List Mgmt. 2014 Trade/Free Agency Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW the word out of the Lions BnF is that he laughed at these trade rumours. From the man himself.

That said, the article seems very very sure that the Lions want him gone. To suggest that they would pay some of his salary to play for another team is a big deal.

But then again, Denham isn't known for his strike rate.

Also breaking news. From the SUNS BnF.

"I love the SUNS. I've decided i'm not going anywhere. Why would I want to leave here?"

092634-josh-caddy.jpg

I would be so surprised if you guys lined up Dempsey, he nearly bailed on the game early on in the year,
Yeah because his partner at the time packed up the kids and moved to Queensland without Demps knowing and he nearly walked to live up there.

What's the go with Harbrow?
I've always rated him as a tough hard at it defender.
Sounds like it wouldn't take much for him to move on although he has strong ties with Qld...
He would be fantastic at Port as a small defender.

Wondering if anyone thinks Kyle Cheney at the Hawks could be worth looking at?
I'd rather a look in at Wil Langford. Something I really like about him, somewhat a fringe player at hawthorn. Possibly not so much fringe anymore. Would never happen I know being the son of a Hawthorn legend but dreams are free.

Apparently we've contacted Hallahan's management. He's also a good friend of Tom Lynch! Would be a fantastic get for us. Won the JJ Listen last year, and was extremely influential for Box Hill just today against Williamstown in the VFL prelims.

Media speculating Gorringe and Port Power are in chats. Port want a 2nd ruck and Gorringe wants more senior opportunity. Can't blame him if true.

Just read that line as well. Makes sense to deal with Port considering the ties and relationships Hinkley May have with some youngsters. Gorringe + pick 7 for Hartlett? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok my dream trade result

Gorringe + Pick 7 for Hamish Hartlett (650k per yr)
Prestia + Russell for Dayne Beams (700k per yr)
Use Pick 15 of Lachie Weller
Recruit free agent Ryan O'Keefe for 1 year + 2 years forward line coach.

Brings in much needed hardness, leadership and experience. With our delisted those 3 players shouldn't cost more than 1.5mil?

Apparently we've contacted Hallahan's management. He's also a good friend of Tom Lynch! Would be a fantastic get for us. Won the JJ Listen last year, and was extremely influential for Box Hill just today against Williamstown in the VFL prelims.
I don't actually know much about the guy, but having only 5 games at AFL level is hardly worth the look imo. I understand that Hawthorn have many top-tier players and it's difficult to get a spot in the top 22, but we have a lot of young blokes with more games that Hallahan. Surely we should be going after some more experience instead of a younger bloke atm?

Ok my dream trade result

Big NO for what I've bolded and underlined. I'd be happy with the others, though.

I don't actually know much about the guy, but having only 5 games at AFL level is hardly worth the look imo. I understand that Hawthorn have many top-tier players and it's difficult to get a spot in the top 22, but we have a lot of young blokes with more games that Hallahan. Surely we should be going after some more experience instead of a younger bloke atm?
He has a body the same size as our core like Swallow and Prestia, and is quick for an inside player.

I still think we're lacking grunt, especially waiting for Longergan to come on. He would slot in perfectly. Just a ridiculously good inside player to get the ball out to our runners and tackle hard. Plus he's also a goalkicker. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Last edited:
Would be very happy if we picked up Hallahan and O'Keefe for a decent price. Mitch averages about 17 disposals at the top level when he does manage to break into the Hawthorn senior side so the ability is there. Hard as nails too apparently, although would love to hear Hawks supporters thoughts on him and why he can't break into the top side. O'Keefe would be best 22 for us next year and would be a solid addition as well as offering us another on-field coach. As for the suggestions we trade Prestia, LOL. He might not have any serious weapons but he gets the ball and that is often a major problem for us. Hartlett is very good but why would he leave Port for us.

Would be very happy if we picked up Hallahan and O'Keefe for a decent price. Mitch averages about 17 disposals at the top level when he does manage to break into the Hawthorn senior side so the ability is there. Hard as nails too apparently, although would love to hear Hawks supporters thoughts on him and why he can't break into the top side. O'Keefe would be best 22 for us next year and would be a solid addition as well as offering us another on-field coach. As for the suggestions we trade Prestia, LOL. He might not have any serious weapons but he gets the ball and that is often a major problem for us. Hartlett is very good but why would he leave Port for us.

Hallahan hasn't had the same rich vein of form he had last year in the seconds. I thought if he kept it up this year he would of been a certainty to take over Sewell's spot but an injury and loss of form did him some harm. Still thought he showed some promise and was handy depth but has fallen behind probably Langford and Woodward for that next in line spot.

Hallahan's problem is that he's not very quick and he's not very damaging. Considering our inside midfield brigade is pretty much the same we don't really have a space for another slow midfielder. Same problem JPK had IMO. What I do like about Hallahan is he's tough, finds the pill and can kick a goal. Think he has some good leadership qualities as he's matured. Early on I think his attitude was a bit off but he's really embraced the ethos and has worked hard through his troublesome ankle to become an A Grade VFL player. He has the foundation to become a solid player just needs to build onto it.

I'd rather a look in at Wil Langford. Something I really like about him, somewhat a fringe player at hawthorn. Possibly not so much fringe anymore. Would never happen I know being the son of a Hawthorn legend but dreams are free.

I think we've already learned the lesson the hard way in trading away our Sons of Guns for cheap :p

What's the go with Harbrow?
I've always rated him as a tough hard at it defender.
Sounds like it wouldn't take much for him to move on although he has strong ties with Qld...
He would be fantastic at Port as a small defender.
From Carins and been here since the first year, I'd say he's the opposite of easy to move on.

Whatever you're hearing, You've been misinformed good sir.

Media speculating Gorringe and Port Power are in chats. Port want a 2nd ruck and Gorringe wants more senior opportunity. Can't blame him if true.
I wouldn't blame Gorringe for leaving, He just hasn't shown up the way Smith and Nicholls have over his time with us... :(

Plus it would free up a list spit for Paddy Ryder.

Ok my dream trade result

Brings in much needed hardness, leadership and experience. With our delisted those 3 players shouldn't cost more than 1.5mil?

I know i'm not the biggest fan of Dion, but lolwut?

Edit:

Never mind, read the rest haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back