Could there be any other reason he is looking elsewhere with 2 years left on his contract? Any sort of changes at the club in recent history that could have made a player lose the love?

As baffling as it is, this story is growing legs by the day. I'm starting to force myself to get used to the idea of Leuenberger leading another team's ruck division next year.

It's a strange one, but the rumour has an odd ring of legitimacy given:

- how fast it spread after being totally out of left field
- Emma Quayle having a (small) piece of it
- the number of things up in the air at Essendon
- that if you wanted to get out of the fishbowl, a team in the Northern states that have publicly identified their massive salary cap space would seem a plausible option

Totally agree with this, which is why I doubt it will end up happening. That's not to say that he isn't angling for the trade though.

Could of been mixed up with Dempsey.

Not a chance.

As an Essendon supporter I can tell you there isn't a single player on the Brisbane list that would be equal value to Ryder - not one. That includes Rockliff, Zorko, Aish......

Pretty sure he was joking man.

Not a chance.

What if we put them all together? Would Rockliff + Zorko + Aish = The legendary Paddy Ryder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back