2014 V8 Supercars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed race 2, but watched 1 & 3. That last race was a joke.

Those speeding penalties were stupid and things like that will make it hard for them to succeed as an international category.

Ingalls deserved a penalty of some sort, and usually I would say he deserved a drive through, but he is exactly right, the officials are ridiculously inconsistent.

Well done to Holdsworth, Winterbottom, Courtney and Slade.

This same problem happened in a race,I think at the Gold Coast,last year.A heap of drivers got pinged for speeding in pitlane in a race but the other races that weekend barely had any,just like this weekend.

That's either going to be so good, or we will have about 20 safety car periods, at least 7, 4 car pile ups and about 37 laps of green flag racing. Just imagine a little rain added in.

It could be a really good thing for Bathurst but I'm not it sure if the Dunlop guys could keep going for about 6 hours.

when was that? Post race with Murph he said "I did not speed mate, no way"

Yep but it sounds like somone got it wrong in pitlane because McLaughlin was not speeding.

Sounds like they may have booked the wrong person ?

That's either going to be so good, or we will have about 20 safety car periods, at least 7, 4 car pile ups and about 37 laps of green flag racing. Just imagine a little rain added in.

It could be a really good thing for Bathurst but I'm not it sure if the Dunlop guys could keep going for about 6 hours.

Actually I read a few years ago they had stats where there were less safety cars in the days of the 55 car grid (which would obviously have involved more Dunlop Series runners and once a year favorites of Dick Johnson) than there was in the so called elite era, although I'm sure they were less inclined in the late 90's to randomly wave a full course yellow for a car that was in truth well out of danger. Might try to watch the 2000 race though (the wettest race in the V8 era given 1992 was pre-V8) to see the yellow periods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't they show the speed gun click over to 41kph for a brief nano second?
probably, big deal. Radar's aren't 100% accurate anyway.

if the V8's want to adjudicate like the FIA do they're going to start losing people. Surely common sense should prevail, if the guy cruises down the entire pitlane at 41+km/h ping him, but otherwise who cares?

the other interesting one was Roland Dane's comments on Slade's wheel rolling around. 100% on the money IMO and deserved to be pissed off.

Actually I read a few years ago they had stats where there were less safety cars in the days of the 55 car grid (which would obviously have involved more Dunlop Series runners and once a year favorites of Dick Johnson) than there was in the so called elite era, although I'm sure they were less inclined in the late 90's to randomly wave a full course yellow for a car that was in truth well out of danger. Might try to watch the 2000 race though (the wettest race in the V8 era given 1992 was pre-V8) to see the yellow periods.
As you said, the stats would be a little different since they were more happy to just through local yellows instead of full course yellows back then.

probably, big deal. Radar's aren't 100% accurate anyway.

if the V8's want to adjudicate like the FIA do they're going to start losing people. Surely common sense should prevail, if the guy cruises down the entire pitlane at 41+km/h ping him, but otherwise who cares?

the other interesting one was Roland Dane's comments on Slade's wheel rolling around. 100% on the money IMO and deserved to be pissed off.
Yeah that's my general feeling, but you do have to draw a line somewhere you can't cross, how do you judge the difference between someone averaging 40.5, 41 or 42.5 down pit lane? Where's the line that acceptable and what's not? The easiest way to do it is set a speed limit and stick to that, you go over it you pay the price. The price you pay could and should be looked at. A drive through is a bit harsh, maybe let them have a pit stop with a 2 second penalty, where they can't do any work for those 2 seconds something like that.

1999 had a full grid & there were heaps of safety cars in the first half of the race (think Dumbrell crashing out of his first Bathurst, Mezera/Tander multi car pile up at the elbow, Wills crashing out of the lead & Canto getting punted in the Wayne Wakefield Commodore) & then it settled down & there were hardly any in the second half.

I liked there being more cars in the field though...

1999 had a full grid & there were heaps of safety cars in the first half of the race (think Dumbrell crashing out of his first Bathurst, Mezera/Tander multi car pile up at the elbow, Wills crashing out of the lead & Canto getting punted in the Wayne Wakefield Commodore) & then it settled down & there were hardly any in the second half.

I liked there being more cars in the field though...
I've seen videos of Cantos crash of YouTube and Man is it a hard one.

Probably the biggest hit at The Cutting by far

Talk going around that the sensor was on the corner in the lane and people were short cutting the corner by fractions resulting in a shorter time between the timing sensors. Explains 6 or so cars being pinged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back