2014 V8 Supercars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
Whose this Chad Newylon [think that's the name] that called the Ute races ?

does a fair bit of work on speedweek. has been doing the drag racing for a few years and i think i heard him today on there calling some race from eastern creek in the brief period i flicked over.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Anyone else a fan of the big numbers on the side of the GRM cars (and Erebus(?) today). I really like it.

GRM - yes
Erebus - no

the Erebus one was just too big and why was it bright yellow ?
The GRM ones started as a joke about 6 weeks ago after they returned from a 6-8 week break.During the break Scott McLaughlin went to the New Hampshire Sprint Cup race and was hanging out with Ambrose and also Paul Menard [Frostys crew chief from last year now works with Menard],so Garry Rogers as a joke got his team to put Nascar numbers on Scotts car/Obviously it was popular as next round the other GRM car had it.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Hes in his 40s now isnt he ?? Not too many guys win titles at that age especially these days.

Hopefully it brings DJR back to where us fans want them to be.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
Really good to see DJR gain strength of resources, good for the series publicity for Ambrose to return but I don't think he'll be a title contender. He's a long time away and the new breed are pretty finely honed in the current cars. At his age, I think he'll find it tough.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Just ace news all round.

Penske is having a good month. Leading the Chase and won the IndyCar championship. It won't take them long to get up to speed.

Be interesting to see when the 2015 Indycar schedule is released to see if there's a clash with enduros next year.
Could have an Ambrose/Power line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back