Opinion 2015/16 Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Clarke cares about Australian cricket, he would call time on his career after this test.

I didnt see him bat in the first 2 tests but rarely have i seen a batsman as out of form as him during this knock. He doesnt know where his off stump is, has no clue whether to get forward or get back, is slow to pick up length and on both square drives/cuts he attempted was that late on them, it was embarrassing.

Time for Rod Marsh to make some really tough calls.

For Finn to take the scalps of 1st, 2nd and 3rd drop is an indictment on our top/middle order. The bloke hasnt played a test in 2 *ing years or something and Warner is playing him and the rest of the bowlers with ease. I said it earlier in the thread, and its not popular, but i reckon he is our #3. It allows another opener in the top order, pushes Smith to 4 and strengthens our middle order. Its paramount with Mitch Marsh and Nevill in the team that we can shield them. Clarke and Voges do not.

btw, Marsh can effectively end Watsons test career if he can produce a knock here.

Well we're absolutely cactus now North Melbourne's own Mitch Marsh has come a cropper.

Clarke's batting in the earlier tests was as excruciating as this one. He's lost it.

Anyway, im out... I cant watch this tripe.

How is Nic Maddinson doing these days? I thought he was a talent a couple of years ago but the way we select batsmen, they have to be nearing retirement to get a look in.

Anyway, im out... I cant watch this tripe.

How is Nic Maddinson doing these days? I thought he was a talent a couple of years ago but the way we select batsmen, they have to be nearing retirement to get a look in.

He'll get a look-in at around 36.

Voges has blown his opportunity, and I reckon he knows it.

Right now is Nifty Nev's chance.

He'll get a look-in at around 36.

Voges has blown his opportunity, and I reckon he knows it.

Right now is Nifty Nev's chance.

With what Voges has dished up, he shouldnt get another test imo.

All negatives aside, this has been a spectacular knock from Warner. He just needed someone to put their hand up for a an hour or two.

Ive decided to stay up to see his ton. Its all we have left.

Anderson injured and possibly out of the rest of the series opens things up for a drawn series at the very least.

Nev and Jonno fighting on here. A ton each and we're back in it! :unicorn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know Aussie domestic cricket that well, but where are the young batsmen knocking on the door ? You used to have 4-5 guys averaging close to 50 banging the door down. Where have they disappeared too ?

I don't know Aussie domestic cricket that well, but where are the young batsmen knocking on the door ? You used to have 4-5 guys averaging close to 50 banging the door down. Where have they disappeared too ?
Hidden away and Cricket Aust are just biding their time until their 38 years old - that's when they'll debut and take the cricketing world by storm!

1280px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Get around us :D:p

Playing for Australia A and currently slaughtering India A.

Twenty 20 cricket is similar to a baseball game, minus the steroids.

Test cricket is similar to a baseball series over five days, with players dressed like cleaners all in white.
And The Ashes is like a 4-game Yankees-Red Sox or Giants-Dodgers series in August with both teams still in the playoff hunt.

Can I just jump in here to add also that THE JAYS GOT TULOWITSKI AND PRICE AT THE DEADLINE! MANAGEMENT ACTUALLY WANTS TO TRY AND WIN!

Srsly, the already best offense in either league can now trot out Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion, Tulo and Martin every damn day. And finally have an actual ace starter. Scary.

Oh Joshen. I never knew.

We know now..........

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

Would have thought a young batsmen would have been a better bet then Voges when he got selected. Could have had a series against the West indies to find their feet a little before the ashes

The old Boys men's club rules of Aussie cricket selection Kiwi. Logic has no place!

Would have thought a young batsmen would have been a better bet then Voges when he got selected. Could have had a series against the West indies to find their feet a little before the ashes
Goes against the grain of only blooding test batsmen after scoring 10000+ domestic runs and being 33+ years of age- or playing for NSW.

If Clarke cares about Australian cricket, he would call time on his career after this test.

I didnt see him bat in the first 2 tests but rarely have i seen a batsman as out of form as him during this knock. He doesnt know where his off stump is, has no clue whether to get forward or get back, is slow to pick up length and on both square drives/cuts he attempted was that late on them, it was embarrassing.

Time for Rod Marsh to make some really tough calls.

For Finn to take the scalps of 1st, 2nd and 3rd drop is an indictment on our top/middle order. The bloke hasnt played a test in 2 ruddy years or something and Warner is playing him and the rest of the bowlers with ease. I said it earlier in the thread, and its not popular, but i reckon he is our #3. It allows another opener in the top order, pushes Smith to 4 and strengthens our middle order. Its paramount with Mitch Marsh and Nevill in the team that we can shield them. Clarke and Voges do not.

btw, Marsh can effectively end Watsons test career if he can produce a knock here.

Not a bad call moving Warner to no.3

Maybe even no. 5? Imagine getting him in when we are 3/200, 60 overs in to face the old ball. He'd be scary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back