Competitions 2014 Ultimate Footy league discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If you wanna read something for the LOLz I have an Ultiamte footy scenario for you that took place in my other league.

Had Scott Thompson & Vlastuin get subbed off at quarter time for 33 and 24. Mayne got injured and got 44. Mcevoy late out so picked up Derickx who got me 31 ****ing points. So I thought I was pretty much ****ed and was fuming.

Was up by 80 or so points and my opponent had Kane Cornes captain, Petrie and Schulz to come. I had only poor old Kade Simpson who was fighting a battle that was already lost.

Nek Minnit

- Kornes tags wells and gets stuck in the defensive 50 all game.
- Schulz only got 40 odd
- PETRIE GOT 11 ****ING POINTS. I COULDNT STOP LAUGHING.

In the last game Simpson was on 68 and the impossible had just been achieved and it was only half time.

My opponent was not impressed to say the least :p

Trades, anyone?

Just had a proper look at my team and Ive been decimated

Barlow, Masten, Walters all out, where Walters could be out for the season if after the week off they decide to put him under the knife.

Both rucks in Mcevoy, Ryder + Griggin doubt....

I really wasn't confident when I was taking Dane either. Prob wouldn't make too much diff cause my team is just about shot.

I feel if I traded Dane he'd come good straight away anyway. Hmmmm.

My best mate had pick 2 and took Pendles after Gaj just to play it safe.

Whoever has a decent amount of mids and can afford to trade a good one, come see me. Still looking to work Buddy into a deal somewhere if people want a better forward....

Last edited:
Whoever has a decent amount of mids and can afford to trade a good one, come see me. Still looking to work Buddy into a deal somewhere if people want forwards....

Buddy for Kelly?

Buddy for Kelly?
You want me to trade a forward I took in the 3rd for a midfielder you took in the 11th? mm no thanks, looking for someone a little better.

The forward options this year are pretty crappy tbh, so ultimately be looking at something like

Buddy > lesser forward
one of my midfielders > better midfielder.

If not then all good, but yeah forwards are hard to come by this year. For my own safety would rather not trade just Buddy...

You want me to trade a forward I took in the 3rd for a midfielder you took in the 11th? mm no thanks, looking for someone a little better.

The forward options this year are pretty crappy tbh, so ultimately be looking at something like

Buddy > lesser forward
one of my midfielders > better midfielder.

If not then all good, but yeah forwards are hard to come by this year. For my own safety would rather not trade just Buddy...

I've offered you a deal that includes Kelly Kristof.

Taking Buddy in the third does not mean that is where his value lies. In retrospect you probably took him far to early. I got him in the 11th round of another draft league. I probably feel he should have fallen somewhere in the middle of both to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking Buddy in the third does not mean that is where his value lies. In retrospect you probably took him far to early. I got him in the 11th round of another draft league. I probably feel he should have fallen somewhere in the middle of both to be honest.

We all know what Buddy is capable of lets not play dumb, it's whether or not he gets his s**t together.

In UF, Buddy's average draft position across every single league ever created in the system his average position was pick 36. I took him with pick 27. A tad on the overs side it seems, but it doesn't warrant trading him for an 11th rounder.

Another good system some people recommend to me, is that in these draft leagues, when trading forwards/defenders for midfielders, add roughly around +15 to a defender and forwards average in order to be relatively even. Since there are so many high scoring mids and good B/F's are so hard to come by, they are obviously valued a lot higher. Of course this isnt gospel, but I dont think I'd be prepared to trade a rarer forward that could potentially average 100 if he got his s**t together (most likely will average ~90 imo) , for a 95 midfielder.

At the end of the day I'm happy to keep him, but we all have our little strategies and quirks we are working to achieve.

Hey Van -

I really want to do a trade with you and have no problem moving on Kelly - but I think both Burgoyne and Stokes will go back to their historical averages and that Kelly and Hibberd will score more over the rest of the year.

Kelly for Gaff? I think you make out like a bandit with that one.

The first positional updates for 2014 are here! Not too much to get excited over really, but whoever has Clinton Young would be cheering as he is now eligible as Back.

Someone has Clinton Young??!

Sorry, just noticed this thread!

Hey Van -

I really want to do a trade with you and have no problem moving on Kelly - but I think both Burgoyne and Stokes will go back to their historical averages and that Kelly and Hibberd will score more over the rest of the year.

Kelly for Gaff? I think you make out like a bandit with that one.
Do we really trade Gaff again. Last time I traded him to you he played horribly. I don't know if I can do that to the poor lad again. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back