2014 Western Australian Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

My punt at a team to play South Australia without knowing the final squad.

FB: Clem Smith - Samuel Bevan - Harry Taylor
HB: Harrison Court - Dylan Winton - Ben Hancock
C: Callum Ah Chee* - Bradley Walsh - Ryan Lim
HF: Matthew Ah Sui - Jack Cripps - Aiden Anderson
FF: Josh Deluca - Tyler Keitel - Jarrod Pickett

R: William Frampton - Alec Waterman - Gregory Clark*
Int: Jacob Dragovich - Connor Blakely - Dylan Nelson - Clayton Gilbert

Hard part if scoping out what talls they want to play and in what way do they want to play them. One thing i do like about the above team is that it's very flexible.

That would be fair. Barry Barone is the only other one deserving of selection and he's out with an ACL. Thomas Bennett is a little unlucky as he's all class, but there aren't as many places for underage players given the depth of the 1996 group.

Subiaco on the other hand have six players. Deluca, Walters, Summers, Grace, Clark and Adam Creeper (194cm KPD).

Just going through the Colts teams for the weekend and a few guys are playing that i didn't expect. Jacob Dragovich and Dylan Nelson, so you probably can subtract them from the 22 i put up above.

That would be fair. Barry Barone is the only other one deserving of selection and he's out with an ACL. Thomas Bennett is a little unlucky as he's all class, but there aren't as many places for underage players given the depth of the 1996 group.

Subiaco on the other hand have six players. Deluca, Walters, Summers, Grace, Clark and Adam Creeper (194cm KPD).

Just going through the Colts teams for the weekend and a few guys are playing that i didn't expect. Jacob Dragovich and Dylan Nelson, so you probably can subtract them from the 22 i put up above.
Bennet did get in

Glad to see Zac Dent make it in there. He is putting up good numbers for East Perth and is that explosive player that could make a difference in the U18s if he gets the chance.

Glad to see Zac Dent make it in there. He is putting up good numbers for East Perth and is that explosive player that could make a difference in the U18s if he gets the chance.

Yeah it's good to see a few guys from the Lower South West making the side in him, Giblett and Della Franca.

WA Leadership Group.
190514sptstate2_19nqh1j-19nqh1r.jpg

Alec Waterman, Connor Blakely, Jack Cripps, Jared Hardisty, Bradley Walsh and Dylan Winton.

Article on Walsh.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/s...kipper-walsh-prepares-to-lead-wa-into-battle/

Probably just a bad angle but Waterman really looks like he's carrying a bit around the gut in that.

Massive upper legs though.
I think someone said on our board that he weighs 89kg? If that's the case I think he's definitely carrying some extra weight.

Probably just a bad angle but Waterman really looks like he's carrying a bit around the gut in that.

Massive upper legs though.
Ablett jnr upper body, Swan hips and legs............I guess what I'm trying to say is he's going to be better than both, and win 8 brownlow medals, 3 norm smiths, 7 rising star awards and 10 premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saw cmont colts play today and Nic reid looked solid. Pretty tall, athletic and has a penetrating kick.

looked at his wafl profile and he is a 95 birthday. Also noticed he played colts in 2012, didn't play a game in 2013 and is now playing in 2014. Does anyone know why this is? was he injured?

saw cmont colts play today and Nic reid looked solid. Pretty tall, athletic and has a penetrating kick.

looked at his wafl profile and he is a 95 birthday. Also noticed he played colts in 2012, didn't play a game in 2013 and is now playing in 2014. Does anyone know why this is? was he injured?

Shoulders. He has a great body shape for an AFL footballer, he's a tad over six foot or so with some nice athletic ability. Not an elite prospect but one that should be able to transition to state league football if he wants. Plays at a rapid pace, just needs to improve his composure and consistency by foot.

Eastern, what are your thoughts on Ben Hancock? Had a quiet championship carnival but has played some good footy for peel's league side.

Eastern, what are your thoughts on Ben Hancock? Had a quiet championship carnival but has played some good footy for peel's league side.

Can play, but he's a foot solider rather than a elite talent. Not sure he'll be deemed good enough for an AFL list but he's certainly a league footballer.

Linford Smith from East Perth colts is starting to get noticed. Light built 189cm wingman. Son of a WAFL player. Low possession count but uses it well and has lifted with the state players out of the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back