List Mgmt. 2014 Trade/Free Agency Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
Not sure if it was a rant and I don't think I'm a simpleton either, Jaeger Bomb. Said a few things in the heat of the moment as I was upset that Port led my lad along with empty promises. I'll leave it as that.
If I'm guilty for firing up to support my kid then so be it and I make no apology.
Upon reflection I deleted these posts as they could do Dan more harm than good.

I'm happy that Dan is at the GC and look forward to him being injury free in 2015 and having a great year.

For us as a family it also means more trips to the GC next year.

Mark

Sorry didn't mean to offend you with that comment. It was inappropriate of me to say something like that without context and as you can see Sunny_ put me in my place as well.

I loved Dan's comments on twitter and Instagram the other day. Great to see him set the record straight to some proper simpletons haha. Am sorry to hear that your family was affected by what sounds like arrogance from Port Adelaide. We are stoked to have Dan on board next year. All the best. PS: feel free to switch team allegiances ;)

Sorry didn't mean to offend you with that comment. It was inappropriate of me to say something like that without context and as you can see Sunny_ put me in my place as well.

I loved Dan's comments on twitter and Instagram the other day. Great to see him set the record straight to some proper simpletons haha. Am sorry to hear that your family was affected by what sounds like arrogance from Port Adelaide. We are stoked to have Dan on board next year. All the best. PS: feel free to switch team allegiances ;)

No need to apologise mate it's all good and my comment re simpleton was tongue in cheek.

Hi all
Not sure if it was a rant and I don't think I'm a simpleton either, Jaeger Bomb. Said a few things in the heat of the moment as I was upset that Port led my lad along with empty promises. I'll leave it as that.
If I'm guilty for firing up to support my kid then so be it and I make no apology.
Upon reflection I deleted these posts as they could do Dan more harm than good.

I'm happy that Dan is at the GC and look forward to him being injury free in 2015 and having a great year.

For us as a family it also means more trips to the GC next year.

Mark

We understand the fire that comes from within. I have been guilty of speaking my mind in the heat of the moment also. I can say it must be hard for Dan and also his family in general to be strung along like that only to be let down last minute.

TheJaegerBomb probably did not choose his words the greatest way possible either.

But from a fans perspective, 2015 is going to be hard for us when it comes to Dan. How are we supposed to put our support and devotion into a player who is likely to be walking at the end of the season. Dan earned a little bit of respect back with his message, assuring us that his work rates and ethics will be 100% for the year, and for that we are stoked. While he is in the red, gold and blue we want all of our players to do no less ...... However IF Dan is given his chance in 2015 to play senior footy, how do we as supporters, get behind him and wish him well? He has stated that he is happy to be a Gold Coast SUN in 2015, but that is obviously by default only. Having family come on and post messages to facebook like yourself only solidifies our belief that he is truly unhappy to be here and it is inevitable that in 2016 he will be running under another teams banner.

I love Dan, and the way he goes about his football. I have no doubt that IF he gets game time in 2015 he will give his all. He doesn't seem to know any other way. But I would much rather the club invest games into players who want to be here beyond 2015. I hope Dan understands that. It wont be from me personally (I have been there before, and have learned my lesson) but he would be delusional to think that he is going to get a lot of love and support from the fans in 2015. He has a long way to go to earn that back. It could be a long season for him

We understand the fire that comes from within. I have been guilty of speaking my mind in the heat of the moment also. I can say it must be hard for Dan and also his family in general to be strung along like that only to be let down last minute.

TheJaegerBomb probably did not choose his words the greatest way possible either.

But from a fans perspective, 2015 is going to be hard for us when it comes to Dan. How are we supposed to put our support and devotion into a player who is likely to be walking at the end of the season. Dan earned a little bit of respect back with his message, assuring us that his work rates and ethics will be 100% for the year, and for that we are stoked. While he is in the red, gold and blue we want all of our players to do no less ...... However IF Dan is given his chance in 2015 to play senior footy, how do we as supporters, get behind him and wish him well? He has stated that he is happy to be a Gold Coast SUN in 2015, but that is obviously by default only. Having family come on and post messages to facebook like yourself only solidifies our belief that he is truly unhappy to be here and it is inevitable that in 2016 he will be running under another teams banner.

I love Dan, and the way he goes about his football. I have no doubt that IF he gets game time in 2015 he will give his all. He doesn't seem to know any other way. But I would much rather the club invest games into players who want to be here beyond 2015. I hope Dan understands that. It wont be from me personally (I have been there before, and have learned my lesson) but he would be delusional to think that he is going to get a lot of love and support from the fans in 2015. He has a long way to go to earn that back. It could be a long season for him
Well said.
only way to earn trust and respect back from me and the Gold Coast Suns members and supporters would be for dan to recommit to the suns and sign a contract extension.
But I don't see that happening what a waste of our time money and our resources this is going to be.

Whoever you support as fans or don't support is your call so no matter what I might say is somewhat irrelevant. All I can say is Dan looked for a trade for family reasons. It didn't happen and life goes on. He's committed to the Suns and hopes to have a great and successful year. If this is realised then there is every chance he will stay.

As for supporting Dan, that's up to the individual whether they do or don't and they (you) have every right to make your own call.

Well said.
only way to earn trust and respect back from me and the Gold Coast Suns members and supporters would be to recommit to the suns and sign a contract extension.
But I don't see that happening what a waste our time money and our resources this is going to be.

While I agree with SUNS post, I think to say this about a contracted player is a bit far. What if Nicholls and Smith go down and he has a blinder next year and help us thrust in to finals? Not a waste of money or resources then is it?

Whoever you support as fans or don't support is your call so no matter what I might say is somewhat irrelevant. All I can say is Dan looked for a trade for family reasons. It didn't happen and life goes on. He's committed to the Suns and hopes to have a great and successful year. If this is realised then there is every chance he will stay.

As for supporting Dan, that's up to the individual whether they do or don't and they (you) have every right to make your own call.

Can you unequivocally say that he loves being at the Suns and the people there? No BS? You don't have to answer that if you don't like but it's fair to ask if the move was instigated purely for family reasons as you say.

Well said.
only way to earn trust and respect back from me and the Gold Coast Suns members and supporters would be for dan to recommit to the suns and sign a contract extension.
But I don't see that happening what a waste of our time money and our resources this is going to be.

Mate it's not his call re getting another contract at the moment. Hope he gets game time, does well and then if a contact is offered I'm certain he would sign. It's down to him now to play senior footy, make his mark and get a contract.

Well said.

Mate it's not his call re getting another contract at the moment. Hope he gets game time, does well and then if a contact is offered I'm certain he would sign. It's down to him now to play senior footy, make his mark and get a contract.

While I agree with SUNS post, I think to say this about a contracted player is a bit far. What if Nicholls and Smith go down and he has a blinder next year and help us thrust in to finals? Not a waste of money or resources then is it?
it's just my opinion Mate. but i'd rather see them but the time money and resources into a guy like josh hall.
at least you no he won't potential walk out in 12 month

Mate I don't want to get into the detail and such a question is for him to answer not me. I can say though that he loves it there but he wants to play footy so I guess it's down to him now to achieve that. If he does he will be as happy as a pig in ice cream.

Thanks mate. Didn't have to come on here and talk to the fans like you have. I can only speak for myself but I am sure all of us really appreciate some light on the situation. Cheers Mark.

Bring on 2015. Gonna be a big one ladies n gents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as he doesn't string us on then I am happy. The reason we have a bitter taste in our mouth can be directly related to the Caddy precedent. Josh looked some of us in the eye and said he will be staying on. He left days later.

The best thing Dan can do, as can any player, is just be honest. I'd feel much better about a player who says 'look guys, i'll be keeping my options open next year still' and still gives 110%. Works in other codes and they still get heaps of love.

The worst is the feeling of uncertainty. Not knowing. I hope he does get his chance in 2015 and more importantly I hope he stays a SUN in 2016 and beyond. I hope whatever was pulling Dan to Adelaide gets rectified. We don't wish family problems on anyone.

Hoping Daniel has a great year, stays injury-free and shows us what he's capable of Mark, we've seen some exciting glimpses over the last few years :thumbsu: And that he stays here ;)

P.S. What are his chances of growing a big beard for next season? We need more beards :)

it's just my opinion Mate. but i'd rather see them but the time money and resources into a guy like josh hall.
at least you no he won't potential walk out in 12 month

Think Mark addressed it pretty well. I have no issues with resources being put in to a guy like Dan with immense talent. He will be out to prove some people wrong who didn't put the requisite effort in to him. Just remember who else was seriously considering heading home and decided to stay... we all know how that panned out...

328040_gp.jpg

FWIW MarkGorringe you don't need to explain yourself. I would have ranted too like that in the heat of the moment. It honestly sounds that Port shafted you guys, which is unfortunate. :/

Thanks Sunny and everyone. Just wanted to initially respond to my apparent rant and give some context.
I will sign off now and leave this forum to you. Thanks again and go the Crows:)
Mark

Thanks Sunny and everyone. Just wanted to initially respond to my apparent rant and give some context.
I will sign off now and leave this forum to you. Thanks again and go the Suns:)
Mark

Edited for accuracy :D. Thanks Mark, all the best.

FWIW MarkGorringe you don't need to explain yourself. I would have ranted too like that in the heat of the moment. It honestly sounds that Port shafted you guys, which is unfortunate. :/
Agreed.

Not knowing the specifics of the situation, it basically sounds as if the deal was 'done, and Dan was going to be traded to Port, but the trade fell through. From the perspective of the family, it's devastating to be deceived like that. I respect that Dan has hit back at his public critique on Twitter, and I'm actually very impressed that MarkGorringe has joined us today to explain the situation, so thank you Mark.

From a fan perspective, and attempting to ignore the reasons behind Dan's reasons to request a trade, I personally hope Dan is played in 2015 as if nothing has changed. I think it's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to be here, but as Dan has said himself, he's got a year left on contract and will remain loyal to it and the club. However, it will impact on his prospects in 2015 in regards to his game-time, because after all, why would a club play someone who's going to leave at the end of the year - maybe to increase his trade worth, but it's hardly worth it when we're aiming at finals.

As much as contracted players requesting a trade truly irks me and pisses me off, in this particular case, we're talking about a lad who has always been active around the club, has worked his arse off to recover from constant injuries, and has played few games since being drafted. Why the club didn't trade him is beyond me. Similar to the Hallahan situation, I'd have hoped the club did what was right by the player, but in saying that, it seems Port ruined the whole deal.

MarkGorringe, please pass on our best wishes to Dan and know that while he's a player at the Suns, the fans will be behind him - we're just protective of our club, just as you're protective of your son - and I applaud that.

Cheers.

I think Dan would have made a good fit at Adelaide. What the hell were they in not picking him when they need a backup ruckman? In any case, hope he has a great year this year and plays well at his next club the next year.

I'm a well known Gorringe supporter
Of all our rucks I think he's by far and away the most natural footballer.
I still remember his "mark of the year" touched off the boot.(I love umpires so much)
While we all don't want another Caddy situation and I'm not completely up with trade rules, I'm pretty sure if he had a great 2015 and wanted to walk at the end of it we'd be well compensated.
I also reckon a new coach, a strong pre-season and more quality game time might see him stay in the Red Gold and Blue.
Lots of stuff happens in a year.Just ask Bluey;)
The opportunities in SA might not be as good then and we are likely to be a very attractive proposition come September 2015

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back