2014 WTA Premier/International Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Venus wins Dubai with a 6-3 6-0 win over Cornet. Dan you weren't far off the scoreline :p

Ash Barty playing qualies in Acapulco won her first round over 16 year old wildcard Naomi Osaka 6-2 6-4. Rogowska lost a tight one to another 16 year old Belinda Benic 3-6 7-6(7) 6-3. 11 Double faults....

Back to the Cornet we all know and love.

Serena was all class in losing though.

Williams said: "I'm a bit embarrassed.

"She played really well. I didn't play well. I tried, though. I just kept hitting errors. I don't think I have made that many errors in a match in three, maybe four years. Out of 10, I was like a minus 283. Maybe I can go to the amateurs."

As much as I dislike Serena, she's honest at least. love the out of 10 quote.

Congrats to Venus though, the tennis I saw from her this week was very impressive and I wasn't sure we were going to see that again.

Serena was all class in losing though.
Williams said: "I'm a bit embarrassed.
"She played really well. I didn't play well. I tried, though. I just kept hitting errors. I don't think I have made that many errors in a match in three, maybe four years. Out of 10, I was like a minus 283. Maybe I can go to the amateurs."
As much as I dislike Serena, she's honest at least. love the out of 10 quote.
Tend to agree Matt. Serena was being honest. The truth is she is the best player in the world and to lose to someone like Cornet would mean she would have had an off day.
The problem we have is nearly all press conferences are boring because players give the stock standard answer that wont upset anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't of called that a choke, even if she was a break up in the 2nd, Sharapova did up her game.
She lost all of her confidence after losing that 3-1 game - especially when she had points for a 4-1 lead. Was the biggest choke I've seen from her in a long time. :thumbsdown:

Pretty random Eurosport have picked up the coverage for the Portugal Open. Starting off with Wickmayer and U.Radwanska. Sam is playing here and has a qualifier first up.

There is actually no one in the crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back